Roon users?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Jac459

22 Sep 2022

As I suppose many of you love to listen and discover music almost as much as creating your own, I was wondering if there was other users of the fantastic software ROON?

They just issued a new awesome version.

If you don't know what I am talking about :
https://roonlabs.com/
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

miyaru

26 Sep 2022

I gladly beleive it is way better than Spotify, that is no a big thing to do. I use Spotify on a Raspberry Pi, running Volumio. My amp is a NAD D 3045 hybrid digital amp. The Raspberry is connected to the NAD by USB. This way it is sonically doable.

When I really want to enjoy music I play a vinyl record on my Pro-Ject Expierence 2 Acryl.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Jac459

26 Sep 2022

miyaru wrote:
26 Sep 2022
I gladly beleive it is way better than Spotify, that is no a big thing to do. I use Spotify on a Raspberry Pi, running Volumio. My amp is a NAD D 3045 hybrid digital amp. The Raspberry is connected to the NAD by USB. This way it is sonically doable.

When I really want to enjoy music I play a vinyl record on my Pro-Ject Expierence 2 Acryl.
I used volumio for a full year before going to roon. Volumio is awesome and a very well done software.
At this time, the multiroom play was a bit... Raw.... Is it still the case?

By the way with the new version you can have your own Spotify. Stream directly from your house server to your mobile. It works awesome.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

miyaru

07 Oct 2022

Jac459 wrote:
26 Sep 2022
miyaru wrote:
26 Sep 2022

I used volumio for a full year before going to roon. Volumio is awesome and a very well done software.

By the way with the new version you can have your own Spotify. Stream directly from your house server to your mobile. It works awesome.
Can Roon be running on a Raspberry PI 2B? That is my music streaming device........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Jac459

07 Oct 2022

miyaru wrote:
07 Oct 2022
Jac459 wrote:
26 Sep 2022

Can Roon be running on a Raspberry PI 2B? That is my music streaming device........
No it can't unfortunately. Not like volumio...

The 'raspberry' I am using I call it the 'hulk'. It is a mac mini m1... 😅
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information