Feature Request for Modular items such as Noise Engineering

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
fotizimo

25 May 2018

I was just looking over the Noise Engineering RE's and was thinking, why doesn't PH make a special modular device (combinator maybe) for REs that fit into the rack horizontally and not vertically such as normal instruments and effects?

So the idea would be for Reason to allow developers to make their modular REs to look like proper Eurorack modules and go side to side, instead of up and down. Then they could make a special modular combinator that you could place the modular REs side to side? Sort of like what VCVRack is doing with having a blank side to side rack with the mounts along the top and bottom instead of the left and right sides.

Then maybe this would allow developers to convert or develop true modular type REs. I guess the only limitation would be in having the cables around the back, which would loose a bit of the true feeling. But if popular, PH could have a special section of their site for modular components. This might help them compete in the soft-eurorack space as Reason is a nature fit for modular experimentation.

Or, maybe this is a horrible idea.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Loque

25 May 2018

I make it short and say what I like on the Noise RE: Knobs with big effect and cv for all!
Reason12, Win10

• Information