Anyone else trying to lose weight?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
fullforce

04 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
04 Aug 2021
He'll just come back with a new account and an attitude.
He's not this phasys guy is he? If he is, I'm very afraid.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

04 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Not quite.

Your body needs micronutrients on a daily basis. If you're getting the "bulk" of your nutrition from nutritionally deficient sources (empty calories), one of two things will happen:
1. You will crave food with much more intensity (and if your body isn't trained on healthy foods, it will crave it from what you know, which could be chocolates, burgers, or chalk)
2. You will suffer from the effects of malnutrition (this could be depression, lack of energy, erectile dysfunction, weak immune system, hair loss, etc.)

Also, foods high in sugar mess with your body (e.g. insulin response), increase your cravings and can reduce the amount of fat you burn. At the same time, nutritionally sparse foods still have to be processed, leaving fewer resources available to consume the nutrients your body needs even if you do eat them.

Paradoxically, fat consumption reduces appetite and increases metabolism.

In moderation, it should be okay, but if eaten on a daily basis, you will notice the hit.

But eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore. A few minor tweaks and a little experimentation can get you healthy food that tastes delicious, is filling, is quick to prepare and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
What I'm doing is exchanging shit like potatoes, bread, pasta, for other things. Such as grapefruits. Or fish. I really like herrings so i ate a herring this morning for breakfast (with onion and pickle) instead of bread. I've been doing stuff like that for over 6 months and well, it certainly works. For a snack I eat half a banana, and the other half 4 or 5 hours later. Lunch? No bread. Salad or some fried fish, or chickenbreast. And just a few bites, not gorge myself like I used to, eating 2 big hotdog sandwiches or the equivalent. It really does fucking matter what you eat. Or don't eat. Glad that asshole is gone. And I'm not fat, you hear me!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2021

The difficult part is to eat when you’re hungry and not when you’re bored.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdwardKiy

04 Aug 2021

fullforce wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Glad that asshole is gone.
Ouch. EnochLight already gave a warning in this very thread and already banned a person for this very reason. Let's see how far backwards he can bend to not ban you too.

I mean... eating herring, pickles and onions without a jacket potato and a slap of sour cream... I'd rather be fat.

EnochLight

04 Aug 2021

Well, to be fair - the person I banned was acting as such. But yeah - for the last time, let's please refrain from ad hominem name calling and personal attacks, shall we? I get that we can all be reactionary (gods know I can LOL!) but I'd like everyone to just take a breath before they mash their keys. Thanks
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EdwardKiy

04 Aug 2021

EnochLight wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Well, to be fair - the person I banned was acting as such. But yeah - for the last time, let's please refrain from ad hominem name calling and personal attacks, shall we? I get that we can all be reactionary (gods know I can LOL!) but I'd like everyone to just take a breath before they mash their keys. Thanks
oh nononono, there has already BEEN a last time. You've banned a person. Your two options are to ban both or unban the last one. The two good options, that is.

EnochLight

04 Aug 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Your two options are to ban both or unban the last one. The two good options, that is.
I have plenty of good options - one of which is to say: keep this thread on topic. I really couldn't care less about someone I just banned for ignoring forum rules and literally asking to be banned by doing so repeatedly (for the record, the user I just banned was issued a formal warning before I banned them - this is something that is not visible to other forum members). I do care about the people who remain, and for their sake I'll say it again - keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EdwardKiy

04 Aug 2021

* MODERATOR EDITED TO KEEP THINGS ON TOPIC AS INSTRUCTED *

On the topic of weight loss:
You lose weight through caloric deficit. Burn more than you eat.

If you don't have issues with glucose tolerance, you can eat absolutely anything, just remember that lower quality foods (processed) put a higher strain on your detox organs - liver, spleen, the whole of the lymphatic system, the kidneys, lungs and the skin. But by all means, you should treat yourself now and then.

If you don't want to burn more - eat less.

Intermittent fasting is highly beneficial to overall health, as well as being more effective for losing weight than any other diet (especially for people with hormonal imbalances, diabetes included, but mind you, any type of fasting with diabetes can only be done under a very tight glycemic control).
https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/8/10/1645

Here's the official NHS weight-loss plan, which has anything you might need - a BMI calculator, a caloric calculator and a week-by-week exercise program, as well as general information on the matter.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-we ... loss-plan/

splangie

04 Aug 2021

No. At 6'2" - 197 lbs. and active, I need lots of food.
Dinner -
IMG_7815_reduced.jpg
IMG_7815_reduced.jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 839 times

fullforce

05 Aug 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
04 Aug 2021
fullforce wrote:
04 Aug 2021
Glad that asshole is gone.
Ouch. EnochLight already gave a warning in this very thread and already banned a person for this very reason. Let's see how far backwards he can bend to not ban you too.

I mean... eating herring, pickles and onions without a jacket potato and a slap of sour cream... I'd rather be fat.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

motuscott

05 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
04 Aug 2021
But eating healthy doesn't have to be a chore. A few minor tweaks and a little experimentation can get you healthy food that tastes delicious, is filling, is quick to prepare and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Healthy food can taste good and be cheap but it does take more time than a drive thru, which can be a problem in today's fast paced world.
Not mine though, retired to a life of self indulgent musical wankery, the occasional kitchen disaster and long rides on my Reason Pony.
I've decided to name him Reaper.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information