A place to Talk ( addictions mental health etc )

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
sleep1979

23 May 2019

so a lot of us computer musicians can be at times be solitary creatures
and sometimes in this world there's not someone to turn too to talk about stuff that can be on our minds and troubling us
so my other post gave me an idea ..
here I'm starting a thread for when people need advice or someone to talk too
for there mental health addictions , whatever
may I suggest that if any trolls post we just ignore them and only listen to the mostly good people that are in this group
anyone feel free to start this off ill come in at some point cheers :-)

MarkTarlton

23 May 2019

taken from an article on the web that I think is good info :)

When a mental health problem goes untreated, the substance abuse problem usually gets worse. And when alcohol or drug abuse increases, mental health problems usually increase too. But you’re not alone. Co-occurring substance abuse problems and mental health issues are more common than many people realize. According to reports published in the Journal of the American Medical Association:

Roughly 50 percent of individuals with severe mental disorders are affected by substance abuse.
37 percent of alcohol abusers and 53 percent of drug abusers also have at least one serious mental illness.
Of all people diagnosed as mentally ill, 29 percent abuse either alcohol or drugs.

While substance abuse problems and mental health issues don’t get better when they’re ignored—in fact, they are likely to get much worse—it’s important to know that you don’t have to feel this way. There are things you can do to conquer your demons, repair your relationships, and start enjoying life again.

reggie1979

23 May 2019

I don't doubt those stats at all.

It's a subject that often gets QUITE contentious though. Including but not limited to those who believe mental health is a myth, the "go find jesus" types and lastly just trolls that have nothing better to do other than poop in you wheaties.

It's funny because I fall into the MH category but I do drink, which bad mkay? Stuff is messin' with other stuff and so on. But I'm so f.....ing miserable. I have great insurance and a MH support system that is second to none, but come around this time of night......blammo. I need a drink. And my living situation is less than idea w/o being able to do really anything about it. I'm stuck and that engine, she's a gettin' tired! :lol:

• Information