What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
PhillipOrdonez

17 Jun 2023

Cables, adapters, and decksavers 😴

dvdrtldg

17 Jun 2023

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Jun 2023

Nice. You listen to a lot of cassettes?
Yeah. I’ve got masses of compilation tapes friends made me in the 80s. Remember when a compilation was the biggest show of affection you could give or get from a girl. My friend (who sadly died few years ago) made me 23 tapes all called On a Rainy Day. You never know what you’re going to get as they all look exactly the same :). Also had friends of friends who had friends who dj-ed in clubs in the early 90s and the tapes when round. Happy days.
I still buy the occasional cassette. The whole underground cassette label thing seems to have gone off the boil a bit in recent years, but there are still a lot of artists I really like who release a tape every now & then

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

NEW COMPUTER.
Seven and a half grand! Sheesh

miyaru

21 Jun 2023

rorystorm wrote:
21 Jun 2023
NEW COMPUTER.
What did you buy? A full blown Apple Pro or what LOL…….
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

DaveyG

21 Jun 2023

miyaru wrote:
21 Jun 2023
rorystorm wrote:
21 Jun 2023
NEW COMPUTER.
I think he might be confusing a new computer with a new car. At least, I hope he is. :shock:

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
21 Jun 2023
miyaru wrote:
21 Jun 2023

I think he might be confusing a new computer with a new car. At least, I hope he is. :shock:
Ha!

A dollar here is about 60 cents US. And you'd be lucky af to buy a new car for less than 30 thou. This was the equivalent of an 2nd hand car where the windows all work but the air conditioning smells a bit weird.

This is what I got

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/WKSPB5 ... Intel-Core

If yous are interested.

If anyone reading this lives in Aotearoa i highly recommend these guys, they're the real deal - the real, thick glasses, D&D, Eragon obsessed, speech impediment, awkward around women, are you the key master i am the gate keeper, nerd deal. They do excellent work.
Last edited by rorystorm on 21 Jun 2023, edited 2 times in total.

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

It was a toss up between that or the Behringer model 500 which is about the same price here. But you can't play assasins creed on a synthesizer and you know, Uli eats live puppies, so.....

miyaru

21 Jun 2023

Heavy specs, you can use it for years to come!!! I guess all these i9’s should be liquid cooled.

Have fun with your new “beast”!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

fullforce

21 Jun 2023

New 32 inch 2560 x 1440 monitor. Love it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

miyaru wrote:
21 Jun 2023
Heavy specs, you can use it for years to come!!! I guess all these i9’s should be liquid cooled.

Have fun with your new “beast”!!!!
:thumbup:

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

Apparently it comes with some kind of cooling thing made of bamboo? I guess that'll be using for when I'm hanging out on the beach in my cabana

Superology

25 Jun 2023

rorystorm wrote:
21 Jun 2023
NEW COMPUTER.
Congrats! It's awesome.

Rising Night Wave

26 Jun 2023

i just got Reason+ 3 month subscription for FREE with this code (if anyone will be interested): REVERB-REASONPLUS-90.

thank you so much Reason Studios and Reverb! you are great! thanks.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

26 Jun 2023

We've been going through a LOT of kit as of late, doing some spares/repairs fixeruppers and all going great.

Our recent purchases since last summer - mainly digging the hardware

Novation Peak
Novation Supernova (44 voice, rarity!)
Yamaha A5000 (to replace a our A3000 version)
Bluescsi boards (for scsi to SD cards, works superb in these old samplers!)
Akai S2000 (revamping then selling on)
Akai S3000XL (revamping then selling on)
Novation Nova x2 (1 to be serviced/repaired, the other for making presets on the road and then loading into the Supernova)
Behringer Odyssey
Behringer Neutron x2
Behringer Cat (incoming)
Maschine Jam (to go with Maschine Studio)
Native Instruments S49 Mk1, then sold it and bought spares/repairs S49 Mk2 for same price, fixed up quids in :D
Mindburner MIDI 10 (for using with the 7x Korg Volcas)
2x Behringer MX882s (for the Volcas)
Behringer Ultrapatch PX3000 (replaces crappy P48, noisy bag of bolts...)
Rack screws and fixings (big ass screws for the 14U)
Korg MS2000R
Novation KSRack
Casio CZ101 (spares repairs, fixed up looking sharp)
Vochlea Dubler (who doesnt like to spit beats)

Software:
Lush 2 (upgrade from v1)
Groove Agent 5 (grrr who posted that up for £29!)
Spectrasonics Stylus (legacy) for a steal
Puremagnetik subscription (for off the wall sound design toys, great fun!)

Selling (soon)
multiple Behringer MDX4600 compressors (4 channels) - going through the service benches
multiple Beheringer MX882 - going through the service benches
Novation Nova (to get the serviced unit back into the field)
Maschine Studio (as we've just serviced a 2nd unit, we're keeping one too)

look out for some new sound design packs, samples, presets coming your way.... no wonder we've been quiet on the forums....

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2023

Reason 12 upgrade

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2023

C212 Compressor & L36 Limiter
RX1200
Valley Plateau

crimsonwarlock

26 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jun 2023
RX1200
Valley Plateau
Nice. I was also thinking about that comp/limiter, but it'll have to wait for another sale.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
26 Jun 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jun 2023
RX1200
Valley Plateau
Nice. I was also thinking about that comp/limiter, but it'll have to wait for another sale.
It probably won't become a go-to of mine. But I thought it offered something different when I compared it to my other compressors. The limiter part of it especially could really squash/even out sounds in ways I hadn't heard before. I won't be using the limiter as a master limiter, but rather as a creative, sound shaping tool.
It looks good too. Price was a little high imo, even at the sales price.

crimsonwarlock

27 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
26 Jun 2023

It probably won't become a go-to of mine. But I thought it offered something different when I compared it to my other compressors. The limiter part of it especially could really squash/even out sounds in ways I hadn't heard before. I won't be using the limiter as a master limiter, but rather as a creative, sound shaping tool.
It looks good too. Price was a little high imo, even at the sales price.
I was looking at it for vocals, as it is a well known trick for vocals to chain a comp into a limiter. Close to what I do now, chaining a slow comp into a fast one. As for price, eks prices are pretty hefty to begin with tmo.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2023

€40 for the two at the charity shop this morning. Cleaned them up and oiled the necks. Screwed a bit on the truss rod and fixed the intonation and woohooo!!! The Squier is pretty cracked but that's punk as fuck.
Attachments
guitars.jpg
guitars.jpg (256.37 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Rising Night Wave

29 Jun 2023

i just got xiaomi pad 5. it's amazing! smooth, fast, not laggy, big, light, metal body and so on. very nice. i am more that satisfied.
the only thing is rom capacity = ti's only 128GB but okey i will have to do a regular backup on my computer. and the other thing is concerning storage space = it has no microsd slot. eh. lamers at xiaomi. but any way you can not have all the candies or all the features for this amount of money. any way it is best buy per price.

i got the last piece in the store. hehe. i bought it from my mobile operator.

damn this pad 5 was upgrading and updating for about 1+ hour damn from android v11 to android v13. with all apps.

i already occupied it with my music. 222 songs from my RNW library. hehe. all hi res audio.

i am thinking to also buy xiaomi buds 4 pro. but they are qite expensive. but as said on official site... they offer quite nice hi res audio quality.
i am also thinking to buy a BT keyboard with case and a pen and a portable powerbank - also for my phine.

any way i am more than happy.

aha. i almost forgot to write. damn this thing has amazing sound. damn boyiii. almost no need for second portable mobile speaker. really. it plays sound amazing!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

sublunar

29 Jun 2023

I'm primarily a guitarist but have wanted to become at least "decent" at drums since like always (partially just because I grew tired of having to rely on other people just to make the music I want to make). I've owned a crappy acoustic kit for many years but was rarely motivated to use it because drums are loud as hell..and when I'm (most likely) annoying everyone in the house with my (sh!tty) playing/practicing, it makes me really self-conscious to the point it's just not really much fun to even bother with it.

A couple years ago I bought Superior Drummer 3 and that made a huge improvement in the quality of drums in my songs. But there was always a lot of modifying/re-writing drum MIDI via mouse and keyboard and that is far more tedious than it is "fun" and the results were always inevitably kind of robotic. I knew the solution was an e-drum kit but having played one before, I also knew that the rubber headed ones wouldn't cut it, so I was going to need to spend a bit to get one with mesh heads.

I FINALLY caved (a few months ago now) and got the best kit I could afford (to finance [at 0% interest] ): The Alesis Strike Pro SE.

This thing is exactly what I've been missing all these years. It's actually fun to play the drums now because I can adjust the volume/use headphones so no-one else can hear. No more being distracted by feeling self-conscious about my sh!tty playing. AND I can now play the exact virtual set that I meticulously built within Superior Drummer. I bought a Mackie Thump 15" speaker to go with it, but I still haven't even used it yet because I've been so happy with this kit through SD3 (inside Reason). I've already "learned" a few of my own songs and then re-written/recorded the drum parts via this kit and...damn. Feels good man!

It's so much easier to practice with an edrum, too, because MIDI. If there's a groove I like in SD3 (or anywhere for that matter), I can throw the MIDI into Reason and play right along while having a visual cue for the various hits.

Anyway, that's a lot of text but I just thought I'd rave about my favorite new toy. If you're looking for a good e-drum kit, I've got several months of use with this thing and I highly recommend it.

fullforce

30 Jun 2023

A breadroll that gave me a stomach ache and the shits. And it had spices on it. I could tell that it was THAT breadroll coming out. Never ordering there again.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DaveyG

30 Jun 2023

fullforce wrote:
30 Jun 2023
A breadroll that gave me a stomach ache and the shits. And it had spices on it. I could tell that it was THAT breadroll coming out. Never ordering there again.
You should have bought a drum set instead.

dvdrtldg

30 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
30 Jun 2023
fullforce wrote:
30 Jun 2023
You should have bought a drum set instead.
Nope. I once ate a drum set, never again

• Information