lightshow for personal use (living room)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

03 Dec 2022

hi.

am, let's say... in half of year i will have my living room (the room where i lieve, work, sleep and so on; i am living at my parents) completely renewed.
from bottom to top. everything will be replaced. partly because of cigarette smoke, partly because everything is now old and used.

so, when the room will be finished...

... i thought to decorate it with some decent lightshow.

by saying lightshow i am meaning lights that will blink in rhythm of music.
my preffered wish is to have at least three different colors of three different lights.
so that the drums in music will affect strobing one of these three lights separately.
for mids same and for highs same.

now. problem is i have no idea what to look for. neighter i do not know how these lights i am lookign for are named.

i just went to thomann.de official web site and looked for it... and they have a lot of these lights/light sets/equipments and so on.
i have no idea what to look for.

so i am asking if you could help me.

here is the link to thomann.de's subpage for lightning effetcs: https://www.thomann.de/intl/lighting_and_stage.html

what shoud i look for?

as said: three different lights - each for seperate frequency spectre -> one for drums, second for mids and third for highs (cymbals and hihats).

:P
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2022

Way back in theearly 90s I had 3 Optikinetics Solar 250s, a Moonflower and a smoke machine. Happy days. Used to project ono the apple blossom in the park outside my flat. I've still got an Opti 250 and a load of wheels and cassettes. Nice to project on to snow. Check 'em out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

selig
RE Developer

03 Dec 2022

Look for “sound activated” lights.
Selig Audio, LLC

Rising Night Wave

03 Dec 2022

MrFigg wrote:
03 Dec 2022
Way back in theearly 90s I had 3 Optikinetics Solar 250s, a Moonflower and a smoke machine. Happy days. Used to project ono the apple blossom in the park outside my flat. I've still got an Opti 250 and a load of wheels and cassettes. Nice to project on to snow. Check 'em out.
i'll take a look.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

03 Dec 2022

selig wrote:
03 Dec 2022
Look for “sound activated” lights.
thanks for directions. i looked for this phrase.
on google there is a lof of results.

okey.

am, sorry if i am annoying... selig and others... how is it with Thomann's web page?

jam-s

03 Dec 2022

I think this light might work for your room: https://www.thomann.de/intl/stairville_ ... 150_40.htm

(Also check the manual on what the internal sound2light modes offer exactly and if that's what you're looking for. Another option could be to visit their show room and get some advice on what to buy.)

• Information