A nod to M-Audio

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
DaveyG

03 Jun 2020

I'd just like to give a smile and a nod to M-Audio for support beyond the norm.

I've just dug out my old MIDISport 2x2 MIDI interface that I bought at least 20 years ago. Back then the company was called Midiman rather than M-Audio. More in hope than expectation I went to the M-Audio support site to see if there were any drivers that would work on 64-bit Windows 10 and, yes, this lil' old interface with its yukky green-yellow paint job and its built-like-a-tank steel case is still supported. Top support. :thumbs_up:

NDKay

03 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I've just dug out my old MIDISport 2x2 MIDI interface that I bought at least 20 years ago. Back then the company was called Midiman rather than M-Audio. More in hope than expectation I went to the M-Audio support site to see if there were any drivers that would work on 64-bit Windows 10 and, yes, this lil' old interface with its yukky green-yellow paint job and its built-like-a-tank steel case is still supported. Top support. :thumbs_up:
Satirical you could say its BECAUSE it is so old that they have some drivers for it.
Like its from a time when product support did matter for the company. XD
(thinkin of the never debugged sync-Problems with the TFP :roll: )
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

jlgrimes

04 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I have an old Motu midi interface I bought back in 2003. Motu still makes drivers for it (although its been awhile since their last update) and their midi ports seems more stable than my Focusrite Scarletts midi ports (which is a brand new interface).

DaveyG

04 Jun 2020

jlgrimes wrote:
04 Jun 2020
DaveyG wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I have an old Motu midi interface I bought back in 2003. Motu still makes drivers for it (although its been awhile since their last update) and their midi ports seems more stable than my Focusrite Scarletts midi ports (which is a brand new interface).
You should start a thread and call it "a nod to MOTU". We're quick to complain about stuff but not so quick to appreciate it when it goes well. :D

visheshl

04 Jun 2020

I had an m-audio keystation 49, i didn't know then that that was what i needed, because the knobs of all my other controllers have always malfunctioned and i always needed a keyboard without controls to at least play the notes, but then i thought it had no controls and it was basically useless so i gave it away to some musician, i wish i had it now, my akai controller keeps sending random midi CCs, i just want a keyboard so that i can play....i wish i had the m audio keystation

• Information