Detuning guitar 13.69 cents :)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Ever tuned your guitar with a tuner and thought it still sounded dissonant? Well...

I thought it was interesting in any case.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

23 May 2019

I saw this the other day. This can lead you down a rabbit hole if you aren't careful. I used to play in a band with a guy who drove us nuts with this type of stuff, I was glad my ears weren't as fine tuned as his. The problem was we were recording in a studio on the clock, and couldn't get the song to sound right after he started tuning stuff a little off for his own ear...it made all the overdubs seem off, and certain chords were clashing. I come from the school of a little out of tune is not that big of a deal until you start obsessing on it, and than you start to go crazy :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
23 May 2019
I saw this the other day. This can lead you down a rabbit hole if you aren't careful. I used to play in a band with a guy who drove us nuts with this type of stuff, I was glad my ears weren't as fine tuned as his. The problem was we were recording in a studio on the clock, and couldn't get the song to sound right after he started tuning stuff a little off for his own ear...it made all the overdubs seem off, and certain chords were clashing. I come from the school of a little out of tune is not that big of a deal until you start obsessing on it, and than you start to go crazy :D
Tell that to Sonic Youth :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

23 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2019
Tell that to Sonic Youth :)
Love them...also My Bloody Valentine :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

MarkTarlton wrote: