Do You Like Chips?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

Do You Like Chips?

Yes
70%
No
3%
Yes but try to limit how often I eat them
20%
Don't dislike them but not something I like a lot
7%

Total votes: 30
Creativemind

17 Jun 2019

Hi!

A bit of harmless fun now.

Do you like chips (as in Fish 'n' chips) not crisps as we say here in the U.K.

It occurred to me the other day, that I've never heard anyone not liking them but I'm sure they're out there lol!

Used to be thing here in the UK where it was traditional to have a chippy tea (fish 'n' chips or chips with something) from the chip shop on a Friday night, like it used to be traditional to eat a roast dinner on a Sunday.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

motuscott

17 Jun 2019

Not to go all MAGA on ya, but we here in the USofA have taken this to our usual ungodly heights.
Bacon cheesy fries, anyone?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

reasonsuser88

17 Jun 2019

Yes I fancy some chips when the opportunity arises. Douse them with malt vinegar too. I'm on a meal replacement drink called Huel these days though and I'm not too enthusiastic about food in general.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

Me and my eldest daughter are going to Scotland in August. I haven’t been home for over 8 years and we’ve already decided that dinner the first night will be a fish supper. Greaseproof paper, fish falling apart, chips soaked in salt and vinegar. Magic. Some of my best memories of Glasgow involve standing at the bus stop in the freezing rain after a night out. Bag of chips in hand. Burning my fingers they were so hot and the salt nipping. Rain destroying the bag. The glare of the orange street lights bouncing off the wet tarmac. Happy days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

17 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Me and my eldest daughter are going to Scotland in August. I haven’t been home for over 8 years and we’ve already decided that dinner the first night will be a fish supper. Greaseproof paper, fish falling apart, chips soaked in salt and vinegar. Magic. Some of my best memories of Glasgow involve standing at the bus stop in the freezing rain after a night out. Bag of chips in hand. Burning my fingers they were so hot and the salt nipping. Rain destroying the bag. The glare of the orange street lights bouncing off the wet tarmac. Happy days.
Brill. In the paper is best and outside. Hopefully not raining though.

Bet Scotland has really good chippies. I heard Manchester has great chip shops. When Adam Rickitt (the actor who played Nick Tilsley in Corrie before the current actor - Ben Price) was asked many many years ago what he missed about moving away from Manchester, he said the chip / chip shops lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

reasonsuser88

17 Jun 2019

I live a short walk away from a fish & chips place and it has a London interior art theme actually. Never really thought about it much but it certainly pays homage. I might have to treat myself soon.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

Creativemind wrote:
17 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Brill. In the paper is best and outside. Hopefully not raining though.

Bet Scotland has really good chippies. I heard Manchester has great chip shops. When Adam Rickitt (the actor who played Nick Tilsley in Corrie before the current actor - Ben Price) was asked many many years ago what he missed about moving away from Manchester, he said the chip / chip shops lol!
In Scotland you can get a pizza supper...deep fried pizza and chips. You can also get a haggis supper...haggis in batter and deep fried. Pickled onion in there and you’re laughing.
They’ve also got fritters. Like big slices of tatties battered and fried. Not to mention the infamous deep fried Mars bar. Heart attack capital of Europe??
What I always found weird was in Glasgow you got asked “salt and vinegar?” But when you went through to Edinburgh it was “salt and sauce?” Like a diluted version of HP.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

pushedbutton

17 Jun 2019

Selecting option 3 would be dishonest.
I usually have 3 or 4 kinds of chips in the house so I can trick myself into thinking I have a varied diet.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

BRIGGS

17 Jun 2019

I love them, but have to be careful. Too much oils makes my stomach not happy. If I could find a place, that isn't too greasy...that would be awesome! Go malt vinegar!!!
r11s

plaamook

17 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2019

In Scotland you can get a pizza supper...deep fried pizza and chips.
That's not so crazy.
We make calzone which is basically a 'white' pizza folded over itself like a big pasty, then either baked or deep fried.
I can never make up my mind which way I prefer it.

You wouldn't get it battered or with chips or anything though.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

17 Jun 2019

I like chips so much I bought a deep fryer. You don't get proper chippy chips as such, you get the home made variety, but man they're good. Better I think. I don't know.
Beer battered scallops and chips. Holy bat shit!
Or stew and chips, mussels n chips, steak and chips, roast chicken and chips, and beer beer BEER!!! Aaahhhhggg!!!!!!!

I'm sick as a pike, working away from home (and my chip fryer) and broke though...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

rgdaniel

17 Jun 2019

As a Canadian (even if not a French-Canadian) I have to put in a word for poutine. Heaven!

TrevaRanks

17 Jun 2019

I know somebody who doesn’t like chips. He’s a weirdo. I live in Wales, where you can ask for ‘half and half’ when you get a curry from the chippy, or Indian or Chinese takeaway etc, which is half rice and half chips

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

TrevaRanks wrote:
17 Jun 2019
I know somebody who doesn’t like chips. He’s a weirdo. I live in Wales, where you can ask for ‘half and half’ when you get a curry from the chippy, or Indian or Chinese takeaway etc, which is half rice and half chips
Chips and chinese curry. Magic.
My pal sent me 6 packets of Chinese curry mix to Sweden. The folks here have never heard of it. Peas, prawns and onions in light brown wallpaper paste. Beeeest!!! Had it yesterday actually.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

plaamook wrote:
17 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2019

In Scotland you can get a pizza supper...deep fried pizza and chips.
That's not so crazy.
We make calzone which is basically a 'white' pizza folded over itself like a big pasty, then either baked or deep fried.
I can never make up my mind which way I prefer it.

You wouldn't get it battered or with chips or anything though.
Aye. Thing is, calzone is delicious. The pizzas they fry in Scotland are just like dough with a bit of tomato purée and two teaspoons of cheap grated cheese. Maybe a mushroom if you’re lucky.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reggie1979

17 Jun 2019

We don't have many places that have "chips" here in the states. We have places that try to emulate "fish" and then the "chips" are what we call fries. I've had true "chips" and they are delicious.

tibah

17 Jun 2019

Pomme frite? ;)

motuscott

17 Jun 2019

Freedom Fries :puf_smile:
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

jam-s

17 Jun 2019

At the beach this is a must have:

reggie1979

17 Jun 2019

Too many onions imo.

Is that ketchup or chili sauce? I'm hungry. Give them to me........... and I'll take the beer too!

jam-s

17 Jun 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Too many onions imo.

Is that ketchup or chili sauce? I'm hungry. Give them to me........... and I'll take the beer too!
Best Dutch style friet speciaal must have lost of fresh onions, fritessaus and usually curry ketchup.

scratchnsnifff

17 Jun 2019

I have a problem with hearing people eating chips

When in school, I despise anyone who dares to bring a damn bag of the loudest most audibly annoying snack to a place of concentration

Does anyone like pizza?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

jam-s wrote:
17 Jun 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Too many onions imo.

Best Dutch style friet speciaal must have lost of fresh onions, fritessaus and usually curry ketchup.
Curry ketchup, yeah, not so sure if (the states) .............

reggie1979

18 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
17 Jun 2019
I have a problem with hearing people eating chips

When in school, I despise anyone who dares to bring a damn bag of the loudest most audibly annoying snack to a place of concentration

Does anyone like pizza?
NOBODY loves pizza more than me, NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

motuscott wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Not to go all MAGA on ya, but we here in the USofA have taken this to our usual ungodly heights.
Bacon cheesy fries, anyone?
Lol, yeah, it gets out of hand quickly this side of the Atlantic. Suicide by fried cheese... Anyhow I kinda flipped my diet a bunch of years ago and discovered that baby broccoli tastes good if taken with a grab of salty peanuts, did not expect that :lol:
Not sure where the Trader Joe's frozen fries comes from but they are fantastic, and I take them sometimes, Belgian style... with mayo!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information