Your thought of getting new synths...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Marc64

13 Oct 2019

Was just thinking...
What are you thinking about when wanting a new synth you see and hear?
Is it the sounds or interface or both?
I am pretty sure it's possible to great specific sounda you just think is awesome with the ones you got already but is it cause you don't want to create them from scratch or don't know how to create them when you can just buy the synths?

It will be very expensive sounds when you like like 10 of 500 presets on a synth...

What's your thoughts?

demt

13 Oct 2019

its more of an ongoing experience than hunting doiwn a specific sound.Im spoilt for bass choice with the neutron hmmm so many sounds i havent saved yet with a bit of a twiddle another majestic roar from the synth to be sequenced or padded .Absorbing!!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

reddust

14 Oct 2019

for me it's a mixture of several things. Mainly its sound, but also its versatility, that it offers something I can't do with the synths I already own or at least a new interesting way to achieve it. And the UI also both in terms of design and accessibility

O1B

16 Nov 2019

Great Questions. My Question for the Day.
when wanting a new synth you see and hear? Is it the sounds or interface or both?
But - You'd lose that bet.
I am pretty sure it's possible to great specific sounda you just think is awesome with the ones you got already
Take the Microfreak: .

well, ... the current Micro-freak: .... "if you know what I am saying?"

Just the manipulation of the Sound by Touching the Keys may not be something "you got already."
It's incredibly different... Do you know what I am saying?

Now - what if the Synth has an ARP function - or - is just a bit different in its cross-modulation pathways?
The Sound from ;'both synths' can still sound Similar or be Drastically Different.
...Do you know what I am sayin?

But, you are absolutely right - at least for me.
It's not so much 'Form and Function' ... Form can become a Slave to Function. Then the Rot sets in.

It is about what I "See and Hear" .... "Sounds and Interface"

Marc64 wrote:
13 Oct 2019
Was just thinking...
What are you thinking about when wanting a new synth you see and hear?
Is it the sounds or interface or both?
I am pretty sure it's possible to great specific sounda you just think is awesome with the ones you got already but is it cause you don't want to create them from scratch or don't know how to create them when you can just buy the synths?

It will be very expensive sounds when you like like 10 of 500 presets on a synth...

What's your thoughts?

• Information