What did you just buy yourself?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2024

Bought my third udu drum a couple of weeks ago. It's almost like a small collection now. :puf_smile: I really like them. This one is called Udu Utar.

jam-s

25 Apr 2024

As they seem to be quite the right thing for my tiny home studio in the basement I got myself a pair of these for my birthday:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmtm/

mimidancer

26 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
03 May 2022
ASM Hydrasynth - doing my first live performance with it this weekend @ Mt Skies in Black Mountain NC (if anyone is local come say hi!).
I really love my hydrasynth. I have the desktop version. but it's mounted in a rack. I see this post is a few years old. First I hope your gig went well. But I'd like to know how you feel about the hydra today. I use mine often even when not using sounds from it. I love the clock out. Between that and the DFAM It keeps my rack in time. also a great gate sequencer and its flexible lfos are awesome. do you patch with yours? Do you add anything in the chain to tame the harshness of its filters? when I use it i like to put ART or Mello Fi behind the signal. You are probably a control freak and just do it with eq. Sometimes I like easy. Easy is ART and Mello Fi.

avasopht
Competition Winner

Today

Okay, so I've made a lot of purchases in the last few months, and I'm embarrassed to say what I did afterwards.

First I got a Mac Mini a few months ago (roughly). I got it because I borked my portable desktop with some bad decisions. Besides, it had WiFi issues.

I got a nice gaming desk for said Mac Mini.

I got two monitors for it (and a Thunderbolt dock).

I bought a DI box (it was a quick hack to use the cables I already had). Then I bought the cables a few days later. And I bought an Audiobox Go (for my non-music machine that was gifted with the speakers I used to use for music).

Side note: I also bought a Canon 5D Mark IV for, I dunno, some educational videos I'll never record.

Oh, ... and I bought a pair of Genelec 8030s (plus some excellent speaker stands).

Thankfully I could apply restraint when it came to getting a digital piano.

But I've done sod all with them.

Oh yeah, ... I also subscribed to Reason+ for a year. I don't think I bought Logic Pro, ... maybe it was just a trial.

The Genelecs arrived in early March (roughly when I subscribed to R+).

Yesterday was the first evening I sat down and made music since February.

I have done a little songwriting, but that was just on my MPC in standalone mode.

I dunno. Maybe I'm afraid that now I've got all the things I used to tell myself would bring me to the next level, I'll still make the same level of music. And this will confirm it.

DaveyG

Today

I've just bought Synthesizer V.
https://dreamtonics.com/synthesizerv/
I've been playing with the free version for some time but I wanted more control and the new ARA extension.
It's pretty good, easily the best in its field (for now). Not as good as a decent vocalist but decent vocalists can be hard to find, especially when you get older and your pool of "helpers" diminishes due to age, illness and other commitments.

(BTW, anyone who makes music on a Mac and doesn't buy Logic is, frankly, a crazy, kettle-boiling-over, banana tree loon who is knitting with only one needle. We love you Freddie..) :D

• Information