If you could only use ONE synth for a whole year, which one would it be?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
aeox
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2022

subtractor

ksniod

02 Sep 2022

Probably VirtualCZ (which I love)

rorystorm

05 Sep 2022

Absynth. Probably take a year to understand the thing.

jakrbt

12 Mar 2024

jakrbt wrote:
08 Aug 2022
For me this question has a very simple answer.....

Access Virus TI2

It's a powerhouse and the sounds that can be generated with it are incredible. And i think it would likely take me nearly a lifetime to learn completely
As fate would have it, i received a Virus TI2 as a Christmas gift from my wife! Not 100% certain yet, but it could have been the very last one produced with a build date of Nov. 16, 2023. I've posed the question to Access/Kemper and am waiting to hear back. Been chasing the damn thing since 2009 and it's a dream to finally have it in my kit.
"Without music, life would be a mistake.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

Aosta

12 Mar 2024

Waldorf Microwave XT

For some reason I've always been fascinated by this synth and I can't tell you why, the look and the sounds that can be got from it have always captivated me.
Tend the flame

challism

12 Mar 2024

Since I'm a RS fan boy, I'm going to have to go with Objekt. It's amazing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

12 Mar 2024

My first thought is something super versatile like U-he Zebra, but on reflection I probably wouldn't go for a VST synth. I don't love the way Reason handles VST, and I'd get pretty sick of opening & closing the plugin window for a whole year

So, probably Europa. Or maybe Amalgam - not really a does-everything synth and I'm still on the learning curve, but it's amazingly well designed and I love using it

crimsonwarlock

12 Mar 2024

Either Algoritm or Zero Hybrid.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

mimidancer

12 Mar 2024

Ensoniq ESQ 1. Hear me out. I get some dirty DCOs x3. 3 LFOs 4EGs and a sweet analog curtis filter. that screams like like a hungry baby. all that wrapped in a wonderful and flexible 8-track sequencer.

crimsonwarlock

12 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
12 Mar 2024
Ensoniq ESQ 1. Hear me out. I get some dirty DCOs x3. 3 LFOs 4EGs and a sweet analog curtis filter. that screams like like a hungry baby. all that wrapped in a wonderful and flexible 8-track sequencer.
The ESQ-1 is a beast. I owned one for about 20 years before selling it, together with most of my other hardware when I went ITB completely.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

rorystorm

12 Mar 2024

Waldorf Blofeld. I'm still finding new things to do with it and feeling like I've only scratched the surface.

mimidancer

12 Mar 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Mar 2024
mimidancer wrote:
12 Mar 2024
The ESQ-1 is a beast. I owned one for about 20 years before selling it, together with most of my other hardware when I went ITB completely.
My first synth. My papa got a triton and he gave this synth to me when I was a kid.

crimsonwarlock

13 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
12 Mar 2024
crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Mar 2024

My first synth. My papa got a triton and he gave this synth to me when I was a kid.
I bought mine when it just came out (I know, I'm old) from the Dutch official Ensoniq representative, Synton, who also made the awesome Syrinx synthesizer (quite rare now). They were also representing Fairlight, they had a CMI built into a grand piano in their showroom, but I couldn't afford that one :lol:
-------

Chi-Individual

25 Mar 2024

I just did this with Complex-1 (Mar 23/23 - Current), damn that year flew by, because last year I decided that I was sick of not knowing how to use the darn thing. It’s been a fun ride. Maybe I’ll choose either Algoritm or Objekt next.

WOO

25 Mar 2024

Man that is a tough one. If I was forced to use 1 synth for a year, I think I'd go stark raving mad. I could maybe live with 3, in which case they would be maia ver 2, dune 3 and synthmaster 2 at this particular moment in time. I have so many synths so little time. Sadly I sold my korg mono/poly, my prophet, dx9 and crumar synth and some roland rack mount synths from the 90's.

jam-s

25 Mar 2024

As long as Reaktor counts as a synth I'd be good. ;)

• Information