Separate audio with AI - Spleeter / melody.ml

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 1947
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 Nov 2019

---

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 915
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 03 Dec 2019

tRIED IT, WORKES SURPRISINGLY WELL. nO REAL NEED FOR THAT IzOTOPE THINGY. (and now caps off, lol)
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

botnotbot
Posts: 258
Joined: 26 Oct 2017

Post 04 Dec 2019

Definitely worth learning the command line to be able to use this on wav files instead of mp3.

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 915
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 04 Dec 2019

botnotbot wrote:
04 Dec 2019
Definitely worth learning the command line to be able to use this on wav files instead of mp3.
I think the mp3 is just fine, just drop into Reason and it converts, painless. The sound quality is kinda bad anyhow after the track separation, so mp3 is quite good enough.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6320
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 04 Dec 2019

I had tried this, but the file just sits there and just says it's queued. Are results emailed? How long does it take?

[EDIT] Nevermind it popped up. Doesn't show any progress or say anything about how long it might take. Just shows as 'queued' for a bit...

botnotbot
Posts: 258
Joined: 26 Oct 2017

Post 05 Dec 2019

Boombastix wrote:
04 Dec 2019
botnotbot wrote:
04 Dec 2019
Definitely worth learning the command line to be able to use this on wav files instead of mp3.
I think the mp3 is just fine, just drop into Reason and it converts, painless. The sound quality is kinda bad anyhow after the track separation, so mp3 is quite good enough.
Separation is going to sound worse when based on a lossy source in my experience.

botnotbot
Posts: 258
Joined: 26 Oct 2017

Post 06 Dec 2019

botnotbot wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Separation is going to sound worse when based on a lossy source in my experience.
Oh, and the command line skills pay dividends daily.

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 915
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 06 Dec 2019

botnotbot wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Boombastix wrote:
04 Dec 2019


I think the mp3 is just fine, just drop into Reason and it converts, painless. The sound quality is kinda bad anyhow after the track separation, so mp3 is quite good enough.
Separation is going to sound worse when based on a lossy source in my experience.
You UPLOAD a wav, and get a mp3 back. The separation has plenty of sound issues, getting separated tracks back in mp3 is good enough.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests