E3 Expo - PS4 Rules Again

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Holy shit - Ghost of Tsushima looks AMAZING:

Plus there was a brief little announcement tonight that all PS Plus members get COD Black OPS 3 for free later tonight.

F*CK yeah I'm A Sony Fanboy.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

12 Jun 2018

Ghost of Tsushima looked absolutely fantastic. Spider-Man seems like it could be a lot of fun, too. Death Stranding was a bit of a let-down, after all the ridiculous build-up. I have no taste for what the Last of Us 2 is offering in terms of themes and gameplay (and strongly disliked the first game), though the characterization seemed great.

Overall, I thought Sony's conference was disappointing, honestly. The carting people around from room to room, plus the bad audio off the top and the extended musical performances, all seemed to put the audience in a lousy mood.

Between all the big announcements on the Microsoft stage, be it Cyberpunk or Dying Light 2, or (for me) the new game from FROM Software and the acquisition of Ninja Theory, I thought Microsoft's conference was much stronger overall. I say this as a console agnostic (I have all three consoles, although I prefer the XBox controller). We'll see what Nintendo's looks like tomorrow!

jimmyklane

12 Jun 2018

hurricane wrote:
11 Jun 2018
Holy shit - Ghost of Tsushima looks AMAZING:

Plus there was a brief little announcement tonight that all PS Plus members get COD Black OPS 3 for free later tonight.

F*CK yeah I'm A Sony Fanboy.
Holy crap...that’s absolutely incredible!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2018

The presentation aspect of it was definitely poor. And they only showed a few games, but it’s the PS4, there will be a gazillion games released for it the next two years, and they chose to feature quality over quantity and that was pretty awesome. They’re really nailing it with their exclusive titles.

Very curious to see what Nintendo is going to do. I haven’t purchased a Nintendo console since the N64.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

12 Jun 2018

Yeah, between Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, Tsushima, and Spider-Man, they're having a very good run of exclusives.

miscend

12 Jun 2018

I think it was a tie. The Xbox exclusives were just as good this time IMHO. The Sony conference focused on four main titles Spiderman, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Tsushima - most of which we already knew about. Whilst the Microsoft conference had more new games that were not previously announced.

Also we still haven't seen the Nintendo conference yet. Remember Nintendo had last year's GOTY. Never count them out.

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2018

I just watched the Nintendo presentation. If your favorite game is Smash Bros, then yay for you. Was expecting a little bit more from them.

Sony's games just punch me in the soul. The look (Tshushima), the drama (Last of Us 2), the cinematic feel (Uncharted series), the emotion (The Last Guardian), the coolness (Spiderman) - I've never connected with a console this much before.

Anyway, I hope Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all step up there game(s) even more. It's going to be fun.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

12 Jun 2018

As someone who gets together with friends and players couch multiplayer games on the weekend, I'm plenty excited about Super Mario Party.

Still more excited about Sekiro than anything else at E3. And to see what Ninja Theory will do now that they're part of Microsoft, since I've loved their previous games.

Adabler
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2018

Microsoft had a great show, so many great games: don't nod's two new games, new title from From software, ori sequel, new metro game and lots of other stuff.
:reason: 12, Win10

pushedbutton

12 Jun 2018

I don't have a console since the 360, had a ps2 before that. I was more impressed by Xbox's presentation than by Sony's but if you want to watch a presentation for pure entertainment value I'd recommend looking at this offering by devolver digital...
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information