If you can't have an opinion....what's the point?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Southgate

02 Oct 2021

Had this thread locked...and another....didn't (I think) say anything out of place...or untrue....

I have had it....

Cheers....

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2021

It might be less about what you said, and more about where the discussion is likely to lead.

Things have been getting crazy lately (mostly because of the issues you mentioned).

This place is generally pretty okay and critique is welcomed (and you will find some critique from the mods if you look around).

So it's nothing to do with not being able to have an opinion.

Also, there might have been a toxic post that you didn't see before it was locked.

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Oct 2021

Southgate wrote:
02 Oct 2021
Had this thread locked...and another....didn't (I think) say anything out of place...or untrue....

I have had it....

Cheers....
The "Transport weirdness.." thread was probably locked because the bug was already being discussed in at least two other threads. No need to have a dedicated thread for that. The bug is confirmed and RS promised to fix it in the next update.

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2021

Southgate wrote:
02 Oct 2021

I have had it....

Cheers....
You are correct, you didn’t do anything out of place or against the rules - there are many reasons to lock threads BTW.
I’m not sure I see the connection between a thread being locked (for the reasons already mentioned) and being allowed/not allowed to have an opinion. I would possibly see your point if the thread was removed but locked threads are still visible to all (so your opinion is still being shared).
Did you not receive a notice about why the thread was locked? Apologies if not!!
Selig Audio, LLC

Southgate

02 Oct 2021

no I didn't.....

...But after 20 years of using the software and updating constantly and even reading and listening to yourself (thank you)....they have (RS) and (RT) pissed me right off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happy at all! Thanks for the good times... but delete my RT account. I am done! Also...won't be updating further to reason updates unless free....I am so angry.....

• Information