DeLonghi espresso machine + vinegar cleaning?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

01 Feb 2023

motuscott wrote:
31 Jan 2023
I loves the coffee. I makes it strong with paper cone filter and supermarket brand expresso. Granted this is nyc, if you're going to call it expresso, even in the supermarket, it needs to kick some ass. Could never fathom the degree of clean up involved with expresso machine. What are you gonna do when civilization breaks down and your barista is unreachable by cell phone?
These are the questions that keep me awake at night
To be honest, I quit coffee before, and will quit it again. I just drink some light ones now and then. Just to heat the milk a bit and give it some flavor. I always turn the coffee strength down to minimum for myself.

Supermarket brands can be surprising. Indeed surprising - that's why for coffee, I avoid them.
That said, quality coffee wasn't available this time - just Tchibo's "high quality" espresso, aka overpriced crap.
Bag says: "We take responsibility" ... oh boy, more expensive, even less quality. They keep more money, and give not a cent more to workers. Woke Tchibo? x D They better go back to sleep.

motuscott

01 Feb 2023

Cow lactate is killin' America.
And them cow farts is destroying America's slender "Space Lead"
Patriots Assemble!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

01 Feb 2023

Wait, were we talking coffee, or America's desperate need to take the whole fucking planet down along with us?
confused
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

RobC

02 Feb 2023

motuscott wrote:
01 Feb 2023
Wait, were we talking coffee, or America's desperate need to take the whole fucking planet down along with us?
confused
I think the brand I mentioned, is German, actually.

RobC

02 Feb 2023

The results are in:

I ran the cleaning programme with 20% vinegar, 100 ml - much like the ammount of the original DeLonghi cleaning liquid. The programme asked for about 1 L water added, so that reduced the strength to more or less 2%, if I calculate correctly.

So far, it was successful. No more cleaning alert; and the coffee wasn't vinegary either.

The first cleaning cycle was mildly cloudy. After all was done, nothing unusual happened. Good as new, I guess.

All in all, it worked. All is fine... for now.

• Information