Did Avicii use any wavetable synthesis for Levels? or any of his other big hits

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
samsome

28 May 2020

Did Avicii use any wavetable synthesis for Levels? or any of his other big hits

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

Doesn't sound like he used wavetable synthesis on Levels to me. But who knows. He could still have used a wavetable synth without modulating any wavetable. It's pretty impossible to tell.

Here's a link to stuff he used.

https://equipboard.com/pros/avicii

samsome

28 May 2020

so which big songs use wavetable synthesis......can be of any famous artists?...if you can tell me a particular moment wavetable synthesis is being used in a particular song?.....

any big artist such as Alan Walker or Calvin harris......

Loque

28 May 2020

How can i be famous and create hits?
Reason12, Win10

Seckin

28 May 2020

Dear Samsome, the questions you keep asking all the time are the wrong questions, IMHO. You're looking at music the wrong way.

What kind of synth Avicii or any other famous artist used has nothing to do with how you should make music.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

Ulpu

28 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 May 2020
Doesn't sound like he used wavetable synthesis on Levels to me. But who knows. He could still have used a wavetable synth without modulating any wavetable. It's pretty impossible to tell.

Here's a link to stuff he used.

https://equipboard.com/pros/avicii
What!? No Serum!?! :shock: :o :o :shock:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

Seckin wrote:
28 May 2020
Dear Samsome, the questions you keep asking all the time are the wrong questions, IMHO. You're looking at music the wrong way.

What kind of synth Avicii or any other famous artist used has nothing to do with how you should make music.
I have to say I agree. I think you (samsome) are overthinking things. You really don't need to know everything about every piece of gear/synth in order to make great music. You'll learn way more just trying stuff out for yourself. Get your hands dirty. You have subtractive, wavetable, granular already in Reason. Just mess around with those for a while and pretty soon you'll figure out what kind of sounds they make.

PhillipOrdonez

28 May 2020

Seckin wrote:
28 May 2020

I actually think he's a troll.

Loque

28 May 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 May 2020
Seckin wrote:
28 May 2020

Yea, i thought that too from time to time...Nobody asks so stupid questions...
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

28 May 2020

Loque wrote:
28 May 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 May 2020

Yea, i thought that too from time to time...Nobody asks so stupid questions...
And so many of them... jeez!

@samsome Just open your ears and make some tunes. Learn an instrument helps, learn some theory helps a bit more but thats it. You have to figure out the secret sauce by yourself.

TheDragonborg

28 May 2020

Probably all presets lol

MannequinRaces

29 May 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 May 2020
Seckin wrote:
28 May 2020

If you look at his / her other posts I don't think they're a troll. Just somebody caught up in the technical side of things atm.

PhillipOrdonez

29 May 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
29 May 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 May 2020

If you look at his / her other posts I don't think they're a troll. Just somebody caught up in the technical side of things atm.
I have and they are all ridiculous questions which give off the vibe of: I'm not going to Google anything or try anything myself, I want them at the forum to do it all for me. He sounds like he wishes someone would make the music for him. It would be surprising to learn he did anything at all for himself. Not even thinking.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Avicii used a cracked Sylenth1. He also had Nexus, guessing it was also cracked... :twisted:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

modecca

29 May 2020

I did some digging and he uses lp 24 lpf at 8 oclock position 44 percent of the time and ladder bandpass 12 at 2 oclock position + resonance 11 oclock position 39 percent of the time.
One or 2 more steps and we have completely reverse engineered this dudes style.
🔗💥

• Information