The R2R group announces they have cracked Reason 11...but then says they can't

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2598
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2020

I am stuck at home. This never ending thread is the perfect distraction/therapy since I can't shut the ambulance sirens going by off my mind :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9289
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 May 2020

To get back to the topic, i did not have seen any evidence it is cracked. Fact.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 9458
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 03 May 2020

bxbrkrz wrote:
03 May 2020
I am stuck at home. This never ending thread is the perfect distraction/therapy since I can't shut the ambulance sirens going by off my mind :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Ha, totally hear you! Here in NYC things are calming down a bit from last month, siren wise. It was pretty non-stop for a while and difficult not to imagine the pain and suffering with each new siren passing.
There IS a silver lining living in NYC - participating with our neighbors in the daily 7pm celebration for health care workers is particularly uplifting, especially as we're hearing more and more folks from other buildings around us join in over time. It's the one time each day the world feels "right" for a change, and the only real chance to feel connected with other humans in this new reality.
That said, we're moving to the country in CT in a week, and there were so many things we had planned to do one more time before we left, specifically visiting all of our favorite local restaurants one last time. Maybe in a year or so we can visit again and make that happen… ;(
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2598
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 03 May 2020

selig wrote:
03 May 2020
bxbrkrz wrote:
03 May 2020
I am stuck at home. This never ending thread is the perfect distraction/therapy since I can't shut the ambulance sirens going by off my mind :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Ha, totally hear you! Here in NYC things are calming down a bit from last month, siren wise. It was pretty non-stop for a while and difficult not to imagine the pain and suffering with each new siren passing.
There IS a silver lining living in NYC - participating with our neighbors in the daily 7pm celebration for health care workers is particularly uplifting, especially as we're hearing more and more folks from other buildings around us join in over time. It's the one time each day the world feels "right" for a change, and the only real chance to feel connected with other humans in this new reality.
That said, we're moving to the country in CT in a week, and there were so many things we had planned to do one more time before we left, specifically visiting all of our favorite local restaurants one last time. Maybe in a year or so we can visit again and make that happen… ;(
This is (simply) what I want to do in a few weeks:
#6 Train Last stop > BX12 > Orchard Beach (chill for a while) > walk through the wood > cross that bridge > Seafood City > enjoying the view outside, while eating my cheap giant paella.
Then I'll know everything is back to normal :puf_smile:
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
Seckin
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Location: Turkey

Post 03 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
To get back to the topic, i did not have seen any evidence it is cracked. Fact.
I did not see anyone saying they were going to provide any evidence.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9289
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 May 2020

Seckin wrote:
03 May 2020
Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
To get back to the topic, i did not have seen any evidence it is cracked. Fact.
I did not see anyone saying they were going to provide any evidence.
Exactly. Because there is no evidence. Its just a cracking group talking rubbish.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

DaveyG
Posts: 1189
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 03 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020

Exactly. Because there is no evidence. Its just a cracking group talking rubbish.
You're gonna believe what you're gonna believe. It does not make you right.

User avatar
ShelLuser
Posts: 331
Joined: 25 Aug 2019

Post 03 May 2020

The more attention you give the dweebs the more they thrive. At this point it doesn't even matter anymore if they're legit or just talking rubbish.

So Reason 11 got hacked? Congrats, here's a cookie (provided by Reasontalk.com, you'll find it somewhere in your browser). Now if you'll excuse me I got more important things to do :)
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Ableton Live (+ Push), Reason Rack Plugin and Maschine (+ the ultimate Komplete).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

sdst
Posts: 875
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 03 May 2020

I still don't figure out how the OP found this in the deep web

User avatar
Seckin
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Location: Turkey

Post 04 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
Seckin wrote:
03 May 2020


I did not see anyone saying they were going to provide any evidence.
Exactly. Because there is no evidence. Its just a cracking group talking rubbish.
OK, if you say so. I'm not going to defend some hack group for the sake of arguing against you.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

User avatar
Seckin
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Location: Turkey

Post 04 May 2020

sdst wrote:
03 May 2020
I still don't figure out how the OP found this in the deep web
You still don't figure out how the OP (me) found this in the "deep web"? With all due respect, I get it that you made the effort to figure it out, went to the link, examined how deep it was, did the brain-storming, did your investigations and yet ended up unable to get the grips with how it could be possible that someone could find that stuff so deep down the web that the only thing left to do was to come here and post this comment here to imply stuff about me? Yeah because I must be one of them, right?

It's called https://audiosex.pro/. It's an audio forum with all kinds of education threads on all aspects of music theory, jazz or whatever genre production, mixing/mastering, music collaboration threads, news about the industry, plugin threads, an individual thread for every single DAW, threads for selling/buying stuff among members and all those other aspects of audio production I can't think of right now. It has a less strict policy for those who want to talk piracy and I don't care. Maybe if you actually took the time to take a look before saying you still couldn't figure it out, you would know and you could even find something for your own taste in there.

And here is what "deep web" means, from wikipedia:

"The deep web, invisible web, or hidden web are parts of the World Wide Web whose contents are not indexed by standard web search-engines. The opposite term to the deep web is the "surface web", which is accessible to anyone/everyone using the Internet."
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

User avatar
Seckin
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 Apr 2016
Location: Turkey

Post 04 May 2020

selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Can I just step in and say something?
This thread is going to go on and on, back and forth, for a very long time. This is an old subject, and it always goes the same way.
Here's what I have observed, stating the obvious IMO: no one is going to change their mind. That's it. Doesn't matter what argument you make, those who think software theft is OK (for whatever reasons) will still think it's OK. Those who don't (for whatever reasons) will still think it's not OK.
We can keep doing this dance for 10, 20, 30, even 100 more pages and nothing is going to change.
So can I ask those who are going back and forth here to pause and consider their motives for posting on this subject? Because if you're hoping to make a point, you've probably already done that. And if you're hoping to change hearts and minds, you'll never do that.
So other than those options, what other motivation is there?

Carry on if you must, I'm not saying this has to end. I'm just asking to step back and take stock of what the end goal is here. And if there is none, then there MUST be other more useful and interesting subjects to share our opinions on in this forum, no?
Great point. The only reason I was continuing to post here is because I saw uninformed opinions by people rightfully opposing the issue of piracy, for the wrong reasons. The simple fact is piracy is bad and hurts developers and is illegal and that's why it should be opposed. But uninformed opinions such as "It's BS, they can't do it, it won't work, it will crash, it will rob your bank account, no evidence" does not help anyone because R2R is known to be a very serious group and if they say it's done, it's done. It's different than the previous times. So one must rather acknowledge that and get ready for the day Reason is going to get released by hackers, especially the Reason Studios because they are the ones that will be affected. We users will maybe only be emotionally affected and keep making our music. That's why the first thing I said while starting this thread was this:

"First of all, I'm only posting this so the Reason Studios sees this and gets informed (if they aren't already) and so does the community. "

But I guess there is no need to be talking about it any longer. Opinions are opinions and yes, there are way better things to talk about.

Edit: BTW thank you for the May Madness sale :D I'll be getting that Gain.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1008
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 05 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
To get back to the topic, i did not have seen any evidence it is cracked. Fact.
I woud not try tio install it even if they would pay me, if this was ever available, either way...
But I know just a bunch of people that would, and still tries with cracked versions o Reason 9..... :lol:

No matters how many times I suggested the it's just one single time licence buy.... they don't get it...

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2704
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2020

Well, it's been quite a civil discussion.

I get where Selig is coming from.

It's a shame because it is possible to learn something from a different point of view without having to change your own.

Sadly, you tend to end up with much more militant arguing than well spirited and open minded discussion.
---

EdGrip
Posts: 2218
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 05 May 2020

(Selig Gain has many more uses than you might think at first glance, and everyone should have it.)

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2598
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2020

Create an Everything Reason Studios with a rent-to-own option. Price should be less than what you pay for a Netflix sub. You already have that option for REs, why not for RS?
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

Proboscis
Posts: 1003
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 07 May 2020

selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Can I just step in and say something?
selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Carry on if you must, I'm not saying this has to end. I'm just asking to step back and take stock of what the end goal is here. And if there is none, then there MUST be other more useful and interesting subjects to share our opinions on in this forum, no?
Hmmm, controlling the narrative much ?

If this 'crack' is proven, to enable a pirated version of Reason, it's a major accomplishment.

Not because they have 'cracked Reason" , but that they have cracked Wibu.

Well worth ongoing discussion, without moderator suggestions that conversations be curbed.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9053
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 07 May 2020

Wibu holds hacker contests to see if anybody in the world can crack their technology. No winners yet. If somebody has done so and isn't in contact with Wibu:
  1. They didn't actually crack it.
  2. They are missing out on the attention and status they crave, all while complaining about not getting proper praise in obscure forums. See also [A] above.
  3. They aren't hacking for the betterment of software protection.

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 516
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 07 May 2020

Proboscis wrote:
07 May 2020
Not because they have 'cracked Reason" , but that they have cracked Wibu.

Well worth ongoing discussion, without moderator suggestions that conversations be curbed.
Maybe, but maybe not on this forum, and certainly not in this sub.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Proboscis
Posts: 1003
Joined: 28 Aug 2019

Post 07 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
07 May 2020
Wibu holds hacker contests to see if anybody in the world can crack their technology. No winners yet. If somebody has done so and isn't in contact with Wibu:
  1. They didn't actually crack it.
  2. They are missing out on the attention and status they crave, all while complaining about not getting proper praise in obscure forums. See also [A] above.
  3. They aren't hacking for the betterment of software protection.
The last time I checked, Wibu's previous hacker contests were launched at specific times, and for specific geo-regions. It's not an open offer to pay anyone, at any time. Wibu is not James Randi.

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 823
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 07 May 2020

Not cracked and not worth cracking. GarageBand is free. Plug-ins for the iPad are five dollars. You can now record an album on a phone. There is no incentive to crack Reason.

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 493
Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

Post 07 May 2020

selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Can I just step in and say something?
This thread is going to go on and on, back and forth, for a very long time. This is an old subject, and it always goes the same way.
Here's what I have observed, stating the obvious IMO: no one is going to change their mind. That's it. Doesn't matter what argument you make, those who think software theft is OK (for whatever reasons) will still think it's OK. Those who don't (for whatever reasons) will still think it's not OK.

I say we change the subject to something less controversial, like abortion, or Coke vs. Pepsi.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 2425
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 07 May 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
07 May 2020
selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Can I just step in and say something?
This thread is going to go on and on, back and forth, for a very long time. This is an old subject, and it always goes the same way.
Here's what I have observed, stating the obvious IMO: no one is going to change their mind. That's it. Doesn't matter what argument you make, those who think software theft is OK (for whatever reasons) will still think it's OK. Those who don't (for whatever reasons) will still think it's not OK.

I say we change the subject to something less controversial, like abortion, or Coke vs. Pepsi.
How is that controversial? Obviously women have power over their bodies and coke is undoubtedly the best of the two, unhealthy drinks.

Tinnitus
Posts: 26
Joined: 15 Apr 2018

Post 07 May 2021

Re8et wrote:
05 May 2020
Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
To get back to the topic, i did not have seen any evidence it is cracked. Fact.
I woud not try tio install it even if they would pay me, if this was ever available, either way...
But I know just a bunch of people that would, and still tries with cracked versions o Reason 9..... :lol:

No matters how many times I suggested the it's just one single time licence buy.... they don't get it...
Just to add that as discussed above the climate of using cracked software is very different from 20 years ago. Take this ZDNet story of the perfect example.
The danger is now we have bios hacks too, so malware can survive a rebuild.
Legality aside it is absolutely not worth the risk.

https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/articl ... -software/

User avatar
plasticfractal
Posts: 109
Joined: 29 Oct 2016

Post 07 May 2021

This will bring more people to Reason. It is a double edged sword, but if Reason can get more popular I'm ok with it. Stealing is bad, but getting more users will mean more success in the long run.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest