What is your most used patch, sample, fx, synth, or equivalent you are using in your songs?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

01 Jan 2020

I must say: My most used thing in my music/my songs so far I created is: MATRIX Pattern Sequencer.
I use it in every song I create. I use only mentioned MPS for creating melodies. I do not use notes.
So this is most used bit of Reason.

Other most used bit of Reason is sample, from Propellerhead Reason 10 library, called Cy_Photek.wav.
It is located under: PR10\Factory Sounds\Redrum Drum Kits\xclusice drums-sorted\06_Cymbals.
I use this sample almost everytime I create a song. It just sounds so cool. That typical techno "christmas" cymbal.

So, what is your most used bit of Reason that you are using it mostly?

PS: I hope this is not a lame thread. I just want to know what you use most in creating your music... Maybe I will find a new toy for my music. And others.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Kalm

01 Jan 2020

Europa & Grain. Nuff said
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Oquasec

01 Jan 2020

The built in devices prolly got the most use
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

BRIGGS

01 Jan 2020

Reason 1 devices by far.
r11s

motuscott

01 Jan 2020

Kuassa on the gitbox, Jiggpoke on the keys
the irreplacable motuscott on the skins
Sweet Jeebus kill me now
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Jmax

01 Jan 2020

Probably for me the FX would be the Synapse DR-1 Deep Reberb. Just sounds great with easily accessible hi-low cut. I'll use it on almost every track all I really like the Arturia REV Plate that just came out.
Also the RE-2A just sounds fabulous. Finds its way on at least one instrument every track.

In the Synth game, I'm really just sticking to Expanse, Viking 2, Legend, Pigemnts 2 these days. I feel with those, you can do pretty much anything.

gullum

01 Jan 2020

Kuassa amps I use live guitars and bass in almost every song, and they get their fair share of Kuassa fx too.

plaamook

04 Jan 2020

Grain, matrix, Deepverb, Trash2, sooth, Auomatic Retro Transformer.
In no particulr order
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

Mostly a few Rack Extensions:
GQ-7, FRG-4RE, C670 Compressor, RE-2A, Audiomatic, Carve EQ Ducker, Disperser.
And of course Reasons SSL Master Bus Compressor.

Synths and instruments constantly change. I've never ever had a go-to synth.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

gullum wrote:
01 Jan 2020
Kuassa amps I use live guitars and bass in almost every song, and they get their fair share of Kuassa fx too.
Same here.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

04 Jan 2020

gotta echo RE2A and Synapse’s Deep Reverb. if there are vocals involved (and there usually are), there is undoubtedly an RE2A involved. and the DR-1 just sounds so damned good, it’s my go-to reverb for most things. other than that, variety is the spice of life. :)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2020
gotta echo RE2A and Synapse’s Deep Reverb. if there are vocals involved (and there usually are), there is undoubtedly an RE2A involved. and the DR-1 just sounds so damned good, it’s my go-to reverb for most things. other than that, variety is the spice of life. :)
Yep. Both those too.

You tried the Kuassa reverb by the way?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rgdaniel

04 Jan 2020

Depending on the project, my two most used devices are Mix Channel and/or Audio Channel.
Just can't seem to even get started without at least one of those.
After that, JP Moar Cowbell, and maybe some other stuff.

guitfnky

04 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020
guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2020
Yep. Both those too.

thought about it, but not yet. I kind of went a bit wild spending the last couple of months and didn’t want to risk liking it and “having” to spend another $30 or whatever it is if I liked it. 😅 that, and the free Native Instruments reverb filled that need for me, for the time being.

is it good?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2020
MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020

Yep. Both those too.

thought about it, but not yet. I kind of went a bit wild spending the last couple of months and didn’t want to risk liking it and “having” to spend another $30 or whatever it is if I liked it. 😅 that, and the free Native Instruments reverb filled that need for me, for the time being.

is it good?
It really is. Five different reverbs. Easy to dial in. And the shimmer is really nice. It’s still on sale at €15. I was trying to hold off until the sales were over so I wouldn’t buy it but I caved. And I’m glad I did. It’s Kuassa. It’s good :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

04 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020
guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2020

is it good?
It really is. Five different reverbs. Easy to dial in. And the shimmer is really nice. It’s still on sale at €15. I was trying to hold off until the sales were over so I wouldn’t buy it but I caved. And I’m glad I did. It’s Kuassa. It’s good :).
ugh, you didn’t have to tell me it has a shimmer reverb. 😆 I have JP’s shimmerverb, which is awesome, but it’s not very user friendly, so I don’t use it very often.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jan 2020
MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020

ugh, you didn’t have to tell me it has a shimmer reverb. 😆 I have JP’s shimmerverb, which is awesome, but it’s not very user friendly, so I don’t use it very often.
You need to try it man. The shimmer is round and lush. The “mountain” one in the demo sounds (I think it’s a plate verb. Don’t remember. Listen to that in the shop website. That’ll sell you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoundStruggler

18 Apr 2020

Let's take a look by right-clicking in Reason...

According to Reason it's these instruments:
SoundStruggler's most used instruments.jpg
SoundStruggler's most used instruments.jpg (66.39 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
..and these effects:
SoundStruggler's most used effects.jpg
SoundStruggler's most used effects.jpg (66.71 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

kuhliloach

18 Apr 2020

I've been beatmaking in GarageBand on the iPad. Grabbed TAL-U-NO-LX and some other AUv3 plug-ins. I bring the audio into Reason for some light Kratos 2 mastering.

WarStar

18 Apr 2020

KiloHearts limiter: I use this a ton to bump up harmonics and character while treating transients. Gives me a loud mix and by mastering stage I don't have to push it too much

Carve EQ Ducker: extremely useful tool

The Austic Hand Clapper: use fairly often

Lab One ReQ131: use this eq alot.. easy m/s options too which is great for samples from older recordings

Beizer Dynamics: love this fairly new one.. can really juice up your low end.. sounds good when pushing that mid freq sweet spot too

SoftTube Saturation Knob

Selig Curve: use this compressor alot.. due to it's unique approach on compression it can really fatten up some low-end stuff.. really cool on 808s, really fattens up the sustain to give that deep sub undertone throughout the tail as it decays. Pretty awesome really

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Apr 2020

Palette-wise, I like to keep it open, but I always have my "pre-mastering" chain available, to boost/cut the sound in all the right frequencies and get a "pro tone" instantly. Of course, this is no substitute for real mastering and any track that gets that far would never be just given a one-size-fits-all preset, but it has proven invaluable to me, because it shows up when something just isn't sitting right, and let's me know if I'm in the right ballpark early on.

The chain is the following:

FXpansion DCAM Env. Shaper
Softube Tsar-1
Izotope Ozone Maximizer
Softube Trident A-Range
Kuassa EVE-MP5
MClass Maximizer

Note that this setup is built with the intention of creating early 00's type banging floor fillers, which usually had plenty of tracks. More minimal styles such as the modern techno stuff or vocal driven pop/hip-pop would probably pick up far too many artefacts in this kind of set-up. Also, all of the "right frequencies" that are getting boosted and cut are pretty specific to my preferred set of genres too.

Cheers,
Brian

TheDragonborg

20 Apr 2020

Recently it would be 303 (from my TD-3 or TB-3)...

• Information