[Poll] Do you use Android, iOS or both?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

Do you use Android, iOS or both?

Android
56%
iOS
31%
both
12%
Nokia 3310
2%

Total votes: 59
diminished
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Question says it all. With Reason Compact becoming more serious, I wonder how many of us will have to miss out on the mobile experience until there's some movement on the Android front.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

SalvadorDeluxe

23 May 2019

Where's the BlackBerry option?!
Nintendo 64 // Minesweeper // Rotary Telephones

diminished
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

SalvadorDeluxe wrote:
23 May 2019
Where's the BlackBerry option?!
Blackwhat? Pick Nokia, it's better :P
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

reggie1979

23 May 2019

Android for phone, IOS for ipad.

joeyluck

23 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
23 May 2019
Android for phone, IOS for ipad.
Same here. iPads are priced very nicely. I could keep hoping that the countless developers making awesome apps will port to Android, or I could get an iPad like I ended up doing to enjoy them all.

pushedbutton

23 May 2019

My iPad broke and I've never been happier.
Android is just better...except for the audio latency, which is improving.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

reggie1979

23 May 2019

I dunno man, my ipad is smashed to pieces (literally) and I can't live w/o it (and can't afford a new one) so, I dunno. I can live w/o my stupid "smart" phone :lol:

motuscott

23 May 2019

Got my first smart phone, a droid, about a year and a half ago when I realized I could have one for less than $200. Not a phone guy and I need you kids to exit my lawn.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

VariableX

23 May 2019

I had an iphone, then moved to android, then back to iphone. Never ever again will i use anything running android, it is sh1t ( unless i break my iphone as i cant afford a new one )

If you can afford a premium phone:
Iphone for pros, android for, well i don't wanna insult anyone ....

PeterP

24 May 2019

Android phone (Pixel) and an iPad at home. But when I'm home I'm going to use Reason on a real computer, so the mobile thing is lost for me unless they release an Android version of Compact, Take etc.

xylyx

24 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 May 2019
I had an iphone, then moved to android, then back to iphone. Never ever again will i use anything running android, it is sh1t ( unless i break my iphone as i cant afford a new one )

Thanks for that well reasoned post, eloquently putting forward the pros and cons of each OS and backing your opinion up with cogent arguments, so that anyone reading the post could see why you came to the conclusion you did. I look forward to similar insights on why you think we should buy a Mac or PC...

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

Got an old Nintend DS here, but ain't figured out how to hack the wi-fi yet :)

VariableX

24 May 2019

xylyx wrote:
24 May 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 May 2019

Thanks for that well reasoned post, eloquently putting forward the pros and cons of each OS and backing your opinion up with cogent arguments, so that anyone reading the post could see why you came to the conclusion you did. I look forward to similar insights on why you think we should buy a Mac or PC...
You are welcome, thanks for reading my friend.

As for PC or Mac, I cant comment as I have never used a Mac. I am however happy with Win10 and many different virtual Linux flavors which I change regularly.

diminished
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

reggie1979

24 May 2019

:lol:

VariableX

24 May 2019

:lol:
iphone for pros, android for ho3s!

Anyone else wanna bite?

I did laugh out loud xylyx, great post to my well reasoned (not) contribution to this thread.

kuhliloach

24 May 2019

The main reason I gave up android and moved to iOS was music apps. IMO Android cannot possibly ever catch up to the many year head start iOS has when it comes to mobile audio. The quality and quantity of amazing iOS music apps is astonishing to me, as is Apple's IDAM technology that basically brings iOS devices right into your desktop DAW. When I had an android phone I tried to comment about latency problems to the community, but it obviously fell on deaf ears.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 May 2019

Interesting results so far, didn't expect it to look like this.
This could mean three things:

* Android is more widespread than iOS even among Reason users and this reflects the real world
* iOS users are so pro, they don't frequent pleb forums like this and are out there making actual music
* iOS users are mostly analphabets, can't read the question and therefor can't answer LMAO.

Soft Enerji

01 Jun 2019

I had an iphone 4S up until about a year ago. I wasn't interested in upgrading coz at the end of the day I only ever used it as a phone. Then I dropped it and smashed the screen. I ended up getting a Sony Xperia XZ Premium coz it works with my PS4, and it looks cool..............at the end of the day I only really use it as a phone :roll:

mjxl

01 Jun 2019

Android all the way, I've touched a friends iPhone once, scarred me for life q_Q

• Information