Be careful with those cotton buds

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
deepndark

15 Jul 2018

I always have not been using cotton buds to clean up ears. But I suddenly did and got my both ears locked. My left ear was unlocked by nurse and wax removed. My right ear is still locked, going to health-center to clean it up tomorrow.
I'm using Remowax to dissolve the waxes. Two weeks with locked ears ain't that cool for anyone who makes music. :?

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2018

I've always been told that those things do more harm than good. The wax is in there for a good reason :)

I've never once "cleaned" my ears and have never had any issues so far in my life.

deepndark

15 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
15 Jul 2018
I've always been told that those things do more harm than good. The wax is in there for a good reason :)

I've never once "cleaned" my ears and have never had any issues so far in my life.
Yeah, this is my first time too and i'm 37.

QVprod

15 Jul 2018

They’re not meant for the inside of the ear as they just push the wax further in. Some people do naturally have wax buildup problems and require regular cleaning.

Catblack

15 Jul 2018

It is pretty horrible. I've had to go in and have my ears cleaned out, I even have a small syringe in my medicine cabinet in case it ever gets that bad again. (Using water and hydrogen peroxide. ) I find I have to use the wax softener at certain times in the year, and that earbud headphones are usually what triggers it for me.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

BRIGGS

15 Jul 2018

I don't push....I twist and pull. Wax flows outwards, so should the cleaning action.

No one needs to grow potatoes in their ears! ewww!
r11s

MarkTarlton

15 Jul 2018

I had a piece of a cotton ball in my ear for a long time, probably over a year and didn't know it. I went to tahiti, and the heat and sweating made me get an ear infection. I went to the dr. which was a french polynesian lady who couldn't speak english very well, and we should looked in there, she said the words - aye, aye, aye! not something you want to hear from a professional. anyways a few months later my ear got a little better and than I got sick again...this time I took a bunch of dayquil to function at my job, and I was sweating in 100 degree weather, long story short, I pulled out a plug from my ear and it was the most glorious day of that year! I could hear better than ever!

deepndark

16 Jul 2018

Yay, my nurse successfully got my ear back open again. The lesson is to never do this cotton bud cleaning never again.

modecca

16 Jul 2018

ll.JPG
ll.JPG (28.58 KiB) Viewed 563 times
🔗💥

• Information