other forums - to post your music

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

22 Nov 2020

hi all.

where do you post your music creations besides here at reasontalk forum?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Zac

22 Nov 2020

Since getting an elektron model:cycles, I've posted stuff using that at elektronauts. Most music there is hardware based though so don't know how useful that is to you?

Rising Night Wave

22 Nov 2020

well it is not since i only use reason.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2020

Zac wrote: ↑
22 Nov 2020
Since getting an elektron model:cycles, I've posted stuff using that at elektronauts. Most music there is hardware based though so don't know how useful that is to you?
Hello fellow elektronaut!

Zac

23 Nov 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
22 Nov 2020
22 Nov 2020
Hello fellow elektronaut!
Greetings πŸ‘ I really like it there 😊

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

Discord.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

Auryn

24 Nov 2020

I think your best bet would be genre-specific fora, like for example Psynews for psytrance/psychill, or Subsekt for techno. There are probably many more, but I don't know them.
diminished wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2020
Discord.
could you explain to a social media dinosaur how to use this? I mean, i have used it before as a kind of private chatroom with a collaborator, but I don know how to use it socially
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2020

Auryn wrote: ↑
24 Nov 2020
could you explain to a social media dinosaur how to use this? I mean, i have used it before as a kind of private chatroom with a collaborator, but I don know how to use it socially
It's the same with any community really. You build relationships, help people, give feedback, chat about stuff. The missing piece in your knowledge about Discord might be that there are are plenty of very vibrant music production communities. Many of these so called servers have designated channels ("chat rooms") within them to post your music in, some have elaborate feedback systems in place.
Think of Discord as a very colorful and young IRC-like place. It's less about the platform itself, but about which communities grew in there.
One thing to keep in mind - but that's true for any community - you get what you give. People who just dump their stuff on others without interacting with the community are, at best, just noise. Worst case straight up unwelcomed.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

Auryn

24 Nov 2020

diminished wrote: ↑
24 Nov 2020
It's the same with any community really. You build relationships, help people, give feedback, chat about stuff. The missing piece in your knowledge about Discord might be that there are are plenty of very vibrant music production communities. Many of these so called servers have designated channels ("chat rooms") within them to post your music in, some have elaborate feedback systems in place.
Think of Discord as a very colorful and young IRC-like place. It's less about the platform itself, but about which communities grew in there.
One thing to keep in mind - but that's true for any community - you get what you give. People who just dump their stuff on others without interacting with the community are, at best, just noise. Worst case straight up unwelcomed.
Thanks for the info. Interaction is key in any community. I'm always happy to listen to other people's music, but I do find I need to be in the right mindspace to offer constructive criticism. It's a shame the reason music forum here is a bit quiet on that front.

so how would you navigate to one of these discord music production communities?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Reasonable man

25 Nov 2020

Have to admit i never venture into the music thread at all . Probably been in there 4 or 5 times in 4 years . I think time is the main factor ... but if i'm honest ...indifference is the other .something i can't fully explain. Maybe if i'm on a certain buzz or train of thought, i've found that it really dosn't help me (personally) getting distracted by.... or involved in other people's working tracks.

Mostly i don't feel people really wants or needs my 'advice' anyway and they will be just fine without it. Too much production..not enough music...too much muic not enough production .. i guess it depends on the genre..also deep down i think people already know that answer anyway..just takes time and patience to get that right.

I guess most people probably use a privacy restriction or whatever on their soundcloud account for the purpose of posting on the forum which is good . cause ..maybe its just me but soundcloud is probably the last place/domain i'd ever want to introduce new music to the world on....not if i ever wanted to have the slimist chance of making a return on it!

Rising Night Wave

28 Nov 2020

ok. i created account at reddit, posted 3 posts and... cca 60 plays. am... a ya yay ya yay. :(
buuu

:thumbs_down:

adfielding

28 Nov 2020

22 Nov 2020
Since getting an elektron model:cycles, I've posted stuff using that at elektronauts.
I keep meaning to get more involved over there since I picked up an Analog Heat, it seems like a really friendly forum in general.

Zac

28 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2020
22 Nov 2020
Since getting an elektron model:cycles, I've posted stuff using that at elektronauts.
I keep meaning to get more involved over there since I picked up an Analog Heat, it seems like a really friendly forum in general.
Since getting an interest in hardware I find it very helpful and friendly. Someone gifted me a blackfriday voucher yesterday πŸ™‚

• Information