How much time do you spend on ReasonTalk?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Posts: 1857
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 Dec 2018

I spend a LOT of time here reading and writing posts. It’s actually getting to the point where I’m thinking of forcibly limiting my views. I deleted my FB account a long time ago for the same reason but value this forum too much to leave. How often do you come here in a day? Just wondering :).

User avatar
minilog
Posts: 193
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Location: California

Post 28 Dec 2018

Probably average five minutes a day and I tend to check it out when I'm bored at work. I love Reason but there's not much to talk about or anything that I'm curious about within the realm of Reason. I'm still on 9.5 and don't care about the hype or complaints people have. I spend a lot of time on Facebook because it's more interactive and I participate in a few music groups.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2720
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 28 Dec 2018

Anything from 15 mins a day to half an hour, maybe more. When there's a "What does Reason 11 need?" thread with 17 pages you have to read through which takes an hour, obviously a lot longer.

I maybe come on here, 2 to 4 times a day. This is my first time today.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.3 / Cockus Reaper 5.978 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Zac
Posts: 1265
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 28 Dec 2018

I always check the site out first thing usually over a coffee, usually takes less than 5 mins to catch up on the threads I'm interested in. I'll then come back 1,2 or 3 times during the day depending on boredom levels, but usually only for a minute or two.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 1373
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

Post 28 Dec 2018

My name is Motuscott and I am a Reasontalker.

First hit of the day...
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2093
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 28 Dec 2018

I keep Reasontalk open all day while working on music. Anytime I take a break I switch over to my second monitor and refresh the forum. I rarely leave my computer. With that said, it's probably near 5-8 hours.. I can't be sure.

Edit: Okay.. maybe the forum is OPEN for 5-8 hours a day but I definitely don't spend that much "on" or participating on the forum. It's probably closer to an hour.
Last edited by aeox on 28 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Resonator
Posts: 283
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 28 Dec 2018

15-30 minutes a day, depending on the content.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2720
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 28 Dec 2018

I've done about 45-50 minutes today so far and logging off for now. There's still 4.5hrs left of the day and will probably drop back in in a couple of hours for half hr or so lol!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.3 / Cockus Reaper 5.978 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 915
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: probably underwater

Post 25 Jan 2019

Depends on what phase I'm in. I don't spend much time here when I'm not making music or having down time with it all. And I do't spend much time here once I've consolidated a musical idea or set of ideas, then I just roll. I spend most of my time here when I'm collating. Like now, I've just got shit looping in the back ground, tuning in and out of it, zeroing in on things.

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 216
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 25 Jan 2019

every morning from work to see what's poppin
Courtesy of The Brew | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Apple 1 TB & Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 10 | Studio One 3 Professional | Ozone 7 | Pro Tools 12 | Adobe CC | Presonus FireStudio Project | M-Audio Axiom | And many plugs

User avatar
Wobbleburger
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Location: Austin

Post 25 Jan 2019

Ya, I get on at work and lurk every day
I like jungle.

Reason 10 - Win10 - i7 9700k - 32gb DDR4 - Novation Launchkey 25 - Korg Nanokontrol 2 - Scarlet 2i2 2nd Gen - Shure SM58 - Expanse, The Legend & Serum top my list

WarStar
Posts: 16
Joined: 17 Oct 2018

Post 25 Jan 2019

I hit "New Posts" a couple times a day usually

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1665
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 26 Jan 2019

I hit "New posts" several times a day. But I don't always read further if the topics don't interest me.

But apparently I've made over 1500 posts on this forum. :shock: That alone should tell you that I spend way too much time here.

I've actually considered taking longer breaks from it, but it hasn't happened yet.

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 915
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: probably underwater

Post 26 Jan 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jan 2019
...But apparently I've made over 1500 posts on this forum. :shock: That alone should tell you that I spend way too much time here.

I've actually considered taking longer breaks from it, but it hasn't happened yet.
Well, you did call yourself Tritone Adiction...

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1665
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 26 Jan 2019

plaamook wrote:
26 Jan 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jan 2019
...But apparently I've made over 1500 posts on this forum. :shock: That alone should tell you that I spend way too much time here.

I've actually considered taking longer breaks from it, but it hasn't happened yet.
Well, you did call yourself Tritone Adiction...
Tritone Addiction yes not ReasonTalk Addiction :)
Perhaps it's time I change my name haha.

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 915
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: probably underwater

Post 26 Jan 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jan 2019
plaamook wrote:
26 Jan 2019


Well, you did call yourself Tritone Adiction...
Tritone Addiction yes not ReasonTalk Addiction :)
Perhaps it's time I change my name haha.
ReasonTalk Enthusiast?

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 915
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: probably underwater

Post 26 Jan 2019

Like a positive affirmation!

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 1665
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 26 Jan 2019

plaamook wrote:
26 Jan 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jan 2019

Tritone Addiction yes not ReasonTalk Addiction :)
Perhaps it's time I change my name haha.
ReasonTalk Enthusiast?
That sounds like I'm still in denial, like a true addict :lol:

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 915
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: probably underwater

Post 26 Jan 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
26 Jan 2019
plaamook wrote:
26 Jan 2019


ReasonTalk Enthusiast?
That sounds like I'm still in denial, like a true addict :lol:
So when you say 'several times a day' what you really means is you have to get up in the night just to check?...

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 797
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 26 Jan 2019

20 minutes per day. Maybe 30 before starting make music.
Is like to read a day journal seeking any audio news, Reason stuff etc. :puf_smile:

Other 10 - 15 minutes in the evening on my couch in relax mode :puf_bigsmile:
Karim Le Mec : Dj / Producer / Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 10.2 on  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.karimlemec.it/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec
https://www.mixcloud.com/lemecdj/

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1377
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jan 2019

I'd say about tree fiddy

MrFigg
Posts: 1857
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 30 Jan 2019

Jagwah wrote:
30 Jan 2019
I'd say about tree fiddy
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Get outa here you goddamn Loch Ness monsta’.

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 359
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 30 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Get outa here you goddamn Loch Ness monsta’.
Hey dude, I thought crustaceans from the protozoic era were welcome here as well?
:reason: 10 on Win10

MrFigg
Posts: 1857
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 30 Jan 2019

Adabler wrote:
30 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Get outa here you goddamn Loch Ness monsta’.
Hey dude, I thought crustaceans from the protozoic era were welcome here as well?
Ok. Give him a dolla’.

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 249
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 30 Jan 2019

Check new posts and depending on the content anywhere from less than a minute to ten. I don't linger and I only use the forum, never visit the rest of the site.
Tend the flame

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests