Getting old?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

31 Aug 2018

Post the tragedy of getting old here.

Last night i was enjoying listening to Kill 'Em All by Metallica when i bent over to pick a beer up and felt my back go. Hobbled but not bowed.

Zac

31 Aug 2018

Come on if we can't take the piss out of the process how can the next gen feel good?

A while ago i drove my car to my very local supermarket. Bought my groceries and walked home (like i would usually). I got up the next day to go out to my car on the driveway... no. Remembered and went to the shop.. no. Cost me £180 in tow and storage fees.

Ostermilk

31 Aug 2018

I got an unsolicited discount on a haircut.

When I enquired as to why I got it cheap, he said something about over 60's being 40% off!

It came as a shock, especially as it was my 60th that day.

I quite like being my age though, stuff that seemed almost crucial at one time really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I sleep much better too.

Zac

31 Aug 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
31 Aug 2018
I got an unsolicited discount on a haircut.

When I enquired as to why I got it cheap, he said something about over 60's being 40% off!

It came as a shock, especially as it was my 60th that day.

I quite like being my age though, stuff that seemed almost crucial at one time really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I sleep much better too.
I hoped to apply for a very good mobile data deal only to find my first ageism...
https://www.voxi.co.uk/?cid=ppc-wvm/mlt ... &gclsrc=ds

I just lied and said i was under 30.

Zac

31 Aug 2018

Pissed
Last edited by Zac on 31 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Zac

31 Aug 2018

It's like all my worst night terrors. Just being thrown around and wiped out. Whatever has been printed isn't mine. Out of sight, out of mind.

Zac

31 Aug 2018

Ive been treated well for sayin but this isn't a forum anymore. It's like writing on the out going tide. I'll still visit but that's it. I'm too old for the cakewalk and waltzers. Goodbye.

Zac

01 Sep 2018

I'm such a fragile soul. So full of it. I mean well but am drunk so often. Thanks though. You've been so supportive and forgiving. Well done.

Zac

01 Sep 2018

Delete Delete Delete

Zac

01 Sep 2018

It is the middle of the nigjt for someone. The mods hate to delete threads so i understand. They very rarely do?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

Tried unlocking the front door to my house using my car remote. Two presses before I slowly realised.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Marco Raaphorst

01 Sep 2018

Old + being drunk is a dangerous combination.

I am 50. I love being able to play live and will do that 'till I can't do it anymore. The most enjoyable thing to do for me (with earplugs in!). This and having a warm and loving family is all I need.

I guess that's the main thing: asking yourself what you want. Then you know what you need.

motuscott

01 Sep 2018

Don’t go Zac.
I would have responded but I was doing my geriatric nap thing.
I find the best part is relearning how to use Reason, every fricking time I start it up…
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

normen

01 Sep 2018

The girls in those magazines look awfully young now - thats about the only thing I dare to complain about, the rest is probably my own fault ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

normen wrote:
01 Sep 2018
The girls in those magazines look awfully young now - thats about the only thing I dare to complain about, the rest is probably my own fault ;)

Aye...and women you thought looked old and hacket before have a strangely beautiful radiance :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aosta

01 Sep 2018

I signed out of my youtube account last night and was confronted with a different homepage of 'trending' things. The videos were either absolute rubbish or things I didn't understand so I thought I would just see what 'the kids' are watching these days.
The one that stood out the most was by Nicki Minaj (aware of her name but never heard a track) called Ganja Burn. Absolutely atrocious nonsense but it has had 21 million views in 2 weeks! I could only take less than a minute of it.....my my I am an old fart.

Tend the flame

tt_lab

01 Sep 2018

I ain't that old XD only 41, but I'm experiencing strange things. Like if I stay all night awake, not even partying, I am like if I had drunk a river that night with hang over and all, but without drinking nothing alcoholic. 10 years ago, I could stay awake several nights and I felt dandy afterwards...that's that!

Zac

01 Sep 2018

You guys rock.

It's true about older women... I've always been attracted to them and women in their 50s who show some sexuality, that twinkle, are very attractive to me right now.

motuscott

01 Sep 2018

If you make it to oldish with an iota of kindness left, it really does radiate. Especially from the eyes and not just the womens.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Noplan
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2018

I was listening to "smack my batch up" at work. Our young employees didn`t know who is prodigy. From that moment on, I knew I was an old fuck listening to old-fashioned music from the past.

Ostermilk

01 Sep 2018

Noplan wrote:
01 Sep 2018
I was listening to "smack my batch up" at work. Our young employees didn`t know who is prodigy. From that moment on, I knew I was an old fuck listening to old-fashioned music from the past.
Luxury.

I have to start explaining why The Grateful Dead are on. :shock:

demt

01 Sep 2018

Ive all ways lied about my age and yes grandad has the essential pair of girls to guide his vegan self thtough the heavens of hedonism
Sex and drugs and rock n roll is kerping an eye on the rolling stones
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Zac

01 Sep 2018

demt wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Ive all ways lied about my age and yes grandad has the essential pair of girls to guide his vegan self thtough the heavens of hedonism
Sex and drugs and rock n roll is kerping an eye on the rolling stones
I will only say it once. But why so obscure? I'm convinced it's not a language thing by now. It seems to me you are intelligent and alternative and have something to say, yet you make it almost impossible to reply to anything you 'state'. I recognise this because i think i do the same sometimes. To me demt says demented in my mind.

Jagwah

02 Sep 2018

Aosta wrote:
01 Sep 2018
I signed out of my youtube account last night and was confronted with a different homepage of 'trending' things. The videos were either absolute rubbish or things I didn't understand so I thought I would just see what 'the kids' are watching these days.
The one that stood out the most was by Nicki Minaj (aware of her name but never heard a track) called Ganja Burn. Absolutely atrocious nonsense but it has had 21 million views in 2 weeks! I could only take less than a minute of it.....my my I am an old fart.

Yes, being disgusted with Youtube trending is something I'm sure a few of us have experienced.

I kind of draw a line between man and child with Pokemon - if you know what Pokemon is you are a child to me and you always will be. Also, anything to do with the recent Youtbe fight with KSI and some other famous youtuber that trended like crazy - man and child cut off point there too.

minilog

02 Sep 2018

Jagwah wrote:
02 Sep 2018
I kind of draw a line between man and child with Pokemon - if you know what Pokemon is you are a child to me and you always will be.
Pokemon has been around for twenty years which means an average thirty year old might know about it.

• Information