How to start programming REs ?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
visheshl

29 May 2020

So i did the tutorial on RE creation, i made a simple RE in which a lamp goes on off, so i think im ok with creating basic UI etc, but im not
Sure how to proceed now, id like to learn more.

What id like to know is is there an online resource or course to learn how to program things like filters, envelopes etc.

If someone could tell me how to generate a sine wave etc ?
Id like to start by building simple stuff like say a mute button RE, takes input sends to output with a mute switch

Murf
RE Developer

29 May 2020

Try these:

Series on how to Program some simple filters in the Vult Language (can be compiled into C++ and used in RE)

Check out the Examples in the Reason SDK, the "SimpleInstrument" shows how to do a RE with sine waves etc

If that is too hard core for you, then basically you need to read in the Audio in and Write to Audio out, then loop over the audio buffer each time RenderBatch is called, cand do something inside the loop (like make white noise)

EG:

declare this in .h header:
TJBox_ObjectRef *fAudioOutObjectRef;

put this in RenderBatch in .cpp
//Check to see if audio out is plugged in
TJBox_Value audioOutputConnectedValue = JBox_LoadMOMPropertyByTag(*fAudioOutObjectRef, kJBox_AudioOutputConnected);
TJBox_Bool audioOutputConnected = JBox_GetBoolean(audioOutputConnectedValue);
if (audioOutputConnected) {
TJBox_AudioSample audioOutBuffer[64];
for (size_t i = 0; i < 64; i++) {
audioOutBuffer = (rand() % 1000) / 1000.0;
}
//Output the buffer
TJBox_Value audioAudioOutValue = JBox_LoadMOMPropertyByTag(*fAudioOutObjectRef, kJBox_AudioOutputBuffer);
JBox_SetDSPBufferData(audioAudioOutValue, 0, 64, audioOutBuffer);
}

pongasoft
RE Developer

29 May 2020

visheshl wrote:
29 May 2020
So i did the tutorial on RE creation, i made a simple RE in which a lamp goes on off, so i think im ok with creating basic UI etc, but im not
Sure how to proceed now, id like to learn more.

What id like to know is is there an online resource or course to learn how to program things like filters, envelopes etc.

If someone could tell me how to generate a sine wave etc ?
Id like to start by building simple stuff like say a mute button RE, takes input sends to output with a mute switch
All my REs are open source. You can check the code on github (https://github.com/pongasoft). In particular if you take a look at the A/B switch https://github.com/pongasoft/re-ab-switch, it is the "simplest" I wrote since it routes 2 inputs into an output based on a switch, which is pretty close to your "mute" switch concept (just ignore the CV part which does the same for CV).

visheshl

29 May 2020

Thank you so so much, i will take a look, i wanted something exactly like this, thank you ♥️♥️♥️

• Information