Unsolicited Ideas Policy

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
ravisoni

29 Jun 2018

So just wanted to send a track of mine to the game companies as a compliment for the years of entertainment they've provided us (I'm nowhere near professional as the people in their studios, but I thought why not?)
Turns out most of them have a "won't take unsolicited ideas" policy. I totally understand why they need to do it, but that's something I definitely did not foresee. One of those "How do you know what you don't know?" situations. :lol:
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Zac

29 Jun 2018

ravisoni wrote:
29 Jun 2018
So just wanted to send a track of mine to the game companies as a compliment for the years of entertainment they've provided us (I'm nowhere near professional as the people in their studios, but I thought why not?)
Turns out most of them have a "won't take unsolicited ideas" policy. I totally understand why they need to do it, but that's something I definitely did not foresee. One of those "How do you know what you don't know?" situations. :lol:
Sorry you got that attitude. It's their minds that are closed. Screw them.

EdGrip

05 Jul 2018

I've heard of this on TV productions. Who are we to question the legal vagaries of copyright lawyers?
I think...
- if they like the idea and use it, great, they can pay you for it, everyone's a winner
- if they don't like the idea and don't use it, great, there's nothing to pay you for

I think the problem is if your idea is similar to an idea that someone on the payroll had but hadn't pitched or written down yet. Like "yeah I intended to explore that idea one day, maybe next season, but now we can't because we'd have to pay this random stranger who submitted something similar unsolicited".

• Information