The 2018 FIFA World Cup

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Emian

10 Jul 2018

as a Belgian inhabitant i'm very nervous to watch tonights semi-finals against France... hoping on a beautiful game to watch !!!!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Zac

10 Jul 2018

Emian wrote:
10 Jul 2018
as a Belgian inhabitant i'm very nervous to watch tonights semi-finals against France... hoping on a beautiful game to watch !!!!
I'll be watching. Though my nerves will be jangling tomorrow night. For what it's worth i fancy Belgium over France. Good luck!! Here's to a Belgium v England final... :thumbs_up:

I hope i don't live to regret this post ;)

Zac

10 Jul 2018

Based on tonight's game whoever wins in England v Croatia there is going to be a tough final.

France's defending left no space tonight. They really shrouded any advance. They made one goal enough.

3 left.

Emian

10 Jul 2018

It wasn't ment to be, alltough I'm still proud what Belgium achieved, saw them play some amazing football, very offensive and nice to watch.

Good luck tonight!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

Zac

11 Jul 2018

I think Belgium play great football, shame they're out.

I found this quite amusing ...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44786215

Never say never :P

Emian

11 Jul 2018

Well what an unpredictable world Cup !!

I thought after the 5 minute goal England was going to win, but what Croatia pulled off in 2nd half and beyond was just fierce...

This also means our countries will play for the bronze on Saturday, so still something to look forward to [emoji6]

EpiGenetik

12 Jul 2018

So......

We come down to the final - two great teams - France and Croatia!

....and while we're there, as we come to the end of a truly fantastic tournament which as a neutral I have enjoyed every minute of..... how about a round of applause for Belgium and England, who both added so much quality football to this tournament. The better England players will be back of course (they're a very young team), but I think this is probably the last real chance for the current Belgian team. For a country of their size to get to the semi's though is a breathtaking achievement and they entertained the world!

France are also a very young team.... and Croatia are not, and during this tournament Croatia have had some insufferably tough games, needing extra time in all 3 of their knockout games. It's difficult to see Croatia winning, but I wish them all the best. Mostly, I just hope for a classic final with lots of entertainment. :)

Enjoy

Zac

12 Jul 2018

EpiGenetik wrote:
12 Jul 2018
So......

We come down to the final - two great teams - France and Croatia!

....and while we're there, as we come to the end of a truly fantastic tournament which as a neutral I have enjoyed every minute of..... how about a round of applause for Belgium and England, who both added so much quality football to this tournament. The better England players will be back of course (they're a very young team), but I think this is probably the last real chance for the current Belgian team. For a country of their size to get to the semi's though is a breathtaking achievement and they entertained the world!

France are also a very young team.... and Croatia are not, and during this tournament Croatia have had some insufferably tough games, needing extra time in all 3 of their knockout games. It's difficult to see Croatia winning, but I wish them all the best. Mostly, I just hope for a classic final with lots of entertainment. :)

Enjoy
Well said. I've really enjoyed it too. It's also been nice to have a likeable/respectable England team and manager. Thank goodness Sam Alardyce got sacked.

Emian

14 Jul 2018

So proud of our Red Devils... Well deserved bronze!!!! Now good luck Croatia, you deserve to win tomorrow!

EpiGenetik

16 Jul 2018

Well,

I asked for an entertaining final, and it appears that I got one :)

Well done to France, who were magnificent at times, and lucky at others. Croatia surprised me with just how well they opened the game, but luck wasn't with them decision wise. I thought the penalty and free kick were good decisions, but it was unlucky for Croatia that this was how things panned out - they truly played brilliantly.

.....and so we come to the end.... it's been emotional.....

Same time, same place, four years from now :D

(except that Qatar is getting held in December! - but you get the point)

• Information