Need help hearing these notes (Heroes Of The Storm - Tracer)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Aasmund1986

02 Oct 2018

Hello, Im working on a cover of this track that I will use for my next project. I cannot use the original so therefore Im making a cover. But I have difficulties hearing which notes is what during parts of the track, so I hope some of you can help me with this. Heres the track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhg9IlIF4kg

I have also done something myself. I didnt find a midi of this, so I had to record it by ear:

I have timestamped where I think the major notes changes during the track:

0:05 :
0:20 :
0:22 :
0:25 :
0:27 :
0:28 :
0:44 :
0:48 :
0:52 :
0:54 :
0:56 :
0:58 :
1:01 :
1:03 :
1:08 :
1:11 :
1:13 :
1:15 :
1:22 :
1:27 :
1:34 :
1:37 :
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

Around 06 to 07 in your WIP the rhythmic strings need to change to follow the original. The opening pattern is a four note motif: Bb, A, Bb, F. This is repeated 7 times, then changes to Bb, F, Bb, F. Then back to the original for 3x, and the alternate again 1x, the original 3x, and the alternate 1x before the motif descends to "A, G, A, F" for 2x (at :18 on your version) then G, F, G, Eb for 2x before modulating to the key of D major (the major three chord) and playing F#, E, F#, D then F, E, F, C (F, the "five" chord) before returning to the original motif.

That's not all, but it should get you started - need more?
Selig Audio, LLC

Aasmund1986

02 Oct 2018

Hi and thanks for listening. On the intro horn I have a "A" at 0:6 and thats where I need to change the rythmic strings notes? I think I got the start of the rythmic strings right.
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

Aasmund1986 wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Hi and thanks for listening. On the intro horn I have a "A" at 0:6 and thats where I need to change the rythmic strings notes? I think I got the start of the rythmic strings right.
Yea, that's the first place you need to make an adjustment. The rhythm is correct, it's only the notes that are changing as the piece progresses. Also, for added realism (if possible) use a softer tone for the front of the piece for the rhythmic strings - notice how they are not so bright at the beginning and then crescendo over the first 8 bars or so, but your samples are full on from the start. Once you get the notes, you can start on the dynamics, which really add realism to the recreation IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

Aasmund1986

02 Oct 2018

I cant hear how the rythmic strings have to change octaves, they sounds right to me. Heres a section with the rythmic strings only:

Reason 10 Intro

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

Aasmund1986 wrote:I cant hear how the rythmic strings have to change octaves, they sounds right to me. Heres a section with the rythmic strings only:

I think we aren’t understanding each other here, as I never mentioned changing octaves. The strings at the beginning are absolutely correct! It’s only a few notes that change as the melody (and thus the chords) change as the piece progresses as I outlined in my initial post.

This sort of thing is MUCH easier to do in person than in a forum setting! [emoji6]

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Aasmund1986

02 Oct 2018

Oh, right sorry :) I will try with the info you gave me in the other sections of the arrangement. I wish there was a midi of this. Yes, its hard to explain things like this in text.
Reason 10 Intro

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

Aasmund1986 wrote:Oh, right sorry :) I will try with the info you gave me in the other sections of the arrangement. I wish there was a midi of this. Yes, its hard to explain things like this in text.
I may have some time in a bit to work up the rhythm strings part for you - would that help?

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Aasmund1986

02 Oct 2018

That would be wonderful If you had some time to do that. Im working on a little animation project with Tracer from Overwatch which was supposed to end last year, but I have picket it up again. And footage like this gets so much more life with music. (Fun fact: Ive never played Overwatch, but Tracer is awezome)
Reason 10 Intro

jam-s

02 Oct 2018

Not sure how well chordify detected the chords, but it might give you a start: https://chordify.net/chords/music-from- ... r-reidorrr

Aasmund1986

03 Oct 2018

Seems like it did a somewhat good job, but it dosent catch everything. It did detect the main horn melody. I dont have premium so Im not able to download the midi version.
Reason 10 Intro

Aasmund1986

03 Oct 2018

Selig, I can send you a midi with what I got so far to help you, if you want :)
Reason 10 Intro

selig
RE Developer

03 Oct 2018

Aasmund1986 wrote:
03 Oct 2018
Selig, I can send you a midi with what I got so far to help you, if you want :)
I roughed out the first minute or so (very rough), using Orkester instruments so you can hear the mockup. I'm SURE there are mistakes, but hopefully this helps and maybe fills in some gaps for you?
Heros of the Storm 1_GR.reason.zip
(221.38 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Selig Audio, LLC

Aasmund1986

03 Oct 2018

Oh, its in a format I cannot seem to open. I can only open .REE formats. Do you mind exporting it as a midi?
And thanks so much for helping me out!
Reason 10 Intro

Aasmund1986

04 Oct 2018

Selig, did you get a chance to check out the midi I sendt you?
Reason 10 Intro

• Information