What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gkillmaster

19 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Allight :-D Enjoy, looks like a pretty fun tool and the only "module" from Make Noise so far I actually consider going for eventually :-)
gkillmaster wrote:
18 Jun 2022
0-Coast!
Thanks! So far, completely confused by it. But will keep plugging away.

WOO

19 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
01 Jun 2022
What I just bought is arriving with UPS tomorrow (or maybe Friday). I’ll post a pic when it comes.
Are you finally getting your guitar?

WOO

19 Jun 2022

A tire and parts for my zero turn mower. Parts for my other gas powered law tools. Man, parts are getting harder to find. Grass is getting mighty tall and the 45 acres that I maintain are looking pretty ragged.
And I'm considering getting reason 12 for 70 dollars from jrr.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2022

WOO wrote:
19 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
01 Jun 2022
What I just bought is arriving with UPS tomorrow (or maybe Friday). I’ll post a pic when it comes.
Got it. It’s the most beautiful guitar ever. Just picking it up is a joy. I love it. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moofi

19 Jun 2022

This video might help at least a little :-)

I also just noticed while looking for the video on youtube there´s a 0-CTRL for the 0-Coast having been releasing aswell.

gkillmaster wrote:
19 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
18 Jun 2022
Allight :-D Enjoy, looks like a pretty fun tool and the only "module" from Make Noise so far I actually consider going for eventually :-)

Thanks! So far, completely confused by it. But will keep plugging away.

gkillmaster

19 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Thank you! It started clicking for me today and I feel like I'm off and running with it now. I love it! It's really hard to stop knob dialing! Sounds too early to say for sure but I have started having thoughts about all the software I can sell now that was covering the similar territory. I love working with the unpredictableness of it!

I did watch those videos and they are excellent. Some of the best! This is the one that made it actually click for me:

moofi

19 Jun 2022

Glad it clicked. Yes, working with a modular (what this bascially is) though similar to working with CV in Reason is a little different. Like clocking/clock dividing/multiplying for example. Things that are often there by default in Reason have to be manually set up (signal path in general, envelopes to trigger a VCA, envelopes to trigger a VCA that´s attenuating a modulation source to any parameter, etc.) Didn´t take a closer look at the video again and been a while since I watched it, so I don´t know how it is exactly with 0-coast, though from what I remember when initially watching the video I felt like it was pretty flexible. Though some things are internally wired, they can be switched via the interface besides the offered CV-ins and outs. It´s simply a learning process to learn to think modular.
Anyway, would truely like to hear any results you are content with if you feel like showing. Can be complete mayhem aswell if you like, don´t mind ;-)
gkillmaster wrote:
19 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
19 Jun 2022
Thank you! It started clicking for me today and I feel like I'm off and running with it now. I love it! It's really hard to stop knob dialing! Sounds too early to say for sure but I have started having thoughts about all the software I can sell now that was covering the similar territory. I love working with the unpredictableness of it!

I did watch those videos and they are excellent. Some of the best! This is the one that made it actually click for me:

WOO

19 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jun 2022
WOO wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Got it. It’s the most beautiful guitar ever. Just picking it up is a joy. I love it. :)
Thats great man. I know you waited a long time to get it. Would love to see a picture of it and a short demo of how it sounds. Rock on

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Jun 2022

WOO wrote:
19 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Thats great man. I know you waited a long time to get it. Would love to see a picture of it and a short demo of how it sounds. Rock on
Scroll back a page in this thread and you’ll see it :).
I just got to Scotland yesterday to clear up and finalize all the stuff after my dad died but be back home again in a couple of weeks. Hopefully RS will have fixed all the bugs in Reason by then hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miyaru

21 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
19 Jun 2022
WOO wrote:
19 Jun 2022

I just got to Scotland yesterday to clear up and finalize all the stuff after my dad died but be back home again in a couple of weeks. Hopefully RS will have fixed all the bugs in Reason by then hahaha.
Sorry to hear your father passed away, my condolences…….
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

motuscott

21 Jun 2022

a smidgen more time
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

21 Jun 2022

Offset guitar body shape is the best sitting down guitar body shape.

Fight me, a sitting down guitar pretenderist

WOO

21 Jun 2022

miyaru wrote:
21 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
19 Jun 2022

Sorry to hear your father passed away, my condolences…….
Man she's a real beauty. Lucky man. My condolences as well on your fathers passing. Now play him something on that beautiful lady that will make him smile as he looks down on you from above.

plaamook

22 Jun 2022

A new Makita 1600W circular saw.
My 15yr old DeWalk finally pegged it.
Opened it up and the friggin gears were a mangled mess. It was only 1050w.
I toiled the little bastard to death running complicated kurfs along a 3m 2x6.
A bit too ambitious I guess.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Rising Night Wave

22 Jun 2022

i just bought my self - a few moments ago - these things:

1st: Reason+ subscription for another month... 19.99€ ... i still do not have enough money for annual plan since i am short on budget

2nd: Sounds Like Drums (ReFill) ... 17.00€ ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... ike-drums/

3rd: Drum Collider (Kong Presets) (ReFill) ... 17.00€ ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... -collider/

4th: Spiderfingers Electro Drums (Drum Patches & Samples) (ReFill) ... 10.00€ ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... tro-drums/

5th: Kong King (Patches for Kong) (ReFill) ... 10.00€ ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/kong-king/

then i bought the trial version of SubColours Octave Diver RE. i will buy it next month. i need to leave some money for this month to live through it.

i will need this RE for my little KONG hehe so i will make a big drum sounds :D

so that's it.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Jac459

22 Jun 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
22 Jun 2022

5th: Kong King (Patches for Kong) (ReFill) ... 10.00€ ... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/kong-king/
I am in full love of Kong, use it even more than umpf. How good are the patches? Are you happy with the purchase?
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Rising Night Wave

23 Jun 2022

Jac459 wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Rising Night Wave wrote:
22 Jun 2022

I am in full love of Kong, use it even more than umpf. How good are the patches? Are you happy with the purchase?
well, about the purchse i can not tell you jet how satisfied i am since i did not checked it all and in depth.
but so far - a brief fly through - i am quite satisfied. that SubColours Octave Diver RE is doing quite good magic.

about KONG KING ReFill i bought: interesting, you know. but there are not that many presets or patches for KONG and just a few of them are purely synth.
so... ok, ok.

i wanted to get KONG ReFills with as many as possible synth patches but it looks like this is still a dream.
i want to have synth drums to make a full 192/24 export of songs. not using 44.1khz/24bit WAV samples.

but any way, i am quite satisfied with the purchase.

i shall do more in depth dive into this ReFills i bought.
atm i am not in the right mood.

again: about KONG KING... it has 50 presets for KONG. and not all of them are purely synth. just a few. let say 5-10 of them are purely synth. i am not sure right now.
but for that price it is okey.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

motuscott

23 Jun 2022

plaamook wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Your carpenter tool talk got this retired one all hot 'n shit
kerf, don't you know
offset me now

motuscott

23 Jun 2022

I recently broke out my retired lefty for ex girl friend kitchen window countertop install.
The world loves them some retired carpenter, so handy

motuscott

23 Jun 2022

And that's why I named my latest Refill "Ex girl friend kitchen window countertop install"
Snatch it up at $4.99

motuscott

23 Jun 2022

Not available at PropShop

motuscott

23 Jun 2022

Balsawood patchlist an insult to anyone who has owned Reason prior to v4

Jac459

23 Jun 2022

Rising Night Wave wrote:
23 Jun 2022
again: about KONG KING... it has 50 presets for KONG. and not all of them are purely synth. just a few. let say 5-10 of them are purely synth. i am not sure right now.
but for that price it is okey.
Thanks mate, very useful. Actually I was about to buy it because wondering how they did some of the sounds (listening to soundcloud demo). But now I guess the one I noticed are ...sampled... So not that interested.
Thanks again for your answer.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

plaamook

23 Jun 2022

motuscott wrote:
23 Jun 2022
plaamook wrote:
22 Jun 2022
Your carpenter tool talk got this retired one all hot 'n shit
kerf, don't you know
offset me now
Nothing like a tricked out kerf cut to get the saw dust blowing eh.

Or here.

plaamook

23 Jun 2022

Gotta drop 3/4 of a 2x6 35mm over 3m.
The other 1/4 has to split 5mm to nothing at the centre point and 15mm to nothing from the other direction. But I won’t kerf those. I’ll just cut the line w my shining new saw and chisel it out.

Or here.

• Information