McCartney 3,2,1

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Aosta

24 Jul 2021

Just watched this excellent mini series with Rick Rubin and Paul McCartney reviewing some of his music and his life with the Beatles and after.
Really fascinating to get into the production side of his music.

Tend the flame

Creativemind

24 Jul 2021

Looks fantastic. Will be watching that.

Not sure what Hulu is though, a kind of alternative to Netflix is it?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Aosta

24 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Yes, just a subscription streaming service thingy, I'm sure it will become available on other services and other ways of watching it.
It is six 30 minute episodes. It gave me even more appreciation of what an incredible song writer and musician he is as well as the other members, he is so humble and down to earth too.
Tend the flame

Creativemind

25 Jul 2021

Aosta wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Yes, just a subscription streaming service thingy, I'm sure it will become available on other services and other ways of watching it.
It is six 30 minute episodes. It gave me even more appreciation of what an incredible song writer and musician he is as well as the other members, he is so humble and down to earth too.
Yeah he's such a humble down to earth guy and yeah, a genius songwriter. He and John Lennon wrote 180 songs for The Beatles in 8 years. Incredible.

There was an interesting interview Sir Paul did beginning of this year think it was for the BBC interviewed by Idris Elba that was good.

I thought it might be on You Tube but it isn't. Look it up. Found this clip of it though:-

And found this on You Tube too looks interesting.

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dvdrtldg

25 Jul 2021

McCartney is amazing. I've heard so many interviews with him over the years, and every single interview he gets asked the same questions - "So, what was it like in the Beatles?" "How did you feel when John died?" etc etc - and he's been asked those same questions for 50 years. And yet he talks about that stuff with the same generosity and engagement and enthusiasm as if it had all just happened last week

You really get the sense that he still jumps out of bed every morning and says to himself "Oh boy! I was in the Beatles!!!" and can't believe how lucky he is. And he's quite upfront about all the fame and the money - doesn't try to pretend he's just a regular bloke, he's aware of what extraordinary circumstances he's in, and he's aware that the Beatles were a historically unprecedented global artistic & commercial phenomenon - but at the end of the day, what gets him off is that they were his band, and they could really fucking play. It really is all about the music for him, which is pretty impressive

Aosta

25 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
25 Jul 2021
McCartney is amazing.
He really is!
Here is a concert he did in 2018, nearly 2 1/2 hours...and at the age of 79! Yes 79 years old! :shock:
I honestly believe if it wasn't for covid he would have toured again.

Tend the flame

littlejam

26 Jul 2021

hello,

that concert was amazing
at 2:11:30 the last song played gets going
and has 3 guitars jamming independently together

and the hey jude outro chorus by the crowd

i watched mostly the beatles stuff and the wings songs

here is carpool karaoke with paul and james

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Jagwah

30 Jul 2021

How could anyone not love the guy, love listening to him talk about things these days.

Dabbler

30 Jul 2021

So the story of how they daisy chained the EQ on Nowhere Man.
How is that possible without total distortion in the high end?
Seems like it would be so searing you'd hate it.

challism

30 Jul 2021

Thanks for sharing. I absolutely love this man. <3 He is such an amazing human. Not just for his contributions to the world of music, but also for his overall attitude. He is such a genuinely kind person. I can't even imaging being a Beatle and having lived the life he has lived; it would certainly be easy to become jaded and scornful toward the public. But he has always been accessible and cheerful in the public eye. Gotta respect that. I know I wouldn't be able to pull it off as well as he has done. I can barely be cheerful and polite online sometimes.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2021

Paul McCartney is one of the greatest!

I really like most of his stuff, some of the best songs of the Beatles are from him and John Lennon, though you can feel the starting motor was many times Paul.

But yeah, he's a gentleman. I've seen a lot of videos with him, and the ones I like more are the ones where he talks about songwriting, his process, how the songs "came to him" and how he would develop them with Lennon. It's really nice to learn the craft with others and he's done some of that.

His carpool karaoke is one of the best, imho!

To the OP, thanks for the share. I hope this appears in Netflix or something because we don't have Hulu here in Portugal.

• Information