Anybody got COVID-vaccinated yet?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Tiny Montgomery
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2020

Post 24 Mar 2021

avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Lol, the way you say that like it's ok and normal. You do you though buddy.
China. Japan.
I already said I thought mask wearing through personal choice was fine, it is a frequent sight in London with cyclists, tourists etc and my son lived in South Korea where it's common on city streets.

Hoping that mask wearing becomes a 'trend' is completely different. Although I see now Joey was speaking to a particular point about being stigmatized for wearing a mask when he felt the need in the past and hoping this would now change and on that I can agree.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2866
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Mar 2021

plaamook wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I think humans have proved we can normalise anything so...
Like spreading diseases instead of wearing a mask? :sick: ;)
---

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Mar 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
24 Mar 2021
avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2021


China. Japan.
I already said I thought mask wearing through personal choice was fine, it is a frequent sight in London with cyclists, tourists etc and my son lived in South Korea where it's common on city streets.

Hoping that mask wearing becomes a 'trend' is completely different. Although I see now Joey was speaking to a particular point about being stigmatized for wearing a mask when he felt the need in the past and hoping this would now change and on that I can agree.
Yeah, sorry "trend" may have been the wrong word. Maybe "not uncommon and weird to see someone in the US wear a mask"...that's all I meant. Seeing it more often is ok.

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1904
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 24 Mar 2021

avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2021
plaamook wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I think humans have proved we can normalise anything so...
Like spreading diseases instead of wearing a mask? :sick: ;)
I was thinking of eating sea cucumbers but ok. Yeah. That too.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Mar 2021

In the next episode, we will talk about condoms and your freedom to choose to not use them...

Tiny Montgomery
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2020

Post 24 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
24 Mar 2021


I already said I thought mask wearing through personal choice was fine, it is a frequent sight in London with cyclists, tourists etc and my son lived in South Korea where it's common on city streets.

Hoping that mask wearing becomes a 'trend' is completely different. Although I see now Joey was speaking to a particular point about being stigmatized for wearing a mask when he felt the need in the past and hoping this would now change and on that I can agree.
Yeah, sorry "trend" may have been the wrong word. Maybe "not uncommon and weird to see someone in the US wear a mask"...that's all I meant. Seeing it more often is ok.
Yeah ngl I did think you mean like a fashion trend, very relieved you didn't lol

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3228
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Mar 2021

I think we should be offered a test to see if we've got antibodies naturally as what's the point of having a vaccine if you don't get seriously ill from exposure.

During the last few months we've heard that 1 in 3 people are symptom free so their bodies don't need a vaccine and we still haven't seen any evidence that vaccinated people can't spread covid. I get the need to protect the vulnerable but I am against blindly injecting everybody.

As for masks I'm all for it as a personal choice, this year has seen the lowest flu deaths so it makes sense to advise the vulnerable to wear masks.

I would also like to see hospitals using the new uv machines to clean as it provides a much better solution than cleaning staff when it comes to non visible contagions it's just a shame that it's took a pandemic to educate.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Mar 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
24 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2021


Yeah, sorry "trend" may have been the wrong word. Maybe "not uncommon and weird to see someone in the US wear a mask"...that's all I meant. Seeing it more often is ok.
Yeah ngl I did think you mean like a fashion trend, very relieved you didn't lol
Well I like it as a fashion trend too! Lol. Got some to match my hats. I definitely like wearing them in the winter. Keeps my face warm!

Tiny Montgomery
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2020

Post 24 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
24 Mar 2021


Yeah ngl I did think you mean like a fashion trend, very relieved you didn't lol
Well I like it as a fashion trend too! Lol. Got some to match my hats. I definitely like wearing them in the winter. Keeps my face warm!
If it's a personal choice in service to your own comfort, warmth, health or just to add a dandyish flourish to your outfit then that's fine with me dude.

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1904
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 24 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2021
In the next episode, we will talk about condoms and your freedom to choose to not use them...
Could make it mandatory.
Worked in China. 😎
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1904
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 24 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I definitely like wearing them in the winter. Keeps my face warm!
It’ll hit 35c here in the sunny south of Spain by summer.
Seriously, I’m wondering how I’m gonna deal w that.
Thus far the only way I’ve found to withstand that sort of climate is to spend 3 hrs a day under water.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2866
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021
During the last few months we've heard that 1 in 3 people are symptom free so their bodies don't need a vaccine and we still haven't seen any evidence that vaccinated people can't spread covid. I get the need to protect the vulnerable but I am against blindly injecting everybody.
If the vaccine reduces symptoms (which it does), then it definitely reduces the spread (because if you're reducing symptoms like sneezing and other things that spread the virus, then reducing symptoms should also reduce spread).

And no, there's nothing blind about injecting everybody. This recommendation is the result of lots of analysis, not just random guesses or whatnot.

Here's a report on testing for immunity from last year: Forbes (Jul 24, 2020) - A New Test May Show Whether Your Immune System Can Neutralize The Coronavirus.

Notable quote from the article:
Forbes (Jul 24, 2020) - A New Test May Show Whether Your Immune System Can Neutralize The Coronavirus wrote:...

One way is to try to understand how much of the population is immune to the virus, and how long that immunity lasts. This could help us understand both whether a vaccine might be effective in the long run, and also whether solutions such as immunity passports might be a viable option.

Unfortunately, not one test can currently give us any assurance of that. We know from related coronaviruses, such as those which cause the common cold, that immunity is often very short-lived, and people can be reinfected with the same virus.
...
---

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3228
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 24 Mar 2021

avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2021

If the vaccine reduces symptoms (which it does), then it definitely reduces the spread (because if you're reducing symptoms like sneezing and other things that spread the virus, then reducing symptoms should also reduce spread).

And no, there's nothing blind about injecting everybody. This recommendation is the result of lots of analysis, not just random guesses or whatnot.
Before we / you get into this don't think for one minute that I'm some anti nut job conspiracy theory looney.

But the fact that vaccines for covid and flu only reduces symptoms and the potential for serious illness it doesn't actually stop its transmission.

However that wasn't my main point from my post nor is it my position that you should in any way be against it, I am just say I personally would prefer to know if I have been exposed and if I have then my immune system response doesn't need a vaccine injection to boost its response as I wouldn't call my last sickness period serious or in anyway a concern.

Yes I've had a cough and yes I've had flu like symptoms (which I've never had before) and yes as a precaution I isolated but other than feeling tired for a few days and a bit breathless for about a week at no point did I feel that I needed medical intervention.

Either way I will get the vaccine because it's the right thing to do, I would just like to know if I've had it and for those that had no symptoms I personally think that they should have a choice and not be shamed into it or persecuted for not (vaccine passports) - but don't get me started on people who think it's some right to holiday abroad given the circumstances.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Using Reason since version 1 is R11 going to be my final version :shock:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 969
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 01 Apr 2021

I got my 2nd shot on Tuesday, arm hurt within half hour, hard to lift it, a few shooting pains in my hand.

Weds was queasy and very tired. Ibuprofen helped a bit, as did finally having dinner.

Thurs I feel fine.

Get the shot if you can. It beats a ventilator.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

BigPictureSound
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Jun 2019

Post 01 Apr 2021

fullforce wrote:
15 Mar 2021
DaveyG wrote:
15 Mar 2021


At present Europe-wide they are talking about 37 instances of blood clots amongst 17 millions AZ vaccinations and most of those 37 cases were not fatal. I can't help but think that many more people will die as a result of delaying vaccination.
That's exactly what they want you to think.
Exactly. Couldn’t possibly be that they pulled it because vaccine mortality and injury has rocketed exponentially in 2021 than in the last ten years.

But you won’t hear that from the MSM.

BigPictureSound
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Jun 2019

Post 01 Apr 2021

avasopht wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021
During the last few months we've heard that 1 in 3 people are symptom free so their bodies don't need a vaccine and we still haven't seen any evidence that vaccinated people can't spread covid. I get the need to protect the vulnerable but I am against blindly injecting everybody.
If the vaccine reduces symptoms (which it does), then it definitely reduces the spread (because if you're reducing symptoms like sneezing and other things that spread the virus, then reducing symptoms should also reduce spread).

And no, there's nothing blind about injecting everybody. This recommendation is the result of lots of analysis, not just random guesses or whatnot.

Here's a report on testing for immunity from last year: Forbes (Jul 24, 2020) - A New Test May Show Whether Your Immune System Can Neutralize The Coronavirus.

Notable quote from the article:
Forbes (Jul 24, 2020) - A New Test May Show Whether Your Immune System Can Neutralize The Coronavirus wrote:...

One way is to try to understand how much of the population is immune to the virus, and how long that immunity lasts. This could help us understand both whether a vaccine might be effective in the long run, and also whether solutions such as immunity passports might be a viable option.

Unfortunately, not one test can currently give us any assurance of that. We know from related coronaviruses, such as those which cause the common cold, that immunity is often very short-lived, and people can be reinfected with the same virus.
...

Last year the CDC also said masks don’t work, and two weeks to slow the spread.

Hard science is not the same as statistic driven analysis.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

The CDC and many others just didn't know how to handle the situation with masks. It was pretty bad.

First they didn't want people running out and buying up all the medical grade masks. Then when they suggested masks, including cloth and self-made masks, they didn't want people thinking that wearing a mask meant they could go about things as normal. That's why there was so much back and forth and confusion.

Of course masks help to prevent or slow the spread. Telling people that masks don't work would be like telling them to not cover their cough or sneeze—to not sneeze or cough into their arms. But of course doing those things helps better than not. I don't think we need a study to understand that putting material over your face helps.

I don't know how it has been in other countries, but people here in the US are just stubborn and selfish. Everything is about the individual. People only care about the statistics of whether or not they themselves wearing a mask prevents them from getting covid in the most dangerous environments. Many people here don't think about wearing a mask to protect others.

BigPictureSound
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Jun 2019

Post 02 Apr 2021

Then by admission the CDC demonstrated it will lie to serve special interest, and not the average person like you or myself. Their institution literally exists to “monitor” disease transmission, and we all saw them fail at the most basic level. What makes them reliable now?

But that’s a moot point- I know personally of one individual that died from a lung infection due to chronic mask wearing, and nothing to do with C19. It’s a known fact that masks can theoretically help- to a point, but chronic use and especially recycling previously worn articles greatly reduce the bodies ability to function. What elderly or at-risk person do you know that changes their mask every few hours?

The problem is not people being selfish, the problem is others inserting themselves in between others and their medical needs. Courtesy is a two way street, and where one can call it selfish to not always wear a suffocating mask, another could call it selfish to demand 99.8% of the population stay home so .2% who might be affected can go out.

But I digress, 2 years of this now, with year after year deaths from 2019 to 2020 being actually lower than usual (due to less general fatalities), and people are still losing their minds.

We all say that every life matters or at least that’s the reason for the lockdowns and mask mandates, but what about those dying from the vaccine after being pressured all over MSM and social media to take it? What about their lives? Do they not matter? Or do only some lives matter?

Anyways, these are tough ethical questions and we’re at a precipice where we are all figuring things out. I study numbers and I a no longer worried, but I can understand why others might be and I respect that.

At the very least, the most critical juncture in human history demands many voices of people like us, not the MSM and 1 representative from CDC with a specific narrative. Science by nature demands debate, but discussion has been outlawed by social media.

What is happening to all of us is very wrong.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2866
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

BigPictureSound wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Then by admission the CDC demonstrated it will lie to serve special interest, and not the average person like you or myself. Their institution literally exists to “monitor” disease transmission, and we all saw them fail at the most basic level. What makes them reliable now?

But that’s a moot point- I know personally of one individual that died from a lung infection due to chronic mask wearing, and nothing to do with C19. It’s a known fact that masks can theoretically help- to a point, but chronic use and especially recycling previously worn articles greatly reduce the bodies ability to function. What elderly or at-risk person do you know that changes their mask every few hours?

The problem is not people being selfish, the problem is others inserting themselves in between others and their medical needs. Courtesy is a two way street, and where one can call it selfish to not always wear a suffocating mask, another could call it selfish to demand 99.8% of the population stay home so .2% who might be affected can go out.

But I digress, 2 years of this now, with year after year deaths from 2019 to 2020 being actually lower than usual (due to less general fatalities), and people are still losing their minds.

We all say that every life matters or at least that’s the reason for the lockdowns and mask mandates, but what about those dying from the vaccine after being pressured all over MSM and social media to take it? What about their lives? Do they not matter? Or do only some lives matter?

Anyways, these are tough ethical questions and we’re at a precipice where we are all figuring things out. I study numbers and I a no longer worried, but I can understand why others might be and I respect that.

At the very least, the most critical juncture in human history demands many voices of people like us, not the MSM and 1 representative from CDC with a specific narrative. Science by nature demands debate, but discussion has been outlawed by social media.

What is happening to all of us is very wrong.
There's too much nonsense in this to dignify any further response than to point it out for others 🤦🏾‍♂️
---

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Apr 2021

avasopht wrote:
02 Apr 2021
BigPictureSound wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Then by admission the CDC demonstrated it will lie to serve special interest, and not the average person like you or myself. Their institution literally exists to “monitor” disease transmission, and we all saw them fail at the most basic level. What makes them reliable now?

But that’s a moot point- I know personally of one individual that died from a lung infection due to chronic mask wearing, and nothing to do with C19. It’s a known fact that masks can theoretically help- to a point, but chronic use and especially recycling previously worn articles greatly reduce the bodies ability to function. What elderly or at-risk person do you know that changes their mask every few hours?

The problem is not people being selfish, the problem is others inserting themselves in between others and their medical needs. Courtesy is a two way street, and where one can call it selfish to not always wear a suffocating mask, another could call it selfish to demand 99.8% of the population stay home so .2% who might be affected can go out.

But I digress, 2 years of this now, with year after year deaths from 2019 to 2020 being actually lower than usual (due to less general fatalities), and people are still losing their minds.

We all say that every life matters or at least that’s the reason for the lockdowns and mask mandates, but what about those dying from the vaccine after being pressured all over MSM and social media to take it? What about their lives? Do they not matter? Or do only some lives matter?

Anyways, these are tough ethical questions and we’re at a precipice where we are all figuring things out. I study numbers and I a no longer worried, but I can understand why others might be and I respect that.

At the very least, the most critical juncture in human history demands many voices of people like us, not the MSM and 1 representative from CDC with a specific narrative. Science by nature demands debate, but discussion has been outlawed by social media.

What is happening to all of us is very wrong.
There's too much nonsense in this to dignify any further response than to point it out for others 🤦🏾‍♂️
I don’t normally comment on these threads but I totally agree with you avasopht. What a lot of nonsense. Seriously!!!
丰2ॐ

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1904
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 03 Apr 2021

BigPictureSound wrote:
02 Apr 2021
But I digress, 2 years of this now, with year after year deaths from 2019 to 2020 being actually lower than usual (due to less general fatalities), and people are still losing their minds.
And then there's this...

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04- ... -rose.html

It's more nuanced obvs but...
'The rate of excess deaths—or deaths above the number that would be expected based on averages from the previous five years—is usually consistent, fluctuating 1% to 2% from year to year, said Steven Woolf, M.D., the study's lead author and director emeritus of VCU's Center on Society and Health. From March 1, 2020, to Jan. 2, 2021, excess deaths rose a staggering 22.9% nationally, fueled by COVID-19 and deaths from other causes, with regions experiencing surges at different times.'

This was an american study. Doesn't include the Eu (and UK, which is still part of the Eu...I dont' care what anyones says!!!)
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

BigPictureSound
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Jun 2019

Post 03 Apr 2021

The very fact that a well articulated idea is met with insults and slander and not thoughtful debate is precisely why I hold my position. I see few who are able to think critically outside the narrative bubble without getting emotional. Emotions have no place in scientific debate.

Total average deaths is much different than "excess deaths", another narrative phrase that can be massaged in any way. Total average deaths was lower in 2020 than 2019.

Do we really believe the big tech & pharma partnership have your best interest in mind?

BigPictureSound
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Jun 2019

Post 03 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2021
avasopht wrote:
02 Apr 2021


There's too much nonsense in this to dignify any further response than to point it out for others 🤦🏾‍♂️
I don’t normally comment on these threads but I totally agree with you avasopht. What a lot of nonsense. Seriously!!!
Neither do I, but this echo chamber is deafening. I knew I'd probably get ganged up on, especially here, but I was raised to speak up, however unpopular. When I see scientific debate shut down using shame, tactics I am emboldened.

Now go make some awesome music :).

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7253
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Apr 2021

BigPictureSound wrote:
03 Apr 2021
I knew I'd probably get ganged up on, especially here,
“Especially here” ? Care to elucidate.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2866
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 03 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Apr 2021
BigPictureSound wrote:
03 Apr 2021
I knew I'd probably get ganged up on, especially here,
“Especially here” ? Care to elucidate.
They're just being antagonistic. I wouldn't pay them any attention.
---

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest