The BUMP! thread.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 615
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 08 Apr 2022

MrFigg wrote:
08 Apr 2022
miyaru wrote:
08 Apr 2022


Sorry for that, but bump again!
Can’t get enough BoneyM in my opinion.
LOL :clap: :thumbup:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 2590
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Bajo del mar...

Post 10 Apr 2022

Man this place is dead at the mo
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 2286
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: 55°09'24.5"N 37°27'41.4"E

Post 10 Apr 2022

plaamook wrote:
10 Apr 2022
Man this place is dead at the mo
It needs a good bump to make it run

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Apr 2022

hello,

here is bumper pool


https://www.gametablesonline.com/images ... RY4-06.jpg

bump

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner
Posts: 4197
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 11 Apr 2022

plaamook wrote:
10 Apr 2022
Man this place is dead at the mo
There actually is some fun stuff going on, like the Oenkenstein Audio Rumblit Bit Crusher Song Competition.
But I guess most people rather write BUMP in a bump thread. :lol:

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 2590
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Bajo del mar...

Post 11 Apr 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 Apr 2022
plaamook wrote:
10 Apr 2022
Man this place is dead at the mo
There actually is some fun stuff going on, like the Oenkenstein Audio Rumblit Bit Crusher Song Competition.
But I guess most people rather write BUMP in a bump thread. :lol:
Technically I didn’t write bump. But I see your point.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

User avatar
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner
Posts: 4197
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 11 Apr 2022

plaamook wrote:
11 Apr 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 Apr 2022

There actually is some fun stuff going on, like the Oenkenstein Audio Rumblit Bit Crusher Song Competition.
But I guess most people rather write BUMP in a bump thread. :lol:
Technically I didn’t write bump. But I see your point.
And technically I didn't say YOU wrote bump either. :lol:

Anyway you should join us in the Rumblit Challenge. So far it's only me and Popey. Would love to see some more engagement there. It's during song challenges that RT really comes alive imo.

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 615
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 11 Apr 2022

I’ll bump ya all, little bumpers is what ya all is!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 2590
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Bajo del mar...

Post 11 Apr 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
11 Apr 2022
plaamook wrote:
11 Apr 2022


Technically I didn’t write bump. But I see your point.
And technically I didn't say YOU wrote bump either. :lol:

Anyway you should join us in the Rumblit Challenge. So far it's only me and Popey. Would love to see some more engagement there. It's during song challenges that RT really comes alive imo.
I’d love to but I’m on a job at the mo.
Thanks though. Maybe after if it’s still running
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 11 Apr 2022

hello,

bumpity bumpity sat on a wall
bumpity bumpity had a great fall
and all the people and all the kingsmen working at
couldn't get their bumpity bumpity working again at all

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9106
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 25 Apr 2022

Sound of me falling down out of sheer exhaustion. Bump.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 30 Apr 2022

hello,

BUMP day!

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9106
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Jun 2022

B***!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9106
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Jul 2022

Aye, that time again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobC
Posts: 1797
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 27 Jul 2022

It depends, sometimes, people miss a topic. I know I do miss out on a lot! I rather just check "New posts" and that's it. What's not there, is gone.

Sometimes a title fails to begin with, other times there's insufficient info in the description.

When I add follow-up information, sometimes only THEN do people start interacting. You absolutely CAN break the ice, especially if you really are curious and passionate about a topic.

There are great topics, that just get buried. For example, I would have loved to discuss and compare experiences with people about the Audio-Technica ATH-E70, but there was no apparent interest right away, and I couldn't add much to my review, so I didn't "Bump" that. Actually, I never bumped anything, I didn't have anything useful to add, or thought that it would indeed seem like bumping a topic.

That said, this mocking thread might discourage people from bumping interesting topics, which... well, I think sucks. : P
Heck, sometimes even I comment on an interesting, yet empty topic, to try to get it going - and see where it goes.

I mean, I get your point, but I get a little bit of this "trying to be cool - by saying that something is not cool" vibe, which is counterproductive and brings nothing useful.

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9106
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Jul 2022

RobC wrote:
27 Jul 2022
I mean, I get your point, but I get a little bit of this "trying to be cool - by saying that something is not cool" vibe, which is counterproductive and brings nothing useful.
Are you trying to be cool just now?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobC
Posts: 1797
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 27 Jul 2022

MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2022
RobC wrote:
27 Jul 2022
I mean, I get your point, but I get a little bit of this "trying to be cool - by saying that something is not cool" vibe, which is counterproductive and brings nothing useful.
Are you trying to be cool just now?
: D Well, ha! But no.

But you get my point, that not all bump is bad.

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2022

hello,

i'm trying to be cool, too

can i BUMP?

i go to parties sometimes until 4
it's hard to leave when you can't find the door

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9106
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Jul 2022

RobC wrote:
27 Jul 2022
MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2022


Are you trying to be cool just now?
: D Well, ha! But no.

But you get my point, that not all bump is bad.
I know. Why do you think this thread has so many bumps? Come and join us down here :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4622
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 27 Jul 2022

And the award for taking this thread way too seriously goes to....... RobC!
RobC wrote:
27 Jul 2022
It depends, sometimes, people miss a topic. I know I do miss out on a lot! I rather just check "New posts" and that's it. What's not there, is gone.

Sometimes a title fails to begin with, other times there's insufficient info in the description.

When I add follow-up information, sometimes only THEN do people start interacting. You absolutely CAN break the ice, especially if you really are curious and passionate about a topic.

There are great topics, that just get buried. For example, I would have loved to discuss and compare experiences with people about the Audio-Technica ATH-E70, but there was no apparent interest right away, and I couldn't add much to my review, so I didn't "Bump" that. Actually, I never bumped anything, I didn't have anything useful to add, or thought that it would indeed seem like bumping a topic.

That said, this mocking thread might discourage people from bumping interesting topics, which... well, I think sucks. : P
Heck, sometimes even I comment on an interesting, yet empty topic, to try to get it going - and see where it goes.

I mean, I get your point, but I get a little bit of this "trying to be cool - by saying that something is not cool" vibe, which is counterproductive and brings nothing useful.
And yes, this thread is stupid as hell and brings absolutely nothing useful to the forum. I think that's the point.

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3004
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 27 Jul 2022

Here, have some gory detail on the bumpers:

RobC
Posts: 1797
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 28 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
And the award for taking this thread way too seriously goes to....... RobC!
Nah, I was more chill in my follow-up comment/reply already. : P

Though I figured it would make people pop and humm and hiss and strike a chord and overdrive and so on... : )

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4622
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 28 Jul 2022

RobC wrote:
28 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
27 Jul 2022
And the award for taking this thread way too seriously goes to....... RobC!
Nah, I was more chill in my follow-up comment/reply already. : P

Though I figured it would make people pop and humm and hiss and strike a chord and overdrive and so on... : )
So just trying to inspire some music with the humming and hissing and striking of an overdriven chord. Gotcha.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

RobC
Posts: 1797
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 28 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
28 Jul 2022
So just trying to inspire some music with the humming and hissing and striking of an overdriven chord. Gotcha.
Not exactly, I just wanted a series of musical/nerdy puns, regarding how I felt, that people might react to my unpopular opinion. : )

Anyways, I'm still on the side that people should bump (a good topic) ~ otherwise there will be no babies (fruitful discussions)! - Mo' punz.

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1500
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 28 Jul 2022

Which one is worse, bumping a topic or creating a new one every time?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest