Should I stop making music if I'm not a famous musician?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
visheshl

14 Jan 2023

Screenshot_2023-01-14-13-14-11-718_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro_1.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-14-13-14-11-718_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro_1.jpg (175.36 KiB) Viewed 474 times

DaveyG

14 Jan 2023

He could not be more wrong.
It's never time to grow up.

RobC

14 Jan 2023

Sounds like a response from someone with good ole' autistic-psychopathy. x D

Jac459

14 Jan 2023

No, I think he is just joking... And it is quite funny.

Maybe he is just answering a dick question like: "is it too late to become a rockstar at 36?". I think it is very sad to do music to become a star, one should do music just because he loves it... and if success happens, it is bonus..
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

RobC

14 Jan 2023

Jac459 wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2023
No, I think he is just joking...
Then he would have added at least a J/K and some motivating words.

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

Wish I was a 36 yo loser again
Time to get jiggy wid it
As you kids say...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

Aosta

14 Jan 2023

This time next year I'll have all dem hoes and swag :thumbup:

Tend the flame

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

Do good work. Keep a record.
Always back your files up

I has spoken

RobC

14 Jan 2023

motuscott wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2023
Do good work. Keep a record.
Always back your files up

I has spoken
You know... I did lose a decade of music with a dead winchester. Haven't written any songs since then. Though that's cause sound engineering got more and more fascinating.

Jac459

14 Jan 2023

RobC wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2023

You know... I did lose a decade of music with a dead winchester. Haven't written any songs since then. Though that's cause sound engineering got more and more fascinating.

That's pretty terrible... :-(
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

If U haven't finished a song in recent memory, I've got just the DAW forum for you...
ReasonTalkers, we don't judge, we just condemn
One thousand MIDI lashes, m'lord
Like now 'n shit

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

I once wrote a song. It was very painfull.
Had a girlfriend at the time who shepherded me through it. Cain't imagine what she was thinking.
Ugly is a word I once saw in a book. In real life, it's spelled different

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2023

14 Jan 2023
No, I think he is just joking... And it is quite funny.

Maybe he is just answering a dick question like: "is it too late to become a rockstar at 36?". I think it is very sad to do music to become a star, one should do music just because he loves it... and if success happens, it is bonus..
Or even "do music just because ".
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

motuscott

14 Jan 2023

Thor can do that

RobC

14 Jan 2023

14 Jan 2023
14 Jan 2023

I was like 'good riddance', actually. x D Of course, the initial thought was 'time to pee into a power outlet!'. : D But yeah, I think of it like ~ old music, probably wouldn't have sold anyway.

Making music is still fun. But the engineering part with all the possibilities is simply mind-blowing!

I'll get back into it though this year!

RobC

14 Jan 2023

New title?

New reply: fuck no.

visheshl

14 Jan 2023

14 Jan 2023
14 Jan 2023

I was like 'good riddance', actually. x D Of course, the initial thought was 'time to pee into a power outlet!'. : D But yeah, I think of it like ~ old music, probably wouldn't have sold anyway.

Making music is still fun. But the engineering part with all the possibilities is simply mind-blowing!

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ Im still here though, i mean if you had such a dislike, i have been trying to get rid of myself too...i can't though... unfortunately for you...i wish that you would be able to say good riddance for good very soon...and i also wish that after that you never would have to wish good riddance to someone πŸ™

jam-s

14 Jan 2023

If you goal is to make a living from your music and you've not managed to get this after several years, I suggest buying lottery tickets instead. Might be the better option. ;)
If you're doing music as a hobby and just would not mind proper recognition then keep going on.

p.s.: The big corporate music business is a pretty bad environment especially for artists. For independent artists its better, but getting rich this way depends pretty much on luck as well as on skill and work.

visheshl

14 Jan 2023

This was the last community i felt a connection with...but i guess its time to pee into a power outlet isn't it....oh well...

RobC

14 Jan 2023

visheshl wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2023
14 Jan 2023

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ Im still here though, i mean if you had such a dislike, i have been trying to get rid of myself too...i can't though... unfortunately for you...i wish that you would be able to say good riddance for good very soon...and i also wish that after that you never would have to wish good riddance to someone πŸ™
I was talking about that I was feeling free after 10 years of music of mine just vanished. x D Time for the next page. Gotta keep going. If we get old, then gotta go fast! Like Sonic The Hedgehog! x D

RobC

14 Jan 2023

jam-s wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2023
If you goal is to make a living from your music and you've not managed to get this after several years, I suggest buying lottery tickets instead. Might be the better option. ;)
If you're doing music as a hobby and just would not mind proper recognition then keep going on.

p.s.: The big corporate music business is a pretty bad environment especially for artists. For independent artists its better, but getting rich this way depends pretty much on luck as well as on skill and work.
You have any idea how easy it is to leech on the big business and get discovered? All it takes is some remixing, hamming up, SEO, and you're in! Gotta look for the smol gates. Spend time marketing - or hire a manager if you don't like the filthy work.

RobC

14 Jan 2023

Also, you can make a ton of money through making music and engineering music.

You don't have to be famous.

Who tells you to just quit, is a motherf*ck*r, that wants one less concurence.

jam-s

14 Jan 2023

14 Jan 2023
You have any idea how easy it is to leech on the big business and get discovered? All it takes is some remixing, hamming up, SEO, and you're in! Gotta look for the smol gates. Spend time marketing - or hire a manager if you don't like the filthy work.
I'm saying if you've spent years working on this without much success why do you think keeping at it will work out sometime soon? When having the skills then you should at least be able to get some contract work to keep going and surviving. If not, well, you'll have to have another means to get food on the table.

visheshl

14 Jan 2023

Oh well...too bad this question wasn't about me 🀣 just a random question i bumped into while googling.
So thats someone else's food on the table you just talked about.

• Information