Those weird thoughts...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

25 May 2018

I don't think inside the box; nor exactly outside, but more like outside-outside the box, if that makes sense. xD

Sometimes it doesn't work, but other times I seem to come up with something at least somewhat new!

I'm glad for those people who are more open and supportive about it!

Thank you!

jimmyklane

25 May 2018

RobC wrote:
25 May 2018
I don't think inside the box; nor exactly outside, but more like outside-outside the box, if that makes sense. xD

Sometimes it doesn't work, but other times I seem to come up with something at least somewhat new!

Thank you!
Hey man, everybody can take two saw waves and detune them....it’s the outliers that create new sounds we’ve never heard before!

I don’t always agree with or understand some of the ideas you have about audio...but that doesn’t mean they aren’t valid for you. I’m happy to share the facts of audio as I know them with you, and to learn from you your unique ideas and see what happens when I apply them to my own music and sound design!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

RobC

25 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
25 May 2018
RobC wrote:
25 May 2018

Thank you!
Hey man, everybody can take two saw waves and detune them....it’s the outliers that create new sounds we’ve never heard before!

I don’t always agree with or understand some of the ideas you have about audio...but that doesn’t mean they aren’t valid for you. I’m happy to share the facts of audio as I know them with you, and to learn from you your unique ideas and see what happens when I apply them to my own music and sound design!
They usually work either in theory, or on my system. Now it can happen that the theory either doesn't work in the end, or isn't overly impressive, or impossible; or the end result fails to translate to other systems. But what does work, is definitely worth the experimenting and thinking.
Even if we'd know everything by 100%, it's the next level thinking that can result in new things.

• Information