What phone do you use?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

31 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018
plaamook wrote:
31 Oct 2018

Why is there no longer a headphone jack papa?...
Well little one, we mortals can't hope to understand why They do what They do. All we can do it trust in Their wisdom and Their love for us.
In all seriousness, removing the old analog 3.5 mm headphone jack not only allowed Apple to raise the IP rating to IP68 (although the 7-X was only rated to IP67), but also gave them more room for electronics, enabling to shrink its size and add (presumably) more valuable features. And in all honesty, the old headphone jack didn't do a whole a lot, so its return on features was incredibly small.

I think the Forbes article from several years ago sums it up as well:
Well, the headphone jack has three purposes:
  • Get stereo audio out of the phone.
  • Get mono audio into the phone.
  • Get volume and play/pause signals into the phone.
All of these are not only redundant, but doubly redundant: the Lightning port and Bluetooth radio can both do all of these things.

The headphone jack can’t really do anything else. You can’t connect other accessories to it. (Well, you can do some simple, passive things like a Square card reader, but this is hacky, insecure, provides a poor user experience, and can be done better through Lightning or Bluetooth.)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016 ... add0753058
Have you ever seen an elderly lady walking down a bus aisle as the driver (disrespectfully) pulls out into traffic?

It's not a pretty sight.

Respect the elderly.

;)

EnochLight

31 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Have you ever seen an elderly lady walking down a bus aisle as the driver (disrespectfully) pulls out into traffic?

It's not a pretty sight.

Respect the elderly.

;)
Admittedly, I've never seen an elderly lady holding an iPhone while walking down a bus aisle, and then dropping it into an aquarium as the driver pulls out into traffic. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

31 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018

It's not a pretty sight.

Respect the elderly.

;)
Admittedly, I've never seen an elderly lady holding an iPhone while walking down a bus aisle, and then dropping it into an aquarium as the driver pulls out into traffic. :lol:
You have been on a bus?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ljekio

31 Oct 2018

plaamook wrote:
31 Oct 2018

Why is there no longer a headphone jack papa?...
Because so many blondies to wet it and lost phone ability before dry it.

EnochLight

31 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018
You have been on a bus?
Public transit FTW! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jappe

31 Oct 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Oct 2018
So I'm probably one of the last people in the world who just bought my first smart phone. Yes it's true. When I've said I don't like too technical rack extensions I wasn't lying :lol: Up until now I've always used a dumb phone. But eventually I felt that society almost demands one to own a smart phone in order to not be completely left out, so I caved in and got one.

So because of this the last month or so I've been looking at different phones to figure out what I wanted to get and as a result I've become more interested in the topic.

So I'm wondering what phone do you use?

I got the iPhone 7. I've only used it for 2 days but it seems like it's a pretty good fit for me.
Spare time RIP :D

I'm using a Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
It's a nice phone, but I'm yet to find a keyboard with AI that makes me afraid of AI taking over the world.
It feels like a prankster is transforming the probable sentences I'm trying to write into extremely improbable pieces of funny word art.

Zac

31 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018
You have been on a bus?
Transport even? Maybe that's just the Atlantic between us? It's Wednesday here.

I've got a feeling I'll still see you next Tuesday?

EnochLight

31 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018
EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018

The pond between us most definitely keeps the vernacular interesting. As far as next Tuesday, I would imagine so!

Zac

31 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
31 Oct 2018

The pond between us most definitely keeps the vernacular interesting. As far as next Tuesday, I would imagine so!
Isn't language wonderful? So many nuances.

plaamook

31 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
31 Oct 2018
In all seriousness, removing the old analog 3.5 mm headphone jack not only allowed Apple to raise the IP rating to IP68 (although the 7-X was only rated to IP67), but also gave them more room for electronics, enabling to shrink its size and add (presumably) more valuable features. And in all honesty, the old headphone jack didn't do a whole a lot, so its return on features was incredibly small.

Didn't do a lot for you.
You're replying to someone who uses it dood. Does a lot for me and for all the other people that use it and we're all shit outta luck.
Also, I've got an iphone se. It has a jack and its smaller that all the apple things that came after that have no significant advancemets. Unless you really like to go swimming with your phone. Which I don't. I swim too deep.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

EnochLight

31 Oct 2018

plaamook wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Didn't do a lot for you.
You're replying to someone who uses it dood. Does a lot for me and for all the other people that use it and we're all shit outta luck.
Also, I've got an iphone se. It has a jack and its smaller that all the apple things that came after that have no significant advancemets. Unless you really like to go swimming with your phone. Which I don't. I swim too deep.
Meh, I was just elaborating on why the old analog jack was removed, that's all. I didn't say that I didn't particularly miss it or not. :) :thumbs_up:

• Information