The new Jon Hopkins album - Singularity

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
eiresurfer

18 May 2018

Loving it. A great album, possibly not as great Immunity, but excellent nonetheless. I love how he creates such a wonderful organic sound.

His live shows are pretty good too.

eiresurfer

18 May 2018

Also, good interview here: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... -interview

He uses Ableton, which I've been tempted to get into for a long time. i.e. use Reason to create the loops, then Ableton to produce the tune.

jayhosking

18 May 2018

I've been enjoying this record, yeah. I don't know any of his previous stuff, but this record strikes a nice balance between expansive, ambient elements and dance basics.

MarkTarlton

18 May 2018

"emerald rush" is one of my favorites right now.

adfielding

22 May 2018

I really like it, though I'd say that Singularity feels like a sort of missing link between Insides and Immunity - like he wrote an album between those two and somehow forgot to release it until just now. His previous two albums felt like really interesting progressions from what came before, but Singularity feels like he's playing it a little safe. Like I said, though, I still really like it!

• Information