The data revolution and my old folder

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

10 Oct 2018

Remember dial up? A 5Mb mp3 taking half an hour to Upload. Maybe 5 minutes to download.

Remember your 1st mp3 player?

Remember gathering music from the Internet?

I have this folder. It dates from when nothing was certain but some music was available for download from the internet.

I tried to get meaningful songs.

It makes me laugh so much now. Yet i treasure it so much too. Such a great snapshot of 40 songs ish.

Listening to it now.

Zac

11 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Remember dial up? A 5Mb mp3 taking half an hour to Upload. Maybe 5 minutes to download.

Remember your 1st mp3 player?

Remember gathering music from the Internet?

I have this folder. It dates from when nothing was certain but some music was available for download from the internet.

I tried to get meaningful songs.

It makes me laugh so much now. Yet i treasure it so much too. Such a great snapshot of 40 songs ish.

Listening to it now.
Just tried deleting this drivel but it won't let me.

Troublemecca

12 Oct 2018

I remember picking up the line and being assaulted by machine speak. I remember running Napster red, and my dad being pissed cause the (time metered) Internet bill was through the roof lol. I remember Reason 3, and macromedia fireworks/dreamweaver. Being close to tears when hard drives would fail... and the first sony Walkman cell phone... that ended my listenership of radio cold... aux cable ftw.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

Napster was magic. One song at a time. And then, sometimes, when downloading something particularly obscure, getting a message from the uploader to share their enthusiasm for the artist. All at 56kbs. Happy days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

12 Oct 2018

Heh heh that machine speak was almost as annoying as trying to load a game from cassette :evil:

Resonator

12 Oct 2018

Downloading ReBirth 1.5 mods was one of my first and most exciting memories on a 56k modem.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Heh heh that machine speak was almost as annoying as trying to load a game from cassette :evil:
Had a cool program called The Key. You could play in your crap 4th hand copied Spectrum game and if you managed to get it to read the whole way through it cleaned it up so you could record a signal which was like new. C90 ftw
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

12 Oct 2018

I had a lot of Sony C90s but more of these in the end...
TDK_D90.jpg
TDK_D90.jpg (211.49 KiB) Viewed 405 times

• Information