Tekashi 69

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Jagwah

28 May 2020

In Youtube trending a few days ago I noticed Tekashi 69 has a new rap song video with what is now a quarter of a billion views. I thought this was enough to make a thread about, but he has another video called BEBE that now has over one billion views. There's another one with 860 million views and more.

If you like his music can you share your thoughts about it?

Anyone else have any thoughts about him? How much of it do you think is about his rainbow teeth and his cool pyjamas and 'booty' videos?

On Wikipedia it says he is a rapper and a musician, it also stated that he recently failed his high school equivalency test so I do wonder how much of his work is his own. Not that we need good high school grades to be musicians, it's just got me curious as to the apparent genius behind his billion view attracting video and others close to it.

There's also the outrageous charges involving a 13 year old girl that he was able to get away with making a plea deal, those charges are unbelievable, all can be seen in the Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6ix9ine

I feel like I'm getting tall poppy syndrome here. Thoughts?
Last edited by Jagwah on 28 May 2020, edited 3 times in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

He recently had $200,000 donation to a children’s charity rejected because of his previous charges.
https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.bbc.com ... a-52641661
I only know about him because I read the news. No idea how he sounds and truth be know I’m not even interested enough to find out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

28 May 2020

I know nothing about his music but I'm quite surprised he is still alive given that he grassed up his (ex) gang so publicly.
Mind you, he'll probably sell a even more records if they find him.

Jagwah

28 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2020
He recently had $200,000 donation to a children’s charity rejected because of his previous charges.
https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.bbc.com ... a-52641661
I only know about him because I read the news. No idea how he sounds and truth be know I’m not even interested enough to find out.
Interesting and very good of that charity - wealthy people can all too often throw a few crumbs out in the right way to manipulate public opinion.

I am mostly interested because of the incredible popularity, considering it surely some people here like it and can share some thoughts on it.

littlejam

28 May 2020

hello,

to be blunt, i think he'll be dead in a year for 'snitching'
and then going public on youtube defending himself is just adding fuel to the fire
in one of his videos he flashes his ankle monitor bracelet tracker thing

however, he states in this video that his friends were doing him dirty first
the video is long and doesn't get to the real meaning until half way through

in terms of his popularity
his videos have a very high production value (probably due to drug money)
he has created a crazy persona
he does songs with a-list artists

his lyrics i don't really care for
the music i like

and the simple minded ness of the younger generation just like flashy stuff

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

tt_lab

28 May 2020

I used to like his music a couple of years ago, for me he's yesterday's news now.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

I’m not often one to judge a book by its cover but he looks like a right wee prick.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

teddymcw

28 May 2020

Everything this kid and around this kid is figuratively the devil, I wouldn't give it any attention unless you are interested in seeing how attention whoring and character creation work to capture the mind's of today's kids. It is a masterclass in that for sure, complete with Death Row Recordsesque real murders, fed cases, storied nyc prison / street gangs. Tell your kids it's the devil, it really really is, then look away and don't give it any attention. Just my humble opinion : )

Loque

28 May 2020

Takeshi?
1LVEalq.gif
1LVEalq.gif (992.3 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Reason12, Win10

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

Yay Social Media
We get what we deserve. If Kanye can do what he did and we support it, this kid will push it harder. It is all about the self-accolade. He frightens me. Not from his strength, but from his weakness.

I'm going back to my Adam Ant records. He had talent and looked way sharper (not to mention less insane)
:-)

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Jagwah

28 May 2020

Thanks everyone for your input. Still can't get over that billion views.

littlejam wrote:
28 May 2020
...in terms of his popularity
his videos have a very high production value (probably due to drug money)
he has created a crazy persona
he does songs with a-list artists

his lyrics i don't really care for
the music i like

and the simple minded ness of the younger generation just like flashy stuff

cheers,

j
Good take on it thanks for sharing your thoughts.

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2020
I’m not often one to judge a book by its cover but he looks like a right wee prick.
Made me lol! :lol:

Benedict wrote:
28 May 2020
I'm going back to my Adam Ant records. He had talent and looked way sharper (not to mention less insane)
Good tune I enjoyed that will have to check out a bit more of this ant fellow :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Benedict wrote:
28 May 2020
Yay Social Media
We get what we deserve. If Kanye can do what he did and we support it, this kid will push it harder. It is all about the self-accolade. He frightens me. Not from his strength, but from his weakness.

Dirk Wears White Sox
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

29 May 2020

Did someone say Adam Ant was less insane???

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

The word is less. And I stand by that.
Like any truly creative person, Adam had his own path to walk, and sadly sometimes he wasn't a happy man.
That kid really does scare me tho as his thing is not creative, merely a social pathology in action.
It is that kind of thinking that leads to people have very unhappy lives - not to mention machine-gunning each other in the streets.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DaveyG

29 May 2020

Getting sectioned is a bit more than unhappy but we digress a little.

Our boy 69, or snitch9 to give him his new nickname, is just a product of age of youtube, social media and reality TV, where people become famous for being a caricature of themselves and where falseness rules. Somewhere on the Beeb news site there is an article about various ways lockdown is affecting people and one girl was absolutely devastated that she could not get her lip fillers topped up. That's devastated, not just a bit miffed. Imagine how she will react when something really bad happens!

"And the public gets what the public wants", to quote a certain Mod-ish bloke.

miscend

29 May 2020

I think he's a clown. The reason for the interest in him is that people enjoy watching others publicly making complete fools of themselves. The type of life he lives is unsustainable.

jam-s

29 May 2020

Not much to see here, just another

Last edited by jam-s on 11 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

WarStar

29 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 May 2020
Getting sectioned is a bit more than unhappy but we digress a little.

Our boy 69, or snitch9 to give him his new nickname, is just a product of age of youtube, social media and reality TV, where people become famous for being a caricature of themselves and where falseness rules. Somewhere on the Beeb news site there is an article about various ways lockdown is affecting people and one girl was absolutely devastated that she could not get her lip fillers topped up. That's devastated, not just a bit miffed. Imagine how she will react when something really bad happens!

"And the public gets what the public wants", to quote a certain Mod-ish bloke.
This right here...

I mean look at the guy.. if dying your hair in rainbow colors isn't a desperate attempt for attention I don't know what is.. he's capitalized on the "spectacle" of his image and persona.. his raps are trash too.. any worth while lyricist could out rap him under the table.. also if you know his background, he wasn't shit on the street.. he says give the middle finger to "clout chasing" when that's exactly what got him where he is.. he sought out his " gang affiliation" to further his career And thats it. Because if he was really from the street he would have never snitched.. he needs to go back to the suburbs where he'll be more comfortable and where his little white boy adolescent fans can drink some lean with him in his studio in the garage..

The industry just found a character to exploit and make money.. the hip hop world is chuck full of posers.. kinda reminds me of the hair band era of the 90s.. if you played at the Roxy you were almost guaranteed a record contract. Now if you can get some attention in NY or Atlanta as a hip hop artist you're guaranteed to get some looks..

Lokey

11 Jul 2020

It s give that savage vibe on mtv , fashion podiums and dubai malls

Édit : Technically not anymore on fashion podiums since its passed Dubaï Malls , or remixed with deep tech maybe
fl mobile

Lokey

13 Jul 2020

Its enhanced voice of ' house of pain' basically cant you hear the Scream ?
Lil smthing was onto that as well but for some reasons ,
Gap between trash métal and hip-hop ,
Very niche , but upward with the right team reach to mtv ( project was written way above to secure investmznts)
fl mobile

Hearbnb888

21 Aug 2020

Way better than the original

• Information