Gravy

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

28 May 2018

:cool:
Last edited by Zac on 28 May 2018, edited 5 times in total.

P'elle
Competition Winner

29 May 2018

I tried being a truck driver. Got pulled over by the highway patrol for inspection. He asked me to open the trailer lock with my key but it broke in half inside of the lock. I had another key - that wasn't why I got fired. Anyways, I wore the broken key around my neck with the shoelace of my work boot for a year while unemployed until I went on a psychedelic trip. During my trip, I realized how stupid it was to wear a shoelace necklace with a broken key pendant as I held on to the past. This realization came to me as I was hearing and seeing tree trimming workers destroy trees across the street from where I was staying at the time. Part of me wanted to think these people were evil in the glory of destruction. I was on the edge of a bad trip but then I realized it was time to accept my temporary existence. I pulled out my pocket knife, cut the shoelace from my neck, tossed the broken key in the trash bin and continued to watch the workers in the glory of their destruction.

Adabler
Competition Winner

29 May 2018

Seattle - The world has changed and we all have become metal men. The National World Metal Men Conference is being held in New York this week to examine the consequences. We are heavy, and can no longer sleep in our beds. We sink in the ocean. Our air planes will not work. We no longer need to eat or drink.

"There is no explanation for this" says Carl East Man, leading biologist. "No one will ever know what happened or why."

We spend our days sitting outside. It is difficult to speak in our old languages. We cannot harm ourselves. Maybe it is no longer possible to die.
:reason: 12, Win10

PSoames

29 May 2018

It's a recurring dream, quite abstract. Not visual, it's more of a feeling, but the best way I can describe it is through visual reference.

A line on a screen horizontality scrolling from left to right. Or a ribbon of freshly forged, glowing red steel running through a rolling mill. Or perhaps even a stream of treacle dripping in a single continuous motion.

All is well, minimal effort is exerted to maintain the line. Keep it smooth. Go with the flow. Attenuate the controls to counter external forces. Concentrate now.

Oh! Too much, you 've over compensated and now it's swinging wildly out of control. The line has adopted chaotic motion. The ribbon of steel has jumped the mill in a wild dangerous arcing motion, bucking, flailing, sending the steel workers to scarper and scurry. The treacle stream breaks. Internal viscosity low, it's integrity has failed; sheared. Horribly, it pools untidily on the clean white plate.

Adabler
Competition Winner

29 May 2018

(CAMBRIDGE, MA) The last visible color of the electromagnetic spectrum to remain on Earth is blue, a leading Harvard physicist stated Monday.

The spectral shift started approximately three weeks ago, when red objects no longer reflected that particular color. This was expected as a result of recent cosmic activities, so stop signs and traffic lights were adjusted to color- ambiguous models in advance. However, the loss of yellow and mauve on the 14th of last month proved to be completely unexpected. "I was taken off guard because our lab is painted white and few yellow objects were handy," said Dr. Earl Walden, professor emeritus of colors at Stanford. "My five-year-old daughter had blond hair, what do I tell her now?"

"The continued disappearance of color has become a phenomenon which Americans are now used to," said leading pundit Mark Berrymore. "Still, I can't believe we're down to just blue now. It's been cloudy these last couple days, and I don't have high hopes for seeing the sky when it clears."
:reason: 12, Win10

O1B

29 May 2018

"Cloaks just need a Dagger."

Yo peep this! You know what?! Ladi Dadi!

Ladi Dadi!

Ladi!

Ladi!!!

• Information