Give me your absolute worst patches (to make music with)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

I feel a sudden urge to try something new and I need your help.
At the core I believe it's possible to create something decent with any crap material, given enough creativity and care goes into it.
So let's try that out.

Feel free to give me 1 or 2 horrible patches each, not more per person. I'd prefer no combinator patches as I hate working with them. And I'm on R11 so I won't be able to open the new combinator.
Pick from any included synth patches or create your own garbage patch. Of course what a "garbage patch" is, is up to you.

When I've gathered somewhere between 10-15 patches in total in this thread I'll play around with them and try to make some music.
I'll try to leave the patches themself intact with no synth tweaking, but if I feel like it I'll give myself the liberty to add effects to them if it makes sense to do so.

Synths you can pick from: Everything included in R11 Suite. Legend, Vibro, Expanse, Zero, Viking 2, Snakebite, Parsec, Nostromo, Rostnomo, anything from Noise Engineering, Complex-1. Those should be more than enough to choose from.

So there you go. Give me your absolute worst and wish me luck. :puf_smile:

Rising Night Wave

03 Aug 2022

haha. lol. good luck with creating.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

selig
RE Developer

03 Aug 2022

Seems like Combi patches would be perfect since you hate them more than you hate horrible patches!
But seriously, if no takers then just work with the default patch on every instrument in Reason - should keep you on your toes and out of trouble for a few hours…
Selig Audio, LLC

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

selig wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Seems like Combi patches would be perfect since you hate them more than you hate horrible patches!
But seriously, if no takers then just work with the default patch on every instrument in Reason - should keep you on your toes and out of trouble for a few hours…
Well if you have any horrible combi patches, feel free to post them. :puf_smile: It's not what I prefer, but I'll handle it. As long as it's not the R12 combi.

motuscott

03 Aug 2022

I admire your chuff.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

you certainly have picked an interesting challenge to set yourself here :lol:

Attached are 2 bad patches for the Legend Re made as garbage as i could for your challenge (its actually hard to make the legend sound bad)
Attachments
TA Garbage legend Re Sounds.zip
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

motuscott wrote:
03 Aug 2022
I admire your chuff.
Never heard the word "chuff" before. I'm Swedish. Had to look it up. Found a couple of different alternatives:

verb
(of a steam engine) move with a regular sharp puffing sound.
"the train was chuffing out of the station"

I also found:

"The buttocks"
"The anus"

I'm just gonna go with the first alternative with this one. :lol:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
03 Aug 2022

Attached are 2 bad patches for the Legend Re made as garbage as i could for your challenge (its actually hard to make the legend sound bad)
Yes. :puf_smile: This is gonna be interesting.

Thanks for the patches. The barking patch is gonna be a challenge. Not the most "playable" sound I've ever used. :lol: But I'll make it work, somehow.

motuscott

03 Aug 2022

It was the anus.
I admire your the anus.
🙂
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2022

motuscott wrote:
03 Aug 2022
It was the anus.
I admire your the anus.
🙂
Alright, thanks. :lol:

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Aug 2022
Popey wrote:
03 Aug 2022

Thanks for the patches. The barking patch is gonna be a challenge. Not the most "playable" sound I've ever used. :lol: But I'll make it work, somehow.
Ha ha hope I didn't go ott with making the patches too garbage. I would struggle to use them but I am sure you will have fun trying.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 Aug 2022

Ha ha hope I didn't go ott with making the patches too garbage. I would struggle to use them but I am sure you will have fun trying.
No I asked for it. I'm sure I can make something with them.
Hey since it seems not a lot of people are posting any patches, if you have the time and are in the mood for it, feel free to post a couple of more garbarge patches and I'll get to it.
You can view it as your own little mini challenge, creating shit patches. :-) Only if you want to of course.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Hey since it seems not a lot of people are posting any patches, if you have the time and are in the mood for it, feel free to post a couple of more garbarge patches and I'll get to it.
You can view it as your own little mini challenge, creating shit patches. :-) Only if you want to of course.
Yeah sure I will get some time over the next few days and thinking europa may be a good candidate as there are plenty of options to make weird garbage patches with wave tables and modulation options (more than legend anyway).

Hopefully others contribute as well for you and it will be interesting to see the end result.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Yeah sure I will get some time over the next few days and thinking europa may be a good candidate as there are plenty of options to make weird garbage patches with wave tables and modulation options (more than legend anyway).

Hopefully others contribute as well for you and it will be interesting to see the end result.
Sounds great. :thumbup: Appreciate the effort, especially for something stupid like this. :lol:

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

Hey! Here's some patches I've made in the past just tinkering with the Thor presets ><
Thor patches wowhow.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

moofi

04 Aug 2022

Making them sounding bad on purpose is sort of cheating I find. :-)
Popey wrote:
03 Aug 2022

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Popey wrote:
03 Aug 2022

Ha ha I think Tritone Addiction wants the challenge. I would certainly feel the patches I sent are garbage should I have come across them as synth presets so think they fit the bill😂

moofi

04 Aug 2022

Yeah, I hear you, just looked at it from a different perspective, like already existing crappy stuff finally finding salvation :-D
Then I feel like this approach would be more appropriate for songs/loops/sketches. A crappy patch usually isn´t saved unlike songs, at least here :-D
Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022
moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Ha ha I think Tritone Addiction wants the challenge. I would certainly feel the patches I sent are garbage should I have come across them as synth presets so think they fit the bill😂

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022
moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022

I was going to say, they're not THAT bad but they're so out of tune! lol
I still think it would be cool as sound effects though.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2022

moofi wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Yeah, I hear you, just looked at it from a different perspective, like already existing crappy stuff finally finding salvation :-D
Then I feel like this approach would be more appropriate for songs/loops/sketches. A crappy patch usually isn´t saved unlike songs, at least here :-D
Popey wrote:
04 Aug 2022

Yeah I bet we all have some loops, midi etc of stuff we are not feeling that much so never developed perhaps an idea for the challenge pages. I had to make these from scratch as you correctly point out I never save patches that don't work out as intended or what I envisaged in my mind.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2022

wowhow wrote:
04 Aug 2022
Hey! Here's some patches I've made in the past just tinkering with the Thor presets ><Thor patches wowhow.zip
Thanks. I can definitely work with those.

wowhow
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2022

Yea! Thanks as well for letting me share my patches!

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

couple of europa patches. Went easy on you this time so not as out of tune as the legend patches but still the type of thing i would not really use myself :lol:

edit: forgot to rename the folder so although it says legend there are europa patches inside.
Attachments
TA Garbage legend Re Sounds (2).zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

Thought i may as well also share this technoish techy pluck patch i liked. Created this in Legend whilst trying to make intentionally poor ones for Tritone Addiction.

Happy accidents and all that :-)
Attachments
TA Bonus legend Re Sound.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
07 Aug 2022
couple of europa patches. Went easy on you this time so not as out of tune as the legend patches but still the type of thing i would not really use myself :lol:

edit: forgot to rename the folder so although it says legend there are europa patches inside.
Thanks for the patches man. Really appreciate it. I'll take some time and play around with all the patches I've gotten here.
I'll post something here or in the music thread when I've got something. :puf_smile:

• Information