"Only reason made" statement...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Marc64

18 Aug 2018

What do you think is "Reason made" when posting a song. Is it when you have done a track in reason with only the native reason devices or with vsts and all?
I think it sounds wierd to say "done only in reason" when you now can use vsts like all other daws.
Its like when using cubase and say "done only in cubase" . Does anyone say that btw? :)
Let the rant start :)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

jam-s

18 Aug 2018

I thin the wording is important here: "only made in Reason" vs. "made in Reason only".

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2018

Marc64 wrote:
18 Aug 2018
What do you think is "Reason made" when posting a song. Is it when you have done a track in reason with only the native reason devices or with vsts and all?
I think it sounds wierd to say "done only in reason" when you now can use vsts like all other daws.
Its like when using cubase and say "done only in cubase" . Does anyone say that btw? :)

It is weird but I think it's to let people know the struggle their CPU went through to achieve the results.

Marc64

18 Aug 2018

jam-s wrote:I thin the wording is important here: "only made in Reason" vs. "made in Reason only".
well yeah but you know what I mean :)

gullum

18 Aug 2018

to me, it means I only used Reason to make the song, with or without VST. in any other daw, you can use VST or only native devices, just as you can in Reason

esselfortium

18 Aug 2018

It's a holdover from the old days when producing music in Reason alone (i.e. without rewiring into another DAW) meant working only with the built-in instruments and effects. Even back then, you could sample basically anything you wanted into Reason's samplers and drum machines, but the distinction has had less and less actual meaning over the years since audio recording, rack extensions, and VST were added.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

etyrnal

18 Aug 2018

Marc64 wrote:What do you think is "Reason made" when posting a song. Is it when you have done a track in reason with only the native reason devices or with vsts and all?

What does it matter? You either like the music or you don't. And when it comes to music production the end kind of justifies the means.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Zac

18 Aug 2018

I think the insinuated pride is gone since Reason got REs and VSts. It used to be hey i got this out of a limited device set. There are very few limitations now. (Vst midi pls)

IMO it means nothing any more.

Zac

18 Aug 2018

That said, I'm still impressed when people produce amazing tracks from just one synth.

tibah

19 Aug 2018

esselfortium wrote:
18 Aug 2018
It's a holdover from the old days when producing music in Reason alone (i.e. without rewiring into another DAW) meant working only with the built-in instruments and effects. Even back then, you could sample basically anything you wanted into Reason's samplers and drum machines, but the distinction has had less and less actual meaning over the years since audio recording, rack extensions, and VST were added.
This.

Over the past years I realized that I also don't want to label myself as a "Reason user" anymore, which used to be a thing created by that area.

motuscott

19 Aug 2018

[/quote]
It is weird but I think it's to let people know the struggle their CPU went through to achieve the results.
[/quote]
and then there's "that sound"

😜
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Zac

19 Aug 2018

motuscott wrote:
19 Aug 2018
[/quote]
and then there's "that sound"

😜
[/quote]

Hic... it's like 7am in nue yerk... youve got a hell uva lot uv catchin up to do :D

• Information