The UFO Thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
EdwardKiy
Banned user
Posts: 760
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 01 Jun 2021

bigfoot is blurry.png




You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Banned user
Posts: 760
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 02 Jun 2021

mars.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 04 Jun 2021

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/p ... tagon.html

Image
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1664
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 04 Jun 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
04 Jun 2021
WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/p ... tagon.html

Image
Image

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 04 Jun 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
04 Jun 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
04 Jun 2021
WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/p ... tagon.html

Image
Image
Image
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3909
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 04 Jun 2021

omg GandALF! 😂
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1664
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 04 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jun 2021
omg GandALF! 😂
IKR???....lol :lol:

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1701
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 06 Jun 2021


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 06 Jun 2021

I wish that was 100% the case.

Oreo makes ‘offering’ to aliens ahead of US intelligence declassifying its UFO secrets

Image



https://www.thedrum.com/news/2021/06/03 ... fo-secrets
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1772
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 16 Jun 2021

I'm guessing I missed the 10% off deal...
You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1665
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jun 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
23 May 2021
My Dad says silly things that he thinks are zingers like "why do these things only appear to the Yanks" etc. To me these are weak arguments that are just appeals to an inherent normalcy bias
To be fair to your dad, "Why do these things only appear to the Yanks" is not an argument but a question, and a very good one. Why DO these things only appear to the Yanks? My answer would have something to do with the high percentage of paranoid credulous idiots among the population, also the fact that half the country is medicated out of its mind on weapons grade pharmaceuticals

Tiny Montgomery
Posts: 257
Joined: 22 Apr 2020

Post 18 Jun 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Jun 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
23 May 2021
My Dad says silly things that he thinks are zingers like "why do these things only appear to the Yanks" etc. To me these are weak arguments that are just appeals to an inherent normalcy bias
To be fair to your dad, "Why do these things only appear to the Yanks" is not an argument but a question, and a very good one. Why DO these things only appear to the Yanks? My answer would have something to do with the high percentage of paranoid credulous idiots among the population, also the fact that half the country is medicated out of its mind on weapons grade pharmaceuticals
It's not a good question because whatever you think of the topic the reports come from all over the world with an uptick of reported sightings from pilots in Europe during the second world war. His question betrays the US centric cultural view of many people in the UK. And it is an argument, because it would be a good one if it were in any way true but it's not.

It is logically correct not to automatically assume UAP / UFO equals visitors from another planet, this is proper scepticism based on available facts. However the previous official position was there is no "there" there. That has now gone and the hypothesis of "it's all mistaken identity or manifestation of mental illness" is, I'm afraid, no longer available to you.

It's interesting how Reddit sceptics will pose as the sensible voice of reason while you litter your speech with unsupportable assertions like "high percentage of paranoid credulous idiots" & "half the country is medicated out of it's mind". Do you have sources for those?

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jun 2021

Image

Navy pilots, including their ATFLIR and other recording devices, are all medicated out of their minds.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1595
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 22 Jun 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Interesting footage of a new weapon/rocket drive/engine. Looks rather like a military show off/experiment and not like aliens to me. Or it could also be a kind of focused light projection into the clouds (to troll or some kind of art joke like the monoliths that popped up not that long ago). Or it could also have been ball lightning.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2021

jam-s wrote:
22 Jun 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Interesting footage of a new weapon/rocket drive/engine. Looks rather like a military show off/experiment and not like aliens to me. Or it could also be a kind of focused light projection into the clouds (to troll or some kind of art joke like the monoliths that popped up not that long ago). Or it could also have been ball lightning.
A new weapon/rocket drive/engine tested above Mexico City? I'll give the Mexican military a little bit more respect for their professionalism. And why share with the world, allies and enemies, your strategic superiority live on TikTok?

Also I don't know what alien tech is supposed to look like. I did notice the "alien tech" is always on par with the witness' observation of their time period. From a giant ball of fire in the 1700s, to a flying saucer with airplane like windows, put together with rivets, in the late 1800/1900..
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jun 2021



Maybe not.

Update:

WASHINGTON — The government still has no explanation for nearly all of the scores of unidentified aerial phenomena reported over almost two decades and investigated by a Pentagon task force, according to a report released on Friday, a result that is likely to fuel theories of otherworldly visitations.

A total of 143 reports gathered since 2004 remain unexplained, the document released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said. Of those, 21 reports of unknown phenomena, involving 18 episodes, possibly demonstrate technological capabilities that are unknown to the United States: objects moving without observable propulsion or with rapid acceleration that is believed to be beyond the capabilities of Russia, China or other terrestrial nations.

There is no evidence that any of the episodes involve secret American weapons programs, unknown technology from Russia or China or extraterrestrial visitations. But the government report did not rule out those explanations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/us/p ... eport.html

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/document ... 210625.pdf
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 3042
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill

Post 26 Jun 2021

Wow, you guys have really gotten off of the main topic. It clearly reads The LFO Thread. It's been fun, but please get back on topic, now, as it's very disrespectful to the OP. Thank you. ;) (my attempt at British humor)
EdwardKiy wrote:
01 Jun 2021

Speaking of humor; I love Mitch Hedberg. RIP. He was a comic genius. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times when I was working at the FunnyBone in Boise and Giggle Comedy Club in Seattle. He was one of the nicest stars I've ever met. He was a legend. He would just get up there with his eyes closed and do his thing; never the same show twice. I remember one night he was asking the audience what musical bands they liked, and somebody yelled out The Beatles. To which he replied something to the effect that there have been songs recorded since The Beatles. It was hilarious the way he said it, and just totally off the cuff, too. He was the biggest rock n roll comic since Bill Hicks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1537
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
26 Jun 2021

Speaking of humor; I love Mitch Hedberg. RIP. He was a comic genius. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times when I was working at the FunnyBone in Boise and Giggle Comedy Club in Seattle. He was one of the nicest stars I've ever met. He was a legend. He would just get up there with his eyes closed and do his thing; never the same show twice. I remember one night he was asking the audience what musical bands they liked, and somebody yelled out The Beatles. To which he replied something to the effect that there have been songs recorded since The Beatles. It was hilarious the way he said it, and just totally off the cuff, too. He was the biggest rock n roll comic since Bill Hicks.
Coolest thing I've read on this forum in a long time :clap:

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jun 2021



Image
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2634
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests