Wet Shaving et cetera...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
bxbrkrz

Post 08 Nov 2018

bxbrkrz

Post 09 Nov 2018

bxbrkrz

Post 09 Nov 2018

bxbrkrz

Post 10 Nov 2018

FlowerSoldier

Post 10 Nov 2018

Yeah Bruh.
I'm all about the safety razors. My Broh got me one for Christmas.
I have a Viking and I rock the astra blades, but I'm about to switch to Feather.
I pity the fool who still be using Gillete.

bxbrkrz

Post 10 Nov 2018

FlowerSoldier wrote:
10 Nov 2018
Yeah Bruh.
I have a Viking and I rock the astra blades, but I'm about to switch to Feather.
Face and head shaving 20+ years. Switched to a Panasonic Dry/Wet 12 or so years ago. The battery died (2015?). I got another Pana, but that one died a year later. Sent it to Pana for a replacement. While waiting I got a disposable Schick. I forgot how quiet and relaxed shaving was supposed to be. My Pana came back. I never used it. That was 2 years ago.
VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather was my first DE razor. Total newb. Tried it for 20 days, then I sent it back. I was not loving it. The Q was too narrow. Right now I have the Qshave butterfly matte black. A much wider Q for newbs. OK tool for my training days in wet shaving. I got a pack of Personna blue. Not a happy skin reaction Qshave + Personna for head shaving. Now I am using Derby Premium blades. Feels mild, ok so far. Newbie's baby steps.
RazoRock XXX Artisan Shaving Soap. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream. Proraso green is next.

I should have bought The Chieftain instead, but not on Amazon. My Qshave is overpriced too. Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BAILI-C ... a91f434a06
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Qshave- ... 8f08a879b8
:D :D :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

FlowerSoldier

Post 11 Nov 2018

bxbrkrz wrote:
10 Nov 2018
FlowerSoldier wrote:
10 Nov 2018
Yeah Bruh.
Face and head shaving 20+ years. Switched to a Panasonic Dry/Wet 12 or so years ago. The battery died (2015?). I got another Pana, but that one died a year later. Sent it to Pana for a replacement. While waiting I got a disposable Schick. I forgot how quiet and relaxed shaving was supposed to be. My Pana came back. I never used it. That was 2 years ago.
VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather was my first DE razor. Total newb. Tried it for 20 days, then I sent it back. I was not loving it. The Q was too narrow. Right now I have the Qshave butterfly matte black. A much wider Q for newbs. OK tool for my training days in wet shaving. I got a pack of Personna blue. Not a happy skin reaction Qshave + Personna for head shaving. Now I am using Derby Premium blades. Feels mild, ok so far. Newbie's baby steps.
RazoRock XXX Artisan Shaving Soap. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream. Proraso green is next.

I should have bought The Chieftain instead, but not on Amazon. My Qshave is overpriced too. Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BAILI-C ... a91f434a06

Yup, the Chieftain is what I use. I also rock that Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood, but I think I'm going to switch to a different scent. I smell like an old man when I use it. I try to get my friends to switch to the safety razors, but they are resistant. Oh well. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink.

bxbrkrz

Post 11 Nov 2018

FlowerSoldier wrote:
11 Nov 2018
bxbrkrz wrote:
10 Nov 2018

--
Yup, the Chieftain is what I use. I also rock that Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood, but I think I'm going to switch to a different scent. I smell like an old man when I use it. I try to get my friends to switch to the safety razors, but they are resistant. Oh well. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink.
... and you can't even shave that horse once near the water. It would be animal cruelty :puf_bigsmile:
Yes for Tobs and its' old school scent, but to me it doesn't last beyond the shave. Razorock xXx is nice. Wet shaving is such a great bargain. Everything is so much cheaper and lasts for a long time, compared to the disposable world. I must say the thing that hit me and made me sad was the amount of plastic trash I went through my life with disposables, looking back. When you do a search for razors you get the disposables first, because there is no money to be made selling 100s of razor. Pennies each. They made the tool worse and more expensive, and harder to recycle.

Eventually your friends will get it. Your wet shaving happiness should be enough :puf_smile:

FlowerSoldier

Post 11 Nov 2018

I am thinking of growing a beard. I already have a pretty savage moustache. I really don't like shaving. You ever grow your face hair out?

MrFigg

Post 11 Nov 2018

I was always one for a Gillette blade, a fox hair brush, a shaving mug and a splash of Old Spice.
Now I’m becoming a bit of a beardie weirdie. My youngest wants me to grow it out so we can hide stuff in it ha ha. Went to a Turkish barber for the first time a few weeks ago. He trimmed a shape, shaved my neck with an open razor, used threads to take the fluff off my cheeks and then stuffed q-tips with hot wax in my ears and up my nose and ripped out all the hairs there. I’m going back tomorrow :):):).

bxbrkrz

Post 12 Nov 2018

bxbrkrz

Post 13 Nov 2018

• Information