Don't stress about "originality".

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
platzangst

07 Jan 2020

EdGrip wrote:
07 Jan 2020

If your goal is to make something "original", you will self-censor your art into oblivion before it ever takes its first breath.
Exactly. Well said.

Yonatan

07 Jan 2020

platzangst wrote:
07 Jan 2020
1979:

First Zlad and now this semi tone drifting genius. 1979 is my year of birth, and little did I know about Autotune misuse predicted already -79 with the help of tape machines. Teenage puberty voice is like the seasons, it will always come back into music. I am sure some garage inventor in Japan may have had a prototype of a tape machine pitch corrector since 1960´s. :)

platzangst

08 Jan 2020

Yonatan wrote:
07 Jan 2020
I am sure some garage inventor in Japan may have had a prototype of a tape machine pitch corrector since 1960´s. :)
Possibly, but if I recall what Godley and Creme used back in the day was one of these:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... -rackmount

--where the singer sang in a flat monotone and then the other dude played the notes they wanted through the harmonizer. G&C were pretty cutting-edge for a supposed pop duo. Probably their most famous track is "Cry", with the video that has the shifting faces of various types, but a lot of their stuff was pretty wild by comparison. (Their previous band, 10cc, has a similar thing going where they have put out some rather arty work, but the singles they're most known for are straightforward pop tunes - "I'm Not In Love" and "The Things We Do For Love"...)

Godley and Creme also directed videos. You might remember this one:

Yonatan

08 Jan 2020

Really cool video. Know the music but never seen the video. They enhance eachother. One can see how much work put into the video.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2020

Godley & Creme are absolute legends. Thanks for posting guys. A few years ago I heard this one on the radio in the middle of night and I couldn't believe my ears.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Yonatan

08 Jan 2020

AI forcast of the future!? Create your own orchestra. The Sims of music.

• Information