Default Headphones for mixing without Sonarworks?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
samsome

11 Apr 2020

I've read that some use sonarworks to correct their headphones

can you recommend me some headphones that don't need me to use sonarworks

Thanks

littlejam

11 Apr 2020

hello,

you could always ask aeox

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

PhillipOrdonez

11 Apr 2020

No headphones are flat enough, but I've heard the Sennheiser 660 pro or something similar are very good and not so expensive.

They do sell calibrated headphones, they at sonarworks, including the Sennheiser ones, bundled with their tailor made reference profile.

Lov2sing

11 Apr 2020

I have the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80's and have the Sonarworks software and the software does make a difference; however, the Sony brand is a better sound for recording IMO and the ones I have for mixing. The other thing is do you have vented or closed back headphones. That makes a difference, as to how loud you keep you volume levels. I keep mine as low as possible to make me listen critically, buts that's me. Unless you pay a good penny for flat response headphones then just learn to work with what you have and get good using them.
We make music for a reason

Marco Raaphorst

15 Apr 2020

Sennheiser HD 600 is what I am using. No Sonarworks for me.

rudiarii

15 Apr 2020

I'm using Shure SRH1840's with no Sonarworks..I did trial Sonarworks but prefer to rely on my ears...
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

• Information