[Poll] How old are you?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

How old are you?

<=17
0
No votes
18-20
0
No votes
21-23
0
No votes
24-26
3
3%
27-29
4
4%
30-32
7
6%
33-35
9
8%
36-38
14
13%
39-41
13
12%
42-44
12
11%
45-47
13
12%
48-50
12
11%
51-53
11
10%
54-56
6
5%
57-59
1
1%
60-62
2
2%
63-65
4
4%
66-68
1
1%
69-71
0
No votes
<=72
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 112
User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 26 Jul 2019

Just curious.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1528
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 26 Jul 2019

Never ask a lady her age.
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 574
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 26 Jul 2019

:puf_smile: I is only twee years old!!!
buy BTC

reggie1979
Posts: 661
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 26 Jul 2019

Old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

User avatar
DrGOA®
Posts: 417
Joined: 26 Aug 2018
Location: Ruse, Bulgaria

Post 27 Jul 2019

October will be 46 years old.

User avatar
reasonsuser88
Posts: 245
Joined: 29 Apr 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

Not old enough.
Lookin' like a corpse at two in the morning.:skull:

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5650
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 27 Jul 2019

Oh... Reason is for the middle age? Guess it needs to be more attractive for younger ppl. Add some Instagram, Facebook or YouTube support... Somehow... Something... Stuff... What do young ppl today?
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Noplan
Posts: 637
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Cologne, Germany

Post 27 Jul 2019

No matter how old you are, you will all die. I want on my grave the last Reason version to which I have managed to live.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

I'm a bit surprised by the results, too. Several reasons (and likely a mixture of those) might exist:

* "they" have better shit to do than to post on a forum (think: work, friends, more important ways to spend their free time on)
* "they" use other platforms of communication
* "they're" not interested in talking / not invested
* "they" use another DAW
* you old fucks repel young people :D

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
27 Jul 2019
Reasontalk is for the middle age
FTFY :)

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

So to all of you, don't mix up Reasontalk users with the Reason user demographic in general, we don't know anything about that.

User avatar
reasonsuser88
Posts: 245
Joined: 29 Apr 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

Noplan wrote:
27 Jul 2019
No matter how old you are, you will all die. I want on my grave the last Reason version to which I have managed to live.
That's better than getting a tattoo.
Lookin' like a corpse at two in the morning.:skull:

User avatar
reasonsuser88
Posts: 245
Joined: 29 Apr 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

I don't know why anybody would be surprised by these results. I was a youngin on the PUF in my early 20's but I knew I was amongst dust balls. Now I am becoming a dust ball and I ain't got no clout.
Lookin' like a corpse at two in the morning.:skull:

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
27 Jul 2019
I don't know why anybody would be surprised by these results. I was a youngin on the PUF in my early 20's but I knew I was amongst dust balls. Now I am becoming a dust ball and I ain't got no clout.
But that's just anecdotal evidence.
And yet you frequented the PUF at that age and might have voted if you stumbled across a thread like that.
And let me guess, you were able to use and used a not-so-legal-demo of Reason back then.

Except for one vote, the teens and young adults up to the age of 29 are completely missing as of now, which I find interesting to say the least. I'd have expected a gaussian distribution because Reason costs money and people start earning their own money at different ages. But here it seems that the younger tail is completely cut off. Back to my third sentence: I believe with the copy protection, they cut off the branch they were sitting on. But that's just my theory.

User avatar
reasonsuser88
Posts: 245
Joined: 29 Apr 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Jul 2019
But that's just anecdotal evidence.
And yet you frequented the PUF at that age and might have voted if you stumbled across a thread like that.
And let me guess, you were able to use and used a not-so-legal-demo of Reason back then.

Except for one vote, the teens and young adults up to the age of 29 are completely missing as of now, which I find interesting to say the least. I'd have expected a gaussian distribution because Reason costs money and people start earning their own money at different ages. But here it seems that the younger tail is completely cut off. Back to my third sentence: I believe with the copy protection, they cut off the branch they were sitting on. But that's just my theory.
That is a fair assessment. I started with a cracked version and I didn't participate in the forum until I had a license. I've been watching a lot of music production tutorials from FL Studio users lately and some of these YouTube producers have compiled an impressive amount of knowledge and resources. I think there is a lack of inspiring content in the Reason community. I would start my own YouTube channel but I simply don't have the personality for it.
Lookin' like a corpse at two in the morning.:skull:

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1528
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 27 Jul 2019

Noplan wrote:
27 Jul 2019
I want on my grave the last Reason version to which I have managed to live.
Invest in the afterlife now! Subscribe to Reason After Death
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 2441
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

motuscott wrote:
27 Jul 2019
Noplan wrote:
27 Jul 2019
I want on my grave the last Reason version to which I have managed to live.
Invest in the afterlife now! Subscribe to Reason After Death
That’d be RAD man!!!

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 429
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Jul 2019
...
* you old fucks repel young people :D
I certainly try to. I can't stand kids. I got so sick of throwing them off my lawn I got rid of the lawn. :P

So the Reason demographic: 30 to 50 year olds. Wow! Seems that us users are as stale as the product!

User avatar
Biolumin3sc3nt
Posts: 472
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2019

motuscott wrote:
27 Jul 2019
Noplan wrote:
27 Jul 2019
I want on my grave the last Reason version to which I have managed to live.
Invest in the afterlife now! Subscribe to Reason After Death
Lulz, hell yeah Man! :thumbs_up:

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

Reason 12's main selling point will be larger buttons with bigger numbers and bluetooth streaming directly to your hearing aid.

reggie1979
Posts: 661
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

The warez kiddies don't do Reason, so they won't be here. They are too busy with FL studio.

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 429
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 27 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
27 Jul 2019
Reason 12's main selling point will be larger buttons with bigger numbers and bluetooth streaming directly to your hearing aid.
I can't quite make out what you are saying, sonny, but I hope the next version is compatible with my new phone.

Image

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 945
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Jul 2019
diminished wrote:
27 Jul 2019
Reason 12's main selling point will be larger buttons with bigger numbers and bluetooth streaming directly to your hearing aid.
I can't quite make out what you are saying, sonny, but I hope the next version is compatible with my new phone.

Image
Should be enough for Reason Compact ;)

(I might be on the younger side here, but I'm as cynic as a babyboomer is towards millenials.)

User avatar
NekujaK
Posts: 573
Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Location: USA

Post 27 Jul 2019

I'm near the upper edge of the Reasontalk age spectrum, and I too am surprised by the poll results. But if I think about it, if I were a youngster, I don't think Reason would be my first choice for making music. FL and Live, and even Garage Band, seem to have greater appeal to novice music-makers.

But also, I've noticed the younger generation has a different relationship with music than older generations did. There are fewer preconceived notions and rules about how To make music, and more devices and gadgets that assist in the creation process, and many that do most of the work for you. For me, making a good record meant going into a studio. For the younger generation, a hit song can be made on an iPhone app that coverts what you say into a melody and adds a backing track.

Reason and most DAWs are built around the studio model, which is great, and is what I'm comfortable with. But the younger generation has come up in an age where the studio model isn't the only game in town.

But who knows... my musings are probably way off base. What's probably closer to the truth is what was mentioned above, that young people have far better things to do than post on music forums. I mean, how old school... :)
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 5650
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 27 Jul 2019

NekujaK wrote:
27 Jul 2019
I'm near the upper edge of the Reasontalk age spectrum, and I too am surprised by the poll results. But if I think about it, if I were a youngster, I don't think Reason would be my first choice for making music. FL and Live, and even Garage Band, seem to have greater appeal to novice music-makers.
When i was a youngster, i used what i could get for "free", because i didnt had any money...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests