Some random guy did a clickbait video titled "Intel is dead", forgot the interrogation mark, and Betteridge's law.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Oct 2019

Oquasec wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Sorry but the next machines I get are intel exclusively.
GPU be damned...
i3, i5 and i7
x86 and GPUs will matter less and less in the future. RISC is the future. I am sure Apple is next. That's the only way if you want thinner with longer battery life devices.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 07 Oct 2019


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 27 Oct 2019


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 07 Nov 2019


zoidkirb
Posts: 209
Joined: 18 Nov 2018

Post 07 Nov 2019

Threadripper...so many cores it's crazy.
I just built a new ryzen 3600 system and couldn't be happier so far.
Intel may be far from dead, but amd is back from the dead and once again taking the lead in innovation. Look at their stock price soar!

User avatar
Oquasec
Posts: 2567
Joined: 05 Mar 2017

Post 08 Nov 2019

Switched to intel and happy.
To each their own :]
Producer/Sound Designer.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 08 Nov 2019

The only winners are us, the consumers. This video is a good reminder of how bad it is when competition doesn't exist, or when mega corporations stop caring, or hindering innovation as a purposeful strategy. The thing is the same will happen to AMD if they even try to play by Intel's old book in the future.
But who knows, 30 years from now Apple's chips may be the top dog of the whole industry, as the concept of a powerful pc workstation could be dead.


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 14 Nov 2019



User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Nov 2019


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 24 Nov 2019


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Nov 2019






User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 07 Dec 2019


User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1296
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 09 Dec 2019


AMD doesn't hold majority marketshare, but it is doing significantly more sales volume per month than Intel to our DIY / enthusiast audience.
In this report, we're looking at AMD and Intel CPU sales in the DIY enthusiast market by analyzing affiliate sales data for GamersNexus viewers and readers. As described in the video, the nature of such data is that it will be skewed toward an enthusiast audience and toward our recommendations, but we still have enough data to extrapolate an overall trend in the enthusiast segment. Intel still holds majority marketshare, but that doesn't keep a company alive in a segment -- it needs active, fresh sales for cashflow, since old CPU sales don't generate new money (at least, not outside of Enterprise). AMD has moved toward 93% total CPU sales per month in our latest data for November of 2019, leaving Intel with the remaining 7%. We'll look at this plot, average selling price, CPU series by popularity, and more in today's content.





  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests