That thieving guy

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Jagwah

25 Mar 2022

In the interest of not promoting ruthless criminals, if we don't mention the guy's name hopefully we can continue and not be robbed of our conversations.

I heard there was no response by Props in regards to the matter. They managed to already upload another video, albeit a good but short one. Maybe this will be one of those unmentionables.

Someone said they understood the situation, but found his content useful. I don't think the guy deserves an audience because of his terrible actions and attitude, but that also seems unrealistic. If only he was remorseful and even apologetic, he obviously has skills that others can benefit from.

It reminds me of a car racing video game, where one guy is dominating and wins every race with ease, but if you get close to him he will break the rules and push you off the road.

I'm really against locking threads, even in that particular instance it would be useful for people to easily see what happened after it was discovered, the attitude and total disregard for the community and even common decency, instead of the lock letting it fall down into the abyss, but at the same time I agree with the sentiment this time.
Last edited by Jagwah on 25 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

25 Mar 2022

My thread just got ripped?

I wonder if eXode is aware that this guy supposedly has been handing out his products for follows?

Is this all some big misunderstanding or has something gone massively wrong over at Reason HQ?

jam-s

25 Mar 2022

As can be read in the now locked old thread Exode was/is aware and tired to contact him about it.

Billy+

25 Mar 2022

jam-s wrote:
25 Mar 2022
As can be read in the now locked old thread Exode was/is aware and tired to contact him about it.
So was this actually happening for real?

I don't do social media so it's not on my radar...

Jagwah

25 Mar 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Mar 2022
My thread just got ripped?

I wonder if eXode is aware that this guy supposedly has been handing out his products for follows?

Is this all some big misunderstanding or has something gone massively wrong over at Reason HQ?
It actually disappeared, I commented on it then there was some kind of nuclear explosion, wow.

Probably a good idea not to mention his name or post any links etc.

Some comments in the locked thread were deleted too.

@Admin I mean no malice toward you guys, I get these things are complicated.

Aquila

25 Mar 2022

we really need to up our comment game on their social media videos, call the person out

Billy+

25 Mar 2022

I've just gone back to first post and started reading, it looks like he was bundling a lot of 3rd party products for resale....

Why would Reason Studios have anything to do with this behaviour - it's crazy

NoisiaTHX

25 Mar 2022

As already written in the old thread.

There are already comments about it on Facebook and Youtube.
It is clearly pointed out.

Unfortunately, some linked evidence here in the forum has now been deleted.

EnochLight

25 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Just to repost something here.

The following image was something that the person in question posted HIMSELF on a PUBLIC social platform. It should NOT have been censored by the RT admins.

277084489_2091523694349201_8340770170087484954_n.jpg
To be frank, we're tired of dealing with this or "promoting" [THIEF'S NAME] because every time someone makes a thread about [THAT THIEF], Google picks it up when crawling our forum and gives him free ad space. We locked the other thread because we don't want to accidentally "promote" [SAID THIEF] and we prohibit discussing wares anyway.

Anyway, moved this thread to the Kitchen for now. I'm not happy about [SAID THIEF] being a talking head for Reason Studios either (I've said as much in the actual YouTube thread and posted links to the original locked thread where [SAID THIEF] even bragged about selling Refills he had bought, so that's about the extent of my SJW work today.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

nickb523
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
25 Mar 2022

To be frank, we're tired of dealing with this or "promoting" [THIEF'S NAME] because every time someone makes a thread about [THAT THIEF], Google picks it up when crawling our forum and gives him free ad space. We locked the other thread because we don't want to accidentally "promote" [SAID THIEF] and we prohibit discussing wares anyway.

Anyway, moved this thread to the Kitchen for now. I'm not happy about [SAID THIEF] being a talking head for Reason Studios either (I've said as much in the actual YouTube thread and posted links to the original locked thread where [SAID THIEF] even bragged about selling Refills he had bought, so that's about the extent of my SJW work today.
That is fair Enoch. I agree on the promo part but had several people DM me saying stuff was being censored.

And JFTR.... I can't be bothered either, but here we are!

Dude deserves to be called out just like Skelton was.

I've said my piece so I'm out. :)

nickb523
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

Just had this from an admin.
Screenshot 2022-03-25 230608.png
Screenshot 2022-03-25 230608.png (46.06 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

You are censoring publicly posted content from social media with no direct links to anything. Why is this?

EnochLight

25 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022

You are censoring publicly posted content from social media with no direct links to anything. Why is this?
I'd reach out to Loque in a PM - no clue why he sent you that. But that said, "publicly posted content" describes every torrrent file ever shared via torrents, ever. Not that you posted a torrent to warez, but our forum rules do forbid posting stuff about that.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

nickb523
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
25 Mar 2022

I'd reach out to Loque in a PM - no clue why he sent you that.
With respect... and back on the "I ain't got time for this shit" tip...

You guys sort it out as you made him an admin.

Honestly guys, please have a chat and get your shit together! :)

EnochLight

25 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022
With respect... and back on the "I ain't got time for this shit" tip...

You guys sort it out as you made him an admin.

Honestly guys, please have a chat and get your shit together! :)
LOL - dude, I don't really care to get involved - I was just being polite.

If you got issues with a mod's decision, take it up with that mod.

NoisiaTHX

25 Mar 2022

better?
Mod note: No, it wasn't much better. But I edited the photo further, and now it's better (name of the bundle was still showing). ~challism
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (843.26 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Last edited by NoisiaTHX on 25 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

25 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022

Ok, this is not a friendly reminder anymore.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500911

Follow the rules, guys. This thread is on a thin line already.
Reason12, Win10

nickb523
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

EnochLight wrote:
25 Mar 2022

LOL - dude, I don't really care to get involved - I was just being polite.
No worries man. I'm not looking for a fight but the point still stands. :)

All this is a bit of a PITA that I really don't have time for.... but it is what it is. :shrugs:

nickb523
RE Developer

25 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022

Can you please point out the specific rule that has been broken by republishing a publicly posted social media tweet/comment/post? (also in public please)

Thanks! :)

Aquila

25 Mar 2022

NoisiaTHX wrote:
25 Mar 2022
There are already comments about it on Facebook and Youtube.
It is clearly pointed out.
The more the merrier?

Loque

25 Mar 2022

nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022
Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022

Can you please point out the specific rule that has been broken by republishing a publicly posted social media tweet/comment/post? (also in public please)

SOunds like you never had read them? Its about time. Here, just for you:
No posts about hacking, cracking or warez.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

25 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022
In the 'original' thread I posted a link to one of RS latest videos along with a few gifs and it was deleted. This is a bit confusing. I doubt Props are going to remove their video so it's possible users at any point could post about and reference that video like I did...

Jagwah

26 Mar 2022

Maybe not worthy of an admin response, been getting a bit of that lately. Couldn't be more over it.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022
nickb523 wrote:
25 Mar 2022

The problem is locking the thread buries the issue. That thread does not promote hacking, cracking or warez, but your policy promotes false equivalence where disavowing and calling out those who do promote it are equally to blame. :clap: . And with the threads like that being locked it can't be necro'd the next time he or anyone who needs calling out on something, in order to help people remember or even learn of and understand the complaints being levelled against them. At least then people can make up their own minds as to whether the criticism is justified, unwarranted, or some grey area in between.

Unlike that other similar pirateTube scenario that was mentioned in the YT comment, AFAIK, this thief never apologised for it or showed any indication of embarrassment or learning from it, so it's absolutely reasonable he should be called out on it, and Reason Studios should be called out on it for using him as an influencer. You don't reward bad behaviour by hiding the bad behaviour, and hiding it effectively promotes him by omission. Blocking that discussion and moving any other discussion of it like this thread to a hidden forum (why the Kitchen even needs to be hidden remains baffling) that can't be viewed without a login, should be used as a rare, last resort, not the go-to method to save moderators from actually making an effort to, you know, moderate, rather than blindly dictate and shut things down because anything that requires an ounce of consideration and nuance is just too much of a damn hassle.
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 26 Mar 2022, edited 3 times in total.

nickb523
RE Developer

26 Mar 2022

Loque wrote:
25 Mar 2022
My post and the image was absolutely not promoting or endorsing hacking, cracking or warez in any way shape or form. So don't try and twist things like I'm the bad guy here. In fact, that image was posted on this forum almost 2 years ago and it's sat there quite happily until people started talking about the guy again. You are defending and censoring evidence of criminal behaviour that 110% absolutely deserves to be called out.

If only you had been around as a mod back when Skelton was outed. If you had, Softphonics would probably still be in business releasing regular products because you would have deleted all the evidence of his wrongdoing and locked down any discourse.

I'm just totally perplexed by the censorship but it's ultimately not up to me to "fight the good fight" so I'm done with it. If you guys end up with an eco-system full of crooked products then you brought it on yourselves.

Have a great day chaps! :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2022

Hej,aren’t Zampled also rip off merchants

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7512789&hilit=Zampled

yet RS continues to sell their stuff?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... c-strings/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information