giving up alcohol

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MarkTarlton

09 May 2019

I would consider therapy to get to the core of why you do what you do. It's not easy but you sound like you could use someone to talk to besides the people in your life, and on this forum who have the knowledge to help you. good luck!

reasonsuser88

09 May 2019

modecca wrote:
09 May 2019
I have nothing but sincere respect for this pursuit.

I see many people who try to stop completely but they will eventually run into those moments where:
life seems too boring, to continue refraining from the substance
life seems too painful, to continue refraining from the substance

So to be able to consistently address both of these positions as they continue to arise, is where things get interesting and the chance for growth really emerges.
Thanks. Alcohol doesn't serve those purposes for me anymore and having less brain fog is like a high I haven't experienced much. I can't give any advice though because everybody is different and it is a personal issue. I will say there was no room for discussion after I reached my limit of destruction but that isn't advisable.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

modecca

10 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
08 May 2019
Zac wrote:
08 May 2019
My best sincere wishes. I hope i can one day.
Thanks! During my first week I took it upon myself to document my experience of stuffing my face with chocolate brownies and drinking cow milk.

there is too many good things to comment on from tons of people in this thread, but how can u dislike milk!!! ( i do tounge surgery on the side no homo: soldier surgery.. got my trusty Leatherman©)
i made a mistake of wanting to make a milkshake the other day (one glass needs tons of ice cream) and i bought milk from a liquor store.
Expensive and near expiration: for this I will not go to that liquor store for the remainder of this year and pray nightly they will go out of business.
By law liquor stores should have to post every regular customer's name, who died from smoking/drinking.
Sad many Indian convenience stores are run by religious people but they could care less that they are contributing to many peoples demise (and ripping us off, those prices suck!)
Down with all liquor stores I say, lets burn every last one and be forced to make our own drugs when we are having weak moments!
ESKETIT!!!
🔗💥

reasonsuser88

10 May 2019

modecca wrote:
10 May 2019
there is too many good things to comment on from tons of people in this thread, but how can u dislike milk!!! ( i do tounge surgery on the side no homo: soldier surgery.. got my trusty Leatherman©)
i made a mistake of wanting to make a milkshake the other day (one glass needs tons of ice cream) and i bought milk from a liquor store.
Expensive and near expiration: for this I will not go to that liquor store for the remainder of this year and pray nightly they will go out of business.
By law liquor stores should have to post every regular customer's name, who died from smoking/drinking.
Sad many Indian convenience stores are run by religious people but they could care less that they are contributing to many peoples demise (and ripping us off, those prices suck!)
Down with all liquor stores I say, lets burn every last one and be forced to make our own drugs when we are having weak moments!
I think drinking the bodily fluid from a fat cow teat is one of the most horrifying things people do (more shocking than murder) let alone the fact that nature intended it for nursing. Buying milk from a liquor store is pretty rough. I'm worried about you and that Earthquake. You're not fooling me! Earthquake = four drinks and the recommended daily limit for men is two drinks. FYI Two of those makes you a binge drinker.

I love my smokeless tobacco dip and I take responsibility - better than smoking your lungs out. I appreciate my convenience stores and the fact that Bashir knows I'm coming in for two cans of Copenhagen long cut to save $1.50.

modecca

10 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
10 May 2019
modecca wrote:
10 May 2019
I think drinking the bodily fluid from a fat cow teat is one of the most horrifying things people do (more shocking than murder) let alone the fact that nature intended it for nursing. Buying milk from a liquor store is pretty rough. I'm worried about you and that Earthquake. You're not fooling me! Earthquake = four drinks and the recommended daily limit for men is two drinks. FYI Two of those makes you a binge drinker.

I love my smokeless tobacco dip and I take responsibility - better than smoking your lungs out. I appreciate my convenience stores and the fact that Bashir knows I'm coming in for two cans of Copenhagen long cut to save $1.50.
Mother Nature intended me to enjoy wonderful tastes and I shall not avoid her countless gifts for me.
If milk 🥛 came from cute baby lamb eyes, I would still indulge in that perfect tasting substance.
I had 2 hurricanes yesterday in the hills with the black dead trees (only 8 percent, better deal and they were out of earthquakes). I will go 3-4 days without having any more alcohol so I feel i still am reprezentn prper for the moderation mafia.
I have 1 swisher sweet every 5 days and thus i know i will effortlessly leap over lung/mouth cancer's snare (karma will be a bit more tricky).
That Copenhagen LC deserves a sincere try on my part. Bashir: in a heartbeat would trade the health of ur teeth and gums for 5.09.
I wish I didnt know where he works and never gained deep insight's as a result of that ax incident lol!!!
🔗💥

Zac

10 May 2019

What does it take to respect this subject?

Whether you're a month or years in - you know right?

One way or the other? Denial or not. You know whether you drink like most people or not!?

Zac

10 May 2019

For those who can drink normally, well done. But do you really think promoting that here is helpful?

Zac

10 May 2019

Oh.... i just practice self control... well whup dee doo for you.

reasonsuser88

10 May 2019

Zac wrote:
10 May 2019
For those who can drink normally, well done. But do you really think promoting that here is helpful?
It doesn't bother me personally especially because drinking is so embedded and accepted in society. I'm reminded of a time my recovering addict uncle took me out to sushi on his dime and I ordered Japanese beers and hot sake. I was already drunk and insensitive when he picked me up although I felt guilty about drinking like a fish in front of my own recovering addict family member. I was later assured by a reliable source (another family member) that the will to be sober should be stronger than temptation. The temptation will always be there but I've taken a strong liking to carbonated mineral water.

modecca

10 May 2019

Zac wrote:
10 May 2019
Self control is not a relevant subject in this thread???
🔗💥

Zac

10 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
10 May 2019
Zac wrote:
10 May 2019
It doesn't bother me personally especially because drinking is so embedded and accepted in society. I'm reminded of a time my recovering addict uncle took me out to sushi on his dime and I ordered Japanese beers and hot sake. I was already drunk and insensitive when he picked me up although I felt guilty about drinking like a fish in front of my own recovering addict family member. I was later assured by a reliable source (another family member) that the will to be sober should be stronger than temptation. The temptation will always be there but I've taken a strong liking to carbonated mineral water.
I didn’t know it was you P.

I'm so glad you are trying.

I do have a problem with some stuff here though. But hey fuck 'em In my opinion, if that's okay and not reprehensible xx

reasonsuser88

10 May 2019

Zac wrote:
10 May 2019

Thanks! Hopefully I'll stick around for a while and not be a self-destructive recluse.

I lost count of myself.

There is a line in the new Joker movie: I used to think my life was a tragedy but now I realize it's a comedy.

I'm really starting to relate to that.

Zac

10 May 2019

modecca wrote:
10 May 2019
Zac wrote:
10 May 2019
Not if you are an alcoholic and it comes to amount. Even suggesting a spliff is just gateway to an addict.

Self control is zero or on to an addict.

Not the cosy world you describe with a bit of smoke n a few beers.

Good for you. Not for me.

modecca

10 May 2019

Zac wrote:
10 May 2019
modecca wrote:
10 May 2019

Not if you are an alcoholic and it comes to amount. Even suggesting a spliff is just gateway to an addict.

I actually agree with you lol (hate when that happens!no drama for me today).
All jokes/arrogant bragging/watered down advice to the side, I don't want anyone to suffer from the dangers of addiction.
🔗💥

Zac

10 May 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
10 May 2019
Zac wrote:
10 May 2019

Thanks! Hopefully I'll stick around for a while and not be a self-destructive recluse.

I lost count of myself.

There is a line in the new Joker movie: I used to think my life was a tragedy but now I realize it's a comedy.

I'm really starting to relate to that.
I really hope you stick to one name and premote your music in a consistent way. You and your music deserve people to be able to find it. Seriously stop dicking around with that.

Zac

10 May 2019

modecca wrote:
10 May 2019
Zac wrote:
10 May 2019

I actually agree with you lol (hate when that happens!no drama for me today).
All jokes/arrogant bragging/watered down advice to the side, I don't want anyone to suffer from the dangers of addiction.
The size equals 150 alone makes me think... <derogatory expletive>

Zac

10 May 2019

I don't have the luxury of 5+ hours to post a witty repost. So I'll leave and trust your honesty.

Zac

10 May 2019

Blurghhh....

I love Peter.

But all this messing around with user names...

I really don't like modecca....

I don't watch u tube videos

Kingdom of the unsure

Realm of the paranoid

You're all the same.

Zac

10 May 2019

I've ordered pizza and a bottle of wine so carry on... please... i dint mean it

sleep1979

10 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
You’ve got a good voice on you Sleep. Keep singing man. :)
Thanks man yeah thats me i did have one little dip if im honest i got bored after 3 weeks and i went out but that was a week ago i think i lost half a stone in that 3 weeks( meat diet and no alcohol ) , so gonna try another three weeks and take it from there sorry guys,i know i let u down but like u said i need to find other things to do thats 100% the problem, got a date arranged next weekend , got any ideas for dates apart from a bar ?

sleep1979

10 May 2019

diminished wrote:
09 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
Yo seriously. If that's you, sleep, you have a fucking gift. Caress yourself and show _yourself_ the respect you deserve and stop with the things that destroy you. Become the best version of yourself.
Yeah thats me Thanks man - wouldnt it be cool if there was a place where reason users could hook up coz u guys seem like pretty good guys , yeah im gonna write the last middle 8 of this new piano song im making this next week , did have a blip but feeling positive for the next month cheers for your nice words bro 👊🏻

modecca

10 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
10 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
09 May 2019
got a date arranged next weekend , got any ideas for dates apart from a bar ?

Introduce her to Reason. I know girls get bored with stuff like that, but that's the challenge.
🔗💥

reasonsuser88

10 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
10 May 2019
got any ideas for dates apart from a bar ?
I've been wanting to take my girlfriend to the art museum here. Well, we actually have a lot of museums here in a central location and I might see if I can buy a pass through the whole park.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
10 May 2019

Thanks man yeah thats me i did have one little dip if im honest i got bored after 3 weeks and i went out but that was a week ago i think i lost half a stone in that 3 weeks( meat diet and no alcohol ) , so gonna try another three weeks and take it from there sorry guys,i know i let u down but like u said i need to find other things to do thats 100% the problem, got a date arranged next weekend , got any ideas for dates apart from a bar ?
I wasn’t going to comment but I felt I had to say something. Try not to feel that you’ve let anyone down. It’s maybe not what you meant but, if you want my advice, get into the idea that the only person you’re changing your drinking habits for is you. Stop drinking for someone else and as soon as that person disappears or does something to hurt you or piss you off then there’s your excuse to start again.
Also...I totally get being bored. Being an all or nothing guy myself I totally understand. Eat well and run 10k every day and feel better and better but as soon as you hit the feel good plateau you get bored with that and it’s back to full on self destruction until you get bored of that again and move on to something else. You had a blip. Then you stayed off for another 3 weeks. That’s character man. Good on you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

11 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
10 May 2019

I wasn’t going to comment but I felt I had to say something. Try not to feel that you’ve let anyone down. It’s maybe not what you meant but, if you want my advice, get into the idea that the only person you’re changing your drinking habits for is you. Stop drinking for someone else and as soon as that person disappears or does something to hurt you or piss you off then there’s your excuse to start again.
Also...I totally get being bored. Being an all or nothing guy myself I totally understand. Eat well and run 10k every day and feel better and better but as soon as you hit the feel good plateau you get bored with that and it’s back to full on self destruction until you get bored of that again and move on to something else. You had a blip. Then you stayed off for another 3 weeks. That’s character man. Good on you.
Cheers fig your a man of wisdom 100% 🙂

• Information