Shoutout to Selig

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
raymondh

21 Jun 2019

Hi everyone,

Part of the Reason experience for me is the opportunity to learn and grow my music skills, and find inspiration from others in the community.

It is really excellent to have such talented folks give up their time to help us all learn here, so just wanted to call out Giles Reaves aka Selig as one leading example here.

Probably most of us have benefited from Selig's advice - and Rack Extensions, but I'm not sure if everyone knows his credentials.

A couple of links to check out. (Hope you don't mind Selig!)

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2019

Ayyy. Hats off.
Giles in the last video is a bit like that guy :lol: :
By the way, I'm looking for a Selig demo song, I think it was used in a gain staging video tutorial but I can't find it. I'd just like to listen to the song in full. Do you guys know what I mean?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

reasonsuser88

22 Jun 2019

Thank you Selig. I've been around since the PUF, although inconsistent while in pursuit of a transcendental existence, and I appreciate the effort you put forth in sharing knowledge.

I feel this one is appropriate.

The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Jagwah

24 Jun 2019

I am also very grateful for the help Selig has given me, and I always see him sharing his expertise too. People like him really help the community stay together, and help us progress with our work and art when we really need it. Thanks dude, big props to you :)

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2019

Indeed! Priceless feedback and information.

rgdaniel

24 Jun 2019

This video of his was a lifesaver. It rescued me from a burning building, pushed me out of the way of a falling piano, and got me off the smack. You know, figuratively...

stratatonic

24 Jun 2019

Always got a kick out of Rob and Giles' battles on the old PUF!
And tons of useful info along the way.
My favourite Selig tut, of all things:

• Information